The location of the hotel is perfect for your trip to Hollywood with Grauman's Chinese Theatre being a 5 minute walk but the hotel itself is at the end of a short street right beside the back dock of the Dolby Theatre so it is quiet and private. The Hollywood and Highland centre which is a 3 minute walk away has some great eateries and a Metro station which is a good and cheap way to easily get to Universal Studios one stop away, get a 'Tap' card which you use on the bus network as well. A 3 minute walk in the other direction takes you to 'Starline Tours' main office and pickup point so if you have any tours booked with them the location is perfect. The hotel staff are fantastic, especially the lady who runs the breakfast area she is an absolute assett to this hotel. The breakfast has a good selection of toast, bagels, oatmeal etc along with juices and tea/coffee so that's 1 meal you don't have to buy each day for a start. You can eat at a table there, if free, or take to your room or up to the rooftop garden. The rooms are clean and well kept and although the hotel is older we found no problems or annoyances and the kids enjoyed the pool. There is plenty of parking and a laundry room downstairs along with a couple of vending machines. The room has a well equiped kitchen and with a supermarket not too far along Hollowood Blvd you can easily cook at home if you wish. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful with most time the front door being buzzed open while you are still fumbling for your key. In short don't expect 5 star but then for the money you have paid you are getting real value and a location that for us was just plain perfect. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants the Hollywood experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours; check in is at 3 p.M. And check out at noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles