“RUDE, RUDE STAFF”

Ranked #159 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Seattle, Washington
“RUDE, RUDE STAFF”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

If I could give this place ZERO stars I would definitely do so!

Before arriving, I called the hotel to ensure they have baggage storage for travelers who arrive before check-in time, and the front desk agent said no. Upon arrival, we asked if the room could possibly be available and without checking, the front desk agent rudely replied "Do you see the time?" I then asked where guests usually wait while the rooms are being prepared and he completely went off on a rant about how it is a small-scale hotel that doesn't offer 5-star services like that and how I was harassing him by asking these type of questions. So after he yelled at me, my fiance and I left the hotel in search of another place to stay. No more than 20 minutes later, someone calls from the hotel saying my room is ready and I can check-in at any time. I asked about the cancellation policy and because I couldn't cancel, we stayed here.

When we actually got the room, it was on the ground level right next to the office. The corners of the paintings were patched up with white duck tape and the shower door was missing. You could tell that instead of replacing the door, it was just covered by a curtain (almost broke my neck from not seeing the shower step). The room was very tightly arranged so we had to move furniture just to get around the bed and to the bathroom.

Overall, this particular Choice Hotel was by far the worst I've stayed in. I wouldn't recommend to anyone who would like to enjoy a New Years getaway in Hollywood.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor so you're not hearing cars park all night.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank C282014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We checked in to this hotel this week, and although the rooms are ok, the customer service is just awful. I would never ever stay in this hotel again and will advise anyone considering this hotel to look elsewhere.
We ordered some small packages from Amazon which arrived a couple of days earlier. We got some of them on the night we checked in and the rest the following morning. The night receptionist was extremely nice and helpful, but the morning receptionist, named Anisur, who I believe is the manager, was extremely rude and disrespectful to us. He told me that they were not in the shipping business and that they shouldn't be getting packages for us, that it was not his problem, and even asked "What is this?!?!?" Grabbing my package and staring at me. He even threatened me, saying that he should charge me 10 dollars for shipping and handling for each package. This man has no manners or customer service skills, being treated like this as a guest is totally unacceptable and really ruined the whole stay for us.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JegrealSanJose

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Columbia, South Carolina, Usa
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Although the rates were good, rooms could use some remodeling. Interior painting, television upgrades along with a/c unit. The breakfast is a nice touch in the lodge. A bit more of a contemporary, modern warm decor would go a long way.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I'm not sure if I should write a good review or bad review for this hotel. I will start with the good. The room was very nice and the bed was comfortable. When we checked in the man working behind the desk was nice, but it took a VERY long time o get checked in, even though we had already paid and booked for the hotel. The location is excellent! Just a few minute walk to the Walk of Fame where you can get public transport to anywhere in LA! The breakfast was really good too... which leads me to the bad.

We spent two months travelling across the US and stayed at lots of hotels. The breakfast at this hotel was one of the best we had our whole trip, however there were only three tables with two chairs at each table. Every morning except for one morning we had to take our breakfast back to room to eat, which was pretty annoying. I don't understand why you serve such a great breakfast, but have no where to eat it?

The rooms are nice, but make sure you stay on the top level! We were on the middle level and we could hear every move the people above us made. Twice I had to listen to the creaking of them being "intimate" which was pretty gross.

The last thing which relates to space I guess. Checkout is 10am and our flight back to Australia was at midnight. Two days before our checkout I arranged with a young man working at the desk to have our bags stored during the day so we didn't have to carry our suitcases around LA for near 12 hours. The morning of our checkout a different man was working the desk and he said we could not store them. I explained our situation and he said we could leave them in the foyer. I was a bit hesitant to leave them out in the open like that, but didn't have any other option. When we brought them into the foyer he said we could store them in the locked storeroom/kitchen area. He stood there and instructed us where to put our bags so they wouldn't be in the way. When we returned at 7pm as arranged another man was on duty and when we said we were there to collect our bags he shook his head at us and said we had been blocking the kitchen all day. He was really rude as we got them out and said we shouldn't have left them in there - even though it was his employee that told us too.

Would I stay here again? Probably not, which is a shame because the location and price is great :(

Room Tip: Get the top floor!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loosenut1983
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We arrive early in the afternoon. and our room was ready. Was a great location and the front desk staf were nice and very friendly. The room was clean and the beds we nice and comfy. It is only a short walk to the hollywood walk of fame so we did that in the late afternoon. Overall we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came to California as a side trip from Vegas and were very happy with our room at this Comfort Inn. The rings was clean and modern and the bathroom had charm with high ceilings. The Wi-Fi connection was excellent compared to our Vegas hotel and you couldn't ask for a better location (7 eleven across three street, Starbucks right next door and do closer to the Walk of Came). We will be looking to book here again when we visit LA again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Rarotonga
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed for two nights with our two children (17)(1) while visiting Hollywood.We chose the room due to the great room rate and the excellent location, just behind Hollywood Boulevard, Starbucks, 7/11, Burger King, Ross all right next door. Check in was fast and easy with a choice of Ground floor or 1st and 2nd level. We chose ground due to our stroller but later found that there is an elevator to top floors. We found the room to be quite small for a double room, not much space for our luggage let alone shopping. Bathroom also small but adequate with shower over bath. Lamp lighting, Cable TV, Fridge, small desk and a very loud air conditioner not recommended at night. Breakfast was definitely better than expected. Donuts, waffles, eggs, yogurt, fruits, cereals, coffee, tea and juice fountain but with very limited seating..not a problem for us as we just ate in the room anyway. Service desk offered great information on tours and booked for us. If you are not too fussy you should be ok!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family