“Nice location - nice hotel - easy to find”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #62 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Nice location - nice hotel - easy to find”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Through the madness of LA traffic this hotel in the south was extremly easy to find. The hotel was very clean and the hotel is beautiful. Standard rooms are very comfy and the beds are fantastic. We really enjoyed are time here. You are less than 1 minute away from the freeways north and south connections. Dont worry you cant hear the traffic if people are thinking this. You are also less than 2 minutes from the Disney concert halls. Didnt get the chance to catch a show but would have been nice. All the hotel location made it easy to get to all locations around LA - 10minutes from Hollywood 15 mins from BH and so on. For my first time in LA I was glad to have spent my time here. If I ever need to go back I would believe this would be the hotel I would book with time and time again.

Room Tip: 35 dollars a day for parking if I remember correctly - also 10 dollars for the wifi
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Marrianne R, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Thank you so much for allowing us to be your hotel of choice! Our location is advantageous to freeway access, and conveniently located to many downtown attractions. Self-parking is $24.00 and Valet Parking is $30.00. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a quick trip to LA for the LA Autoshow. I let him choose the hotel (here's where the learning starts!), and decided I would wear my "easy going" cap for this quickie trip. This hotel was a great deal on line and I loved the idea of a Japanese approach to our accommodations.

After braving the rush hour traffic in LA to get to the hotel, we were in a hurry to check in and get to your dinner engagement. I had read on line that some of the rooms had been recently renovated, so checked with the person checking us in to make sure we were in one of the updated rooms. She replied that it was "semi-renovated" (learning continues...). Upon reaching our room, which was spatially adequate,it felt a little old and dingy. The bedding ensemble was new and styled very nicely ~ I think was the "semi-renovated" element our check-in attendant was referring to. There was also some new, very cool wall paper on the wall behind the bed. Everything else was very standard and in need of updating.

Upon returning from our night out in Downtown LA around Staples center, we were famished and had walked around for a while trying to find something open to grab a late night bite at. With very little available, we took a cab back to our hotel and thought we'd order room service. Alas, no room service available. While there is a lounge in the hotel lobby, there is no food service. There is also a restaurant, but it closes early in the evening. I thought all of this was very strange, however it was a Thursday night. The front desk provided us with a Dominos Pizza menu and also found a menu for a Thai restaurant that delivers. The single desk attendant suggested we walk just a couple blocks down the street where we would find many restaurants open. We walked quite a long ways and there really was nothing open. This is not the best part of town I might add, and we felt it best to get back to our room. We ended up calling the Thai restaurant and ordering ~ eating at 1:30 am and it was pretty good. But really, in the future, I will not stay at a hotel without room service or adequate dining options close by.

The bathroom, while functional and relatively clean had a loose faucet and just really needed to be updated. The bed however, was very comfortable and the bedding was nice ~ again, part of that semi-remodeled effort.

If you're going to LA and will be out and about, not spending time in your room, it is definitely an adequate stay. I do think that you'll do better just a few blocks towards the center of downtown with other options such as the historic Millenium Biltmore which is actually great value. I won't choose to stay here again and definitely will do more research before I let my beloved do the choosing again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you kindly for sharing your guest experiences during your recent stay. I apologize you encountered service issues with our restaurant outlets, and we are proactively taking these suggestions into account. Room service is currently available from 6a.m. to 11p.m., though we are looking into extending these hours of service. We currently offer the Azalea Restaurant, which serves nightly until 9p.m., and The Rendezvous Lounge, serving until 11p.m. We are also in the process of renovating our guest rooms, as we will be changing to a Hilton Doubletree in the summer of 2012. I would personally like to invite you back for a future stay, to experience the new changes we are initiating and implementing. I can personally be reached at (213) 629-1200. Thank you again for providing your feedback, as we continually strive to better service our guests!
Phoenix AZ
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Kyoto Grand. Thanks to the Trip Advisor community, we checked in with a list of our preferences: updated room, highest possible floor, city view. The Kyoto Grand was able to meet these requests cheerfully, and our room looked exactly like the photos on the website.

