DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
US$334
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$239
US$319
US$256
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$297
  • Beachfront
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$565
US$333
US$309
US$635
US$360
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$302
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
2,196 results
All reviewslittle tokyojapanese gardendouble treeunion stationurban tavernwarm cookiesrooftop gardennice hotelself parkinghomeless peoplebusiness tripbusiness centerfront desk staffshuttle servicefitness centerhotel restaurantstaples center
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. I must say I was impressed with the hotel overall. The room was clean and a decent size for 2 people. The bed was really comfortable. I didn't notice any restaurants or dining in the immediate area. You will have to ask the hotel where you can get assistance with that. We had a car so we drove everywhere.There is a Starbucks downstairs from the hotel, pretty much attached. We didn't park in the parking lot cause its way too expensive so the street parking and the parking lots in the area was sufficient enough and way cheaper especially because it was a weekend Thurs-Mon. Make sure you take advantage of the shuttle service (an Escalade) to arrive to your destination in style like a real celeb. Just make an appointment at the front desk. I did get a chance to workout so bring your workout clothes because the fitness center is great. It has most of the equipment and it is very spacious. Overall I definitely liked this hotel and I will return.

Room Tip: I didnt really care about where my room was situated but I hear facing the garden is really nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Hello adventuredude718, I am very glad that you were able to enjoy most of the services and amenities we offer! Our courtesy shuttle is very convinient and yes it does have a bit of a flar to it!

Hope to see you soon!

Orlando

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Booked after reading a lot of positive reviews about its location ( near little Tokyo & china town )in down town LA. But it came as a major disappointment

If travelling with family with kids, its just not the right location. Little Tokyo & china town is thou close by,but not happening at all.

Neighbourhood gets dingy by night and its not safe to walk alone , was approached by cpl of complete stranger asking for money with not so good intention .

Check in was smooth and staff courteous . Had some issue with my bill settlement which was rightly done by Mr.Orlando Salazar ( thank you for that ).

Break fast is lavish and good, go for it ..

Rooms are ok , our was on the 7th floor facing the city so the view was amazing .Wash room was small with basic amenities.Had trouble with hot water in shower.( it was repaired after cpl of phone calls).
Over all had much more expectation which was there .At 275$ a night , i would recommend staying in Hollywood or at Beverly hills where all the action is .

BTW as some one pointed out that its near Hollywood and universal studio, its not . With LA traffic its more than half and hour drive .

Room Tip: try the higher up floors with city facing rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank rohit27

Hello rohit27, I am sorry that our location was not as you expected. while we are not very close to Hollywood or Universal Studios; we are a very convinient to the Metro Red Line which is a short walk from our hotel. This public transportation option is very easily attained and very helpful in reaching these destinations!

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Doubletree the night before our group tour started. We were greeted by friendly staff and check in was very smooth. We even got complimentary warm cookies, yum!! The room was clean and the bed was so comfortable. We had a knock on the door at 5:30pm to ask if we wanted our bed turned down and a little packet of snacks. Overall, we were very happy with our stay!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Sam, I am glad you enjoyed your stay! I hope you were able to enjoy the turndown service we offer to our Hilton Honors Members!

If I may be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com

Orlando Salazar

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was a very welcoming and comfortable place to stay in downtown LA. When I initially arrived, I was informed that parking would be $30/day, however, upon check-out, I was pleased to find out I had been charged $30 for my stay of two nights. I ordered room service the first night. The meal was wonderful and delivered quickly. The room was nicely appointed and the views were great. The garden on the G floor is beautiful. I wish I had been able to stay a little longer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Elizabeth, thank you for the great review! I am happy that our Food and Beverage options were enjoyed! Please come see us again when you visit LA in the future!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We loved the hotel !! very nice and clean !! Upon arrival the staff received us and helped us with the luggage. The hotel located right in the downtown not far from the City Hall and the Civic Center metro station. For a trip downtown, hotel's location is excellent. The room was very nice and clean. When we arrived we had a problem with the heating of the air conditioner in the room but they immediately came and fixed it. our deal was not including breakfast. The neighborhood around the downtown itself, not the safest area ... We did not turn around at the evening. Better not .. Where homeless people lying everywhere ... (but in the other hand- you will see them all over LA) we very like the hotel and we strongly recommend .. but for the downtown area a little less ....

Room Tip: ask for higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello kerend, I am glad to read that our hotel was able to meet many of your expectations. I trust should your travels bring you back to Los Angeles in the future you will think of us first!

Orlando