2,328 results
All reviews little tokyo japanese garden double tree union station urban tavern warm cookies rooftop garden skid row nice hotel self parking homeless people business trip business center shuttle service hotel restaurant street noise fitness center
Reviewed 3 September 2015

We chose this hotel because of its location, close to Los Angeles Union Station. In that respect it was fine, but the downside of its location was the number of homeless who slept outside it. Our "king-size" room was pathetically small, and the plumbing needed maintenance. We won't be back.

Room tip: Don't bother
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank peterkar
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Hello peterkar, thank you for taking a moment to review us; I am very sorry that we failed you in providing a better experience. I would like to have details of your stay so we may take corrective action. Please email me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com, so I may Make it Right for you

Reviewed 3 September 2015

We checked in at 1:00am in the morning and had a hiccup with our reservation but by morning it was straightened out. The staff go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. They have a beautiful Japanese garden to sit and relax in. our room was spacious but the bathroom a bit small but that is all i can find negative. the staff was always asking of they could do some thing for us. Better to buy the package with meals to save money. close to everything, especially with UBER. If you have any issue please ask for the manager if you don't feel you get it resolved they are amazing. the wifi is a little slow better to pay for the good one. There was construction across the road but only one morning of 7 did we here them

Room tip: upgrade to paid wifi if you need it fast, join the rewards program!
1  Thank OG_Queen

Herllo, thank you for your feedback, I am glad to read that our staff was able to correct the reservation error and then exceed your expectations!

Thank you again for your review and feedback!

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Staff was kind; they assisted in meeting all my needs. From Check in, Cookies were a great touch, to Housekeeping cleanliness. JUSTICE was good food and service was strong! Valet and luggage staff were very friendly and able to provide me with great information of the area

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Orlando S

Thank you for taking a moment to review us; your feedback is vital to our future successes.

Joe Kuhn

Reviewed 2 September 2015

The management here is so professional, service oriented, they are doing an incredible job. Everything you call and ask for, you get within a minute. They are doing the best they can to make you feel good every minute every day and night. I guess they know, as a dated building, the service is their main advantage, and it works.
You should consider:
- The mattresses here are very soft pillow top. No other options in the building. If you need firm, it's not a place for you.
- The location: one block away is the fun Japanese village. You also have a small Japanese mall with a convenient store and restaurants. But on the other side, this place is the unpleasant side of downtown. If you just drive anywhere it won't bother you. I'v seen 2 people arrested in front of my eyes, a few bail bond shops, and an unpleasant feeling if you turn right and not left.
- Value for money wise: if you find this hotel at 140-180 $ that is a great price for a great hotel. Rooms are business-style DoubleTree standard. But when sometimes they charge more than Hiltons and over 200 I would really try and look for other alternative.
Again, I do admire the staff and their professional efforts, the management here is one of the best I'v stayed with.
And I have to say a word about Wifi and Hilton: (it's complimentary for Gold):
Here in the Doubletree they give you a short code. In Hilton (a few blocks from here) you are forced to enter your very long Hhonor number and password and room number and choose options. BUT WHY do I need to do it everyday?? The computer doesn't know I'm staying in this room for a week? Are they afraid I'll stay at the hotel and sleep here but than come the next day to use their internet when I'm not a guest anymore?

2  Thank tokyojustin

Hello Sebastian, thank you for the detailed review. Sadly our location can often be perceived as a negative; while I do agree with you in regards to the unpleasant side of Downtown. Our city is working diligently to improve this area for our hotel and neighboring residential complexes.

Regarding the wifi we are working on this with our At&T partners to interface our Wifi Server with our Hotel Server to limit the daily re-connection hassle.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Very friendly staff! A "Clean" hotel is very important to me. The only complaint is there were no microwaves in the rooms and the day I finally called to inquire where I could locate one, just then was one brought to my room...wasted a lot of food because we didn't have one when we initially arrived!
The hotel works with an independent shuttle service that picks you up and takes you anywhere in the downtown area for Free (just tip the drivers), they run all day until 11pm, so this was very convenient! Overall still a great place and great location!

2  Thank QueenieD69

Hello QueenieD69, Thank you for reviewing us!

I am very happy to read that you were able to enjoy the hotel and our offerings! We actually do have microwaves upon requests; I am sorry this was not communicated to you earlier.

I hope you will choose us again in the future and wish you a wonderful day