DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$215
US$135
  • Pool
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$174
US$138
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$451
  • Beachfront
US$328
US$245
2,181 results
All reviewslittle tokyojapanese gardendouble treeunion stationurban tavernwarm cookiesrooftop gardennice hotelself parkinghomeless peoplebusiness tripbusiness centerfront desk staffshuttle servicefitness centerhotel restaurantstaples center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Overall a very nice hotel. Room is very clean and spacious, bathroom is a little small though. A big flat screen TV, few channel options. Bed is too soft for someone like me. During my stay, the room rates included a $70 dollars package (parking, wifi and breakfast), very great value. Breakfast variety was great. Hotel location is near Japantown (great dining options), but it is still 10-15 minutes walking to downtown and subway.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan S
Marrianne R, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

Thank you for letting us welcome you to Los Angeles during your recent trip! I am glad you had a wonderful experience, and look forward to your next stay. If you need any assistance with future reservations, I can be reached at (213) 629-1200. Thank you again!

Reviewed 6 January 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel in November/2011 and just had a very nice experience there!
The room is spacious, nice bathroom with a good bath and really good amenities.
The bed is just amazing.
The staff is really helpful and is ready to help you with anything you need, at any time.
The hotel also has a lot of shops and restaurants (including the StarBucks in the lobby).
Great location in the city.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Thiago2601

Thank you so much for sharing your guest experience with us! I am happy knowing you rested comfortably during your stay. Providing friendly service and exceeding guest expectations is part of our core values, and I'm glad we could help you throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit! Please let me know if I can do anything to make your future stay just as wonderful! Best regards.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

The location is unbeatable for access to Japan town. There is a walkway to the shopping center with Kinokuniya which is supposed to close at 7, and the front entrance is not much farther.

We did have three issues which marred the experience. First, they charge $24 a day for parking, but their website where we made the reservation stated $10 a night, and we didn't find out until it was too late. When we stayed at the Miyako Hotel nearby we only paid $10 a night. Second, we requested a crib for our room, but it wasn't delivered to the room. The hotel operator never answered, so we had to go downstairs twice to get it sorted out.
Finally, the side access door to the Kinokuniya center was supposed to close at 7, but it was closed an hour early, forcing us to walk around to the front entrance to get in. This was particularly troublesome because we had a stroller, and since the elevator was broken it was necessary to carry it up 4 flights of stairs to find out the door was closed early, and then back down.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent Los Angeles visit. I wanted to thank you for bringing attention to the three issues you unfortunately experienced as our guest. Downtown parking can be expensive, though our current rates of $24.00 for self-parking, and $30.00 for valet parking, are lower than surrounding hotels. There are different packages we extend to guests offering discounted parking of $10.00, as well as packages with complimentary parking. I apologize for the crib not being delivered to your room as requested, as we want to continually improve our communication for guests. We do secure side access doors to the hotel earlier in the evening, to ensure the safety of our guests, as this is of extreme importance to us. I can understand why this would be troublesome during the time the elevator was out of order, and again apologize for stairs being the only available option at the time. We hope to have the opportunity to service you again in the future. Your comments are very important to us. Thank you again for taking the time to share your concerns.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Great hotel, very nice beds and rooms. We paid a great price but they make it up in other ways. $24 a day for parking seemed high for someone staying in your hotel but the convenience factor out weighed the issue. Either Bookit.com made a mistake or the hotel but they would not honor a $50 dining credit voucher that was given for staying 3 nights or more. Bookit.com did refund the $50 though. Also the hotel charged my credit card for the total amount of staying three days that was already paid for so the trouble of staying on the phone close to 30 minutes each call I made to get the problems resolved put a damper on the stay. Very frustrating. The hotel is very close to I guess what would be homeless central. Not the best part of town to be in at night. Overall a great hotel but the issues with my credit card being charged twice and the dining voucher not being honored was disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2011

Thank you for sharing your observations during your recent stay at our property. I can understand how parking can be expensive downtown. After doing research of parking rates with our competitors, we do offer rates significantly lower than hotels in our area. We offer in and out parking access for guests in our garage, as well as secure parking, with security overseeing our parking levels downstairs. The $50.00 dining credit was a promotion through Bookit.com for a different dining location, though I apologize for the miscommunication in regards to this credit. I sincerely apologize for your personal credit card being charged, and the lack of focus which resulted in this occurring. Though there are areas of concern in Downtown Los Angeles, The Little Tokyo District is very safe, and we are conveniently located next to The Los Angeles Police Department. We hope to see you again in the future, and truly appreciate the opportunity to better service you. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Great helpful staff, lovely garden in downtown LA. Would stay here again when business takes me back to LA.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank 644CDK644

Thank you for letting us provide you with our hospitality during your recent stay! Our guest service is of utmost importance, and I'm glad we provided you with helpful and efficient service. We are excited to mention we are expanding our lovely rooftop garden as well, which will be reopening the end of February. Again, thank you for staying with us, and we are excited to serve you again in the near future!