“I didn't love it and I won't be ack”

Best Western Plus Dragon Gate Inn
Ranked #87 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Spring Valley, calif 91977
“I didn't love it and I won't be ack”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I booked by telephone, Sunday afternoon, for Sunday night. The quoted rate was $117.99 plus taxes. When I got there, they informed me that there was a $10.00 a night parking fee. There was no other parking available. I asked for a 6am alarm. It did not happen. He appoligized and said he forgot. They offered a Continental breakfast.
At 6:30am, I asked where it was. He stated that it did not open untill 7:15am and it was
down the block a few doors. This is the only hotel that I have ever stayed in that did not start the breakfast at least by 6am. Most business people are on the road by 7am.
The room was clean and in nice condition.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The personnel at the front desk were so helpful and friendly. We only stayed there for a night but they went out of thier way to help us. For example: providing a map from the hotel to the station, storing our luggage, dialling for a cab and generally chatting with us to provide us info about LA. The room was as advertise. Neat and clean and big enough for the 4 of us to fit in along with our luggage. The free breakfast was wholesome. I'll certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Ruschawal
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Best Western is my frequent choice for business trips. But I was really disappointed about this hotel.
Positive point: room was big, well-furnished and equipped.
Negative points:
1) Internet wasn’t reliable; sometimes it didn’t work at all.
2) Room wasn’t cleaned properly.
3) Breakfast was very, very poor.
4) During my 7 night stay, my room key stopped working for 5 times. Same happened to other people.
In general, it wasn’t so bad. Considering price and quality ratio it was acceptable. However this hotel doesn’t keep up to Best Western standards.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RaimondsD
California
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Only the Dragon Suite was available when I booked the hotel so I was a bit reluctant. The hotel had come highly recommended to me by colleagues, however, so I booked it. What a pleasant surprise! A REAL suite separated by a REAL door between the living room and bedroom with a large TV in each. Each room also had individually controlled AC units which was also a big plus. A very comfortable bed made for a very restful sleep. And then to walk in to the bathroom and find a separate shower and WHIRLPOOL spa. Ahhhhh! I was on a pleasure trip this time, but knowing they have free internet access and a breakfast available, I will definitely book this hotel on my next business trip. And with it's central location, i might even bring along some of the family, too. Thank you, staff, for a wonderful visit!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank catta123
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Compare to the room rate, I think it's quite ok. The rooms were big enough for two persons in 1 room. All facilities in the room.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank annchan0806
Bristol, England
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Great location, very central and only 5 minutes from Union Street station where we arrived on an Amtrak. Easy to get to metro or buses for visits to Hollywood, Universal Studios etc. Possible to walk to downtown area in 15/20 minutes. Chinatown was nice to wander around and had a couple of nice meals but nowhere to just have a local drink and no sign of a bar or other food other than Chinese. We were there for a week so found it a bit boring after a while. Had a nice meal at Traax in the station but otherwise had to go downtown. Hotel was fine, breakfast OK but almost certainly had English money stolen out of my purse while we were there which I didn't realise until we got home. Rooms at the hotel were a good size and had no other complaints.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
new york
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I came to Los Angeles for the NBA Allstar game. I couldn't find a room that was under $300 near the Staples Center where all the games were at. So I found the Dragon Gate Inn located in Chinatown. The price was really reasonable about $179 compared to everywhere else. I was a bit nervous because you always hear about the crime and Chinatown isn't known for always being clean. I'm from New York so, our Chinatown is pretty bad. I would asume LA Chinatown was the same.

I checked in with a bit of an NY attitude, but the staff made me feel welcomed and showed me how to get around town with out using my car. I didn't know that there was a $10 charge for parking, howvever, when I found out that most places in Downtown Los Angeles charge around $30 this was a bargain.

You get free breakfast and free internet.. I asked about the wifi and the sfaff said it was designed for people to use outside of their rooms for those who want to smoke and that inside the room the internet has a direct cable for faster service.

For the price, i will definately stay again. Next time I'm going to try to have some Chinese food, didn't get a chance since all the games were at the Staple Center.

The property is just steps from the Metro line and you can go just about anywhere from there with out your car.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple