“I's a real good place to stay in LA”

Dunes Inn - Wilshire
Ranked #220 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Zurich, Switzerland
“I's a real good place to stay in LA”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Since LA is such a big City, this Hotel was for my prfekt place, where I could go to all kind of places,LA had to offer it is safe, clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful . I was happy with my choice and will recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel in march of 2012 to run the los angeles marathon. My mother booked the hotel with her flight as a package, so it was a deal. She then booked me a room for one extra night after she left so that I could rest my legs after the race alone. It was a good price. We liked the area, as that is where I used to live so we chose the hotel both for the price and nostalgia.

The hotel itself is very basic, and unfortunately during our stay the pool was under construction. We where really looking forward to that feature. Other than that, it is a very basic, average hotel with all of your basic needs. The rooms, although are a little outdated, are very clean. The bed is very comfortable too. Or, perhaps I was so tired I didn't notice a difference.

My only complaint is that one of the reservations men over the phone was kind of rude when I called at a later date to inquire about something else involving the hotel.

The area is great, slap down in LA's Hancock Park, very close to miracle mile. There are a ton of great restaurants in miracle mile to choose from, as well some of the best shopping options.

If you need a place to stay at a reasonable price in a good area, I would choose Dunnes Inn Wilshire. Do not expect a Marriot, hilton or Ritz Carlton. This is not it. This is a 3 star hotel, with 5 star folded napkins. Seriously, you will get a kick out of the detail in which they fold the bathroom napkins! It was cute.

Room Tip: There is no fitness centre to my knowledge.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fran D
San Jose, California
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel was perfect for our stay. Great rates plus it is a clean place. We were visiting from san jose CA and visited all the major attractions in los angeles. I felt we were located close to everything. I will stay here again and will recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Georgetown, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was our first trip to LA. This hotel was booked by our travel agent when we said that are needs were clean, safe, good location and good value. We were very happy here. It was one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed at and the staff were very helpful and friendly. It was about 20 minutes from anywhere it seemed, so the location was ideal for us. The courtyard pool area was well maintained and a delightful space to recharge after a day of sight-seeing.
Negative points (that did not matter to us but might to others): No restaurant on site, no iron, no hair dryer and the air conditioner was loud. In spite of that, we would (and will) stay there again.

Room Tip: This hotel is around a outdoor courtyard so all the hallways have outside access. Our room was on th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here in July. The price and location were both pretty good. The Inn could use some updating, and the parking spaces are very close together, but overall not a bad place to stay! The dark carpet could use replacing, but it was clean.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tata07
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I made a reservation in advence with priceline, fully paid and non refundable according to their terms (this alone shoud have give me a hint of what I was about to experience) so they put me in a worst room ever. The room was stinking, old, dirty, carpets with big stains and smell, sheets are missing, no hot water, missing pillows, noisy, stuff was rude and didn't want to help.

Don't get near this place.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Oren S

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I made my reservations well in advance, and paid in advance, to get the best rate for five days on an extended stay close to where my son lives in West Hollywood. When I checked in tonight I was told that my reservation for a double room (my adult daughter is traveling with me) did not apply and only a single queen room was available. I showed the gentlemen at the front window (no desk here) my reservation and all he could say was that he was sorry and no other rooms were available. They obviously gave away my double room and the fact that I had it reserved in advance, and paid for, meant nothing. Being late there was nothing I could do but take the room and find my daughter another room elsewhere at additional expense. She was the lucky one. This place is a dump with dingy rooms, dirty furniture and carpeting, and no parking available. Spend a few more dollars and skip this rat-trap that I think must cater more to customers by the hour as they clearly do not care about advance reservations.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family