Me and a girl friend stayed at the Hollywood Orchid Suites for 3 nights, December 1- December 4. Booked the stay based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. We wanted somewhere that was close to the main tourist-style attractions, and with easy access to Universal Studios.
Our room was a king executive suite, which had it's own bathroom, kitchen and dining area. The most important thing was that the room was clean. The sheets and towels were fresh. Our room was not facing the pool, or on the balcony, but around the corner, facing a car park behind the hotel. This felt far more private, as no one would be walking past us to access their rooms. The safe was a helpful addition to the room, but quite small, which was a downside as we were traveling with a laptop computer.
The hotel is located conveniently just behind Hollywood Boulevard and the Kodak Theatre. Tucked away in a private street along with other hotels like the Liberty and Hollywood Celebrity, it is just on the end right behind the Hollywood and Highland Shopping Mall. There was easy and convenient access to the centre at a 1 minute walk. The mall backed right on to Hollywood Boulevard and the Walk of Fame. The mall was useful for places to eat, but we found it tiresome and limited in terms of options. We could not find anywhere that served breakfast, which was very disappointing. We often skipped breakfast altogether because of this.
Universal Studios was easily accessed through the Metro station which is underneath the Mall, and people looking to visit the main tourist attractions will be pleased with the location. It's also close the the Hollywood museum, and the Hollywood Wax Museum.
The one problem we found with this hotel was that the day we arrived, there were some MAJOR construction works going on next door, on the Mall. Massive drilling noises were VERY intrusive and trying to sleep after a long international flight was near impossible. We weren't warned about this in advance, or when we checked in. The construction was still in process when we checked out. This didn't go on during the evening or early morning, but if you wish to sleep in or have a sleep during the day, you might find it annoying.
Overall, though, we found our stay a pleasant experience with no problems. The staff were helpful, by arranging us a cab and letting us know where the major attractions were, and how to access them. Highly recommended if you are on a budget and need somewhere to stay in the heart of Hollywood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours; check in is at 3 p.M. And check out at noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles