Our GPS broke en route to the hotel and I called for directions. I was given very little assistance on the phone as well as an incorrect exit, which added about half an hour to our trip. We drove through a much nicer section of town and when we came upon the property we were a bit apprehensive. We were not expecting such a small property with "out" buildings. Also the steep incline to the parking lot and the tiny pool (maximum capacity 10) caught us off guard.
We were given a room in Building C on the main floor. I requested the second floor as I didn't feel particularly secure in the building (the exterior door didn't latch properly) but there wasn't one available. I would definitely get a second floor room as we heard patio doors and people walking most of the night and very early a.m.
Okay, so once we were in, things improved. The parking was fine (and the valet will take care of it if you so desire). As mentioned, the room was a bit noisy but the area itself was quiet. Initially we had issues with the wifi, but the front desk came over right away and set it up. The breakfast was perfectly fine as other reviewers have mentioned. Definitely something for everyone, including a pancake "maker"! Surprisingly, the fitness centre (3 pieces of equipment) was available and 2 out of three machines were working. I always have low expectations in this regard. And the second day my husband and I were able to have a quick swim.
I liked the little touches - the toiletries were good quality, the coffee and fruit or cookies and newspaper available were a bonus. All in all, for the price, the location and the free parking and breakfast, it was good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Royal Palace Inn & Suites provides guests with stunning amenities, a fantastic location, and unbeatable prices. West Los Angeles hotels are varied, but guests at this Los Angeles hotel have found the best of the best. Beverly Hills and Santa Monica are nearby. Century City and UCLA are also in the neighborhood. Being in the heart of the city is the only way to fully experience LA. The BEST WESTERN Royal Palace Inn & Suites dishes up the best value in West LA. A swimming pool, hot tub, billiards room, and exercise room cater to every need or whim. A game of billiards is the perfect end to an evening. A dip in the pool is nearly a requirement. We’re more than just the best location around. Our Los Angeles hotel features suites with two televisions and a separate sitting room. Go ahead and make yourself at home. We offer 57 channels, all in HD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Royal Palace Hotel Los Angeles
- Best Western Plus Royal Palace Inn And Suites
- Best Western Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Best Western