The room was stocked with quality bathroom products (soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions). Housekeeping efficiently brought up toothpaste when requested (we ran out!). Found out (too late!) that there was a fridge in the room (check out the area under the TV!)

Used the treadmill in the fitness room both nights of our stay. Basic machine, but entirely functional and well-maintained. We didn't utilitze hotel parking; parked at Joe's directly across the street for significant savings. Used the guest shuttle once; the driver couldn't have been nicer and more gracious ~ excellent!

Loved the expansive dining options in Little Tokyo ~ literally a block or so away. Sushi choices abound!

Really, truly loved our stay at the Kyoto Grand ~ a solid choice when travelling to downtown Los Angeles.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DesertDweller32
Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent trip to Downtown Los Angeles! We are passionate about our service and hospitality, particularly meeting the individual needs of each guest. We are excited to mention as well an expansion of our fitness center with new state-of-the art equipment in the near future, as we transition to a Hilton Doubletree this summer. I am glad you enjoyed your experience, and hope to see you return soon! Thank you again for your comments.
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I should have parked across the street for a flat rate of $5 (weekend price after 4pm), but it was too dark to see the price sign. Hotel self parking was $24/night. Valet was $30.

I get to my room and I notice two white dried liquid stains on the red pillow.... So gross!

The next morning I am out of the shower and about to apply lotion except for the bottle is empty and the maids never bothered to change the bottle after someone used it!

Great view from 20th floor.

Light in front of the bathroom could use an upgrade instead of a cheap, yellow fluorescent light.

• Stayed January 2012
I am incredibly apologetic for the recent issues you encountered during your stay with us. Downtown parking can be expensive, though the recent surveys we have conducted in the downtown area show our parking rates are significantly lower than our competitors. Thank you for bringing attention to your experiences with the guest room, as I will address these concerns with our Housekeeping Director. We are currently enhancing and undergoing exciting renovations to our guest rooms, as we transition to a Hilton Doubletree property this summer. Thank you again for providing your feedback, as we seek to continually improve and better our service.
San Clemente
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Stayed at the hotel one night to prepare for an upcoming meeting in February, which will take place at the Kyoto Hotel.
I liked the room and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was small and plain and missed the beautiful atmosphere of the room.
Could not find any food to eat at the hotel between 2-5 PM,which is a concern of mine since members of our group will arrive at different times and might not feel comfortable to walk to neighborhood restaurants.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us during your business trip to Downtown Los Angeles! I am glad you enjoyed the room and found the bed comfortable for your stay. We are currently renovating our guest rooms as we transition to a Hilton Doubletree, and the bathrooms in particular, will be a focus as we enhance and improve each individual room. The Rendezvous Lounge serves food during 2 to 5p.m., and we currently offer room service until 11p.m. We also have a complimentary shuttle for hotel guests to make restaurants and other attractions available within 2 miles of our hotel. Our shuttle runs from 7a.m. to 10:30p.m. We hope to accommodate your future business stays with us! Thank you again for your feedback.
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Overall a very nice hotel. Room is very clean and spacious, bathroom is a little small though. A big flat screen TV, few channel options. Bed is too soft for someone like me. During my stay, the room rates included a $70 dollars package (parking, wifi and breakfast), very great value. Breakfast variety was great. Hotel location is near Japantown (great dining options), but it is still 10-15 minutes walking to downtown and subway.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan S
Thank you for letting us welcome you to Los Angeles during your recent trip! I am glad you had a wonderful experience, and look forward to your next stay. If you need any assistance with future reservations, I can be reached at (213) 629-1200. Thank you again!
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel in November/2011 and just had a very nice experience there!
The room is spacious, nice bathroom with a good bath and really good amenities.
The bed is just amazing.
The staff is really helpful and is ready to help you with anything you need, at any time.
The hotel also has a lot of shops and restaurants (including the StarBucks in the lobby).
Great location in the city.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Thiago2601
Thank you so much for sharing your guest experience with us! I am happy knowing you rested comfortably during your stay. Providing friendly service and exceeding guest expectations is part of our core values, and I'm glad we could help you throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit! Please let me know if I can do anything to make your future stay just as wonderful! Best regards.