DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Claremont, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was there for an event that was taking place nearby. They had a block of rooms. Beautiful room and very comfy bed. The view was fantastic. Especially at night. Helpful and courteous staff. Love it, that Starbucks is right at the corner. Nice gift shop lady. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Hello Tani, I am very happy to read that your had a wonderful stay. If you need assistance in the future in booking our hotel please do not hesitate to contact me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com

Orlando

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel so that we could attend a dr. appt. at USC. From the minute we pulled in to the moment we checked out, we had just an incredible experience. The rooms are gorgeous and the staff is amazing. I rode the elevator with the GM and he made sure we were having a great stay of which we did.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Marlene072
Hello Marlene, Thank you for sharing with us; we are all proud to read that your stay was positive. Joe (our GM) is a great leader and we all take our cues from his leadership!. I will happily share with our entire team your review!

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2014

It's a great very modern hotel that's been updated in 2012
Huge thanks to Giovanni at the front desk he was extremely helpful and gave me a room with a gorgeous view of downtown LA as I requested. (choose line 17/19 or the side that faces the garden)
There was another lady at the front desk, I asked her to give me a room with a nice view of downtown but she gave me the one that faces an ugly solid wall of the neighboring building so I had to change it, then she gave me another one and I got so upset because it wasn't what I asked for! I had to got to the front desk again and Giovanni did his best to make my stay very enjoyable and memorable! The room was great and the view was just stunning especially at sunset!
There is Starbucks downstairs and lots of different restaurants in Little Tokyo. I'd highly suggest Spitz restaurant (10 min walk) that serves very yummy food (home made white and red sangria and chicken garlic shawarma)

Room Tip: Rooms on the garden side!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hello Alexey! I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and Giovanni was able to provide you with a great view of our great city!

Bakersfield, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were in LA for my husband's surgery at USC. Our stay at Double Tree allowed a good night's sleep and easy access to the hospital. We had dinner in the restaurant and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of food and reasonable prices. That was an added plus. We will recommend this Double Tree Hotel to our friends.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Donald, I trust the surgery for your family member went well; with that said I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and it's facilities.

Phx, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Unhappy with the calling down stairs 3 to 5 times to notify front desk that my air was not working and no one answered the phone. Had to go down stairs twice to finally be able to move to a different room. I was given a drink comp and when I gave it to the bartender to take off my drink, I was told that I couldn't use it because I had a mixed drink. When I went to fill up my bucket for ice. I discovered that the ice machine was broken. Everyone was pleasurable but it took 3 to 4 hours to convenience them that my air was not working.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Katrina N
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello Katrina, I am sorry that we failed you in your most recent stay; I have reviewed the challenges with our team and I can assure you that we will correct these areas of opportunity to ensure our guests are comfortable in our hotel.
orange, ca
Reviewed 20 May 2014

2. Check in/out service was quick and efficient

4. Warm cookies on check in are another nice touch

1 Thank fmationg
Hello Deborah! I am so pleased in reading that we were able to meet many of your expectations. Our staff was thrilled to read that their engagements with you were positive; I hope the graduation went off without a hitch as well and congrats to the grad!
Orange, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We only live 30 miles away but because of scheduling we wanted somewhere close to attend a graduation. The proximity of this hotel made it very convenient. We did not know what to expect, because as we drove up to the restaurant, there were many homeless encampments, but we found this location like an oasis. From the initial encounter with the valet through the whole visit, the staff was extremely friendly and courteous. 1. Valet was excellent, friend friendly efficient and cars were available whenever requested. Complimentary Window and vacuum service is a nice plus. 2. Check in/out service was quick and efficient 3. Restaurant was excellent. Not your typical bar offerings. Good value, good service. 4. Warm cookies on check in are another nice touch 5. The hotel lobby bar while not a big party scene was well stocked and a nice place to just "hang out"