I stayed in this Hotel for 2 nights for a short visit of Hollywood including a visit to the Universal Studios Themepark. If your plans are to see Hollywood and do all the "touristy" stuff, this the perfect hotel for you. Its located just behind the Kodak Theatre and the Hollywood and Highland Shopping Center. Its a 2 Minute walk from the Hotel through a side-entrance of the shopping center and you have everythink you want to see right in front of you: Graumann's Chinese Theatre, Walk of Fame, Hollywood Wax Musem, etc. etc.. The Shopping Center provides diverse possibilities to eat and shop. I can especially recommend the uWink bar, where you can order food and drinks and pay and play casual games on a touchscreen display located on every table and also at the bar. The italian restaurant on the second floor of the shopping center also has some really fine food for reasonable prices. If you want it a bit cheaper almost every fastfood franchise is located directly at the Hollywood Boulevard in front of the shopping center. Finally, if you plan to visit Universal Studios, in the shopping center there is a metro station. The very next station (direction North Hollywood) is Universal City. On the hotel: it has a very nice and clean pool that is not very crowded (it was not when I was there on the weekend in the end of August), hotel staff is very nice and helpful, rooms are ok (big enough but a bit old), there is free WiFi everywhere in the Hotel area and also a public PC including a printer. Finally: book a shuttle to get from LAX to this hotel. Taxis cost a fortune. Regarding which shuttle company to use: I can recommend Karmel Shuttle. I heard some bad things about Super Shuttle so I did not use this one even if it would have been a bit cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours; check in is at 3 p.M. And check out at noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles