Booked and stayed at the Suites in the last week of May this year based on all the reviews from TA which again proved to be spot on. These "Apartments" are a great way to stay in the middle of Hollywood without having to pay a premium price. We were a party of 6 staying in adjoining rooms and found the property to be ideal to explore Hollywood from, as well as being great to return to for a swim or to take some beers up to the rooftop to enjoy after a day out. The place was spotless and that included the pool which was always warm and sparkling. ALL the staff were extremely polite and helpful and in particular Patricia, the breakfast lady who has been been mentioned here regularly. Always helpful and eager to serve you coffee bagels or whatever she had, not to mention her tips and ideas about what to do and see for the day. Oh and I hope she is by now a proud Grandmother. We hope all went well.
The location is brilliant. Just a 2 minute walk through a back entrance to the Hollywood Highland Centre and you are right on the Walk of Fame. Plenty of places to eat, shop and buy tours. The back entrance was a completely safe way of getting to and from the Apartments as It appeared to be guarded by security 24/7.
A bit has been said about the thin walls but this wasn't a problem when we stayed there. The place appeared full but was always quiet.
If your like us and appreciate a decent size fridge where you can buy some cheap beer and keep it cold, a toaster, kettle and small kitchen so you can at least have a cheap meal if you want, then stay here.
If you want fancy bars, restaurants gym rooms and 24/7 room service at your hotel look elsewhere.
If you want clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation in a fantastic location then Hollywood Orchard Suites deserves to be considered as a place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours; check in is at 3 p.M. And check out at noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles