“Good location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #86 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
New York
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great and relatively quiet location, both near downtown Los Angeles (Disney Hall, Japantown, Chinatown) and major highways in addition to renovated breakfast room inside hotel and basement parking (with charge).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Bernard S
Dragongateinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dragon Gate Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2015
Hello Bernard:

Sorry for the delayed response. Glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. We hope to serve your again.

Dragon Gate Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Angeles, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

It was nice that it was near so many chinese restaraunts and bakery. Parking was close and the rooms were nice. Elevator was a little shaky. I was unable to eat the continental breakfast as it was not served until 7:30am and I had to leave at 6:30am.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Guadalupe V
Folsom, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel was great and well priced. I chose the hotel because it was in Chinatown and I looked forward to enjoying some Chinese fare. The check in lady was well informed and make an excellent suggestion for dinner. In the morning when I went to check out I asked the front desk lady where to get a bite to eat. She recommended the hotel breakfast but I had to leave before it was being served. I asked about a place across the street. The desk clerk said; " you don't want to eat there it's Chinese." I questioned her regarding the fact that she worked at a Chinese themed hotel in Chinatown, and she said; " I don't recommend those places to Caucasians". I was astounded by this. This seems shameful to not promote the neighbors in your area and assume that Caucasians don't like Chinese food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Lori C
baseboy, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dragon Gate Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry our morning front desk person dissappointed you. It is our experience with past customers that our morning person didn't recommend the place you wanted to try..

We take recommendations very seriously and when our past customers tell us they don't like a certain place we tend to not send our customers there.

I hope you understand that it wasn't because our staff didn't think you would like Chinese food. It was just that particular business.

I do hope you give us another chance to provide the customer service you deserve.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have stayed here at the Best Western Dragon Gate Inn in the past. I was pleasantly surprise to see the upgrades. The room we stayed in had new flooring and decor. My favorite was the new breakfast area, What a great way to wake up and have a bite to eat right there at the hotel. I will definitely stay again!

1 Thank 643teresaf
Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Plus Dragon Gate Inn.. We appreciate your businesss and your great review.

Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Best Western PLUS Dragon Gate Inn, Los Angeles, provided a clean and safe environment for my husband and myself. There are small shops coming from the street to the entrance way for registration at the hotel. Restaurants are in walking distance with especially good Asian food. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Carole P
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Room 302-A Door had 1/2” gap at bottom. Tub Faucet Plating was loose, allowing a Bug to come through and scare my daughter. Tub drained slowly. Beds were Comfortable. TV signal was weak at first until I jiggled wires to box. Breakfast was adequate, i.e., Waffles, pancakes, Sausages, hard-boiled eggs, Orange and Apple Juice, Coffee,Bagels, Asst Muffins, Fruits, Cold cereals Security: Appreciated the need for Room Key-Card to reach upper floors. Great Location for quick Fwy access to Nokia Center, Fashion District and Griffith Observatory/Hollywood.

brazil, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel was so amazing, the design with open courtyard, so cool. the rooms and service were excellent. Close to so much. I felt safe even at night taking my dog out, pet friendly in this area was big plus

1 Thank Barbara S