The Mayfair Hotel
US$135
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$325
US$284
  • Restaurant
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$621
US$452
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$436
US$320
US$202
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsplace to sleepdecent hotelunion stationsanta monicaconciergetelevisionusa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
MayfairLA, General Manager at The Mayfair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here for a conference downtown and its location is in close proximity. However, it is in poor shape. The entire carpet firstly is dated beyond belief and stained. To the point that it has an odor. In the particular roomi had the air conditioning unit did not work and they told me they would get it fixed by the time I got back that day. When I got back it was still not working. The gorgeous young lady at the desk moved me to a different room however it was still not much better. This air conditioner cooled but did not heat. Also, the shower head was bent so far towards the wall that I cud not wash the soap off of my body. Not to mention hot water was not existent.

I'm not asking for much. I do understand your trying to operate the Mayfair as an economy/budget hotel. But functional and working things are a must.

Room Tip: Until upgrades are made stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank damien w

Dear Damien W, thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We appreciate your comments both positive and where we need to improve. We are very much aware of the condition of the guest room. While we look forward to our upcoming renovation that will address a number of the issues you highlighted, we will look to improve upon the service we provide. A lot of new exciting things are happening at the Mayfair, I hope you consider visiting us again as we are committed towards an exceptional guest experience and would like the opportunity to recover. Thank you again for your comments. Sincerely, Mike Shoffit, General Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2014

It was a good comfortable hotel, it's kind of old, but really nice. The rooms are wide and equipped, with a refrigerator, freezer and microwave. Big and comfortable beds. Clean.

The guy at the front desk at the chekin wasn't helpfull, but the one in the tourism desk was really helpfull and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MayfairLA, General Manager at The Mayfair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Candela C, thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us about your recent stay. I am delighted that your experience was comfortable and satisfying. Thank you for your comments about our concierge, I will definitely pass it along and I apologize for the service you received from our Front Desk agent. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. I would like to inform you that the hotel will undergo a full renovation top to bottom starting in a couple of months. There are lots of exciting things happening at the Mayfair. Please come back and see all the improvements. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Mike Shoffit, General Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We managed to book this hotel through the daily deal on expedia so it was only $55 a night. At that price I cannot complain. However if I were to pay more, I certainly would! We could see that it used to be a grand hotel and the location is smack dab in the center of town. As it was, the rooms were clean. The accomodations rather sparce. The service desk person was very helpful and friendly. The only real complaint we had was the lack of blankets. The bed only had one very thin one and when we tried to get more, the staff were unable to find any. So we froze most of the night. Otherwise it was a surprisingly quiet hotel with very little outside noise, the views were great. The bathroom was small but serviceable. As I mentioned, everything was clean, but showed extreme wear. Apparently they are planning on renovating the hotel. If that were the case, then this place could be a really nice spot and worth more for a stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicolette H
MayfairLA, General Manager at The Mayfair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Nicolette H, thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We appreciate your comments both positive and where we need to improve. It's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes the staff for their warm and friendly service and takes the time to share that with us. Our upcoming renovation will start very soon and will address a number of the issues you highlighted while we continue to focus on our exceptional service. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit. Mike Shoffit, General Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I had to find a room last minute and most reasonably priced hotels in the area were booked, so I tried this one. Yuck! I almost left not caring if I lost the $100 or so bucks, but stuck it out. The carpet was only vacuumed in the area towards the door. On the other side of the bed, the old carpeting looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a long time. Gross! There were also iron marks burned well into the carpeting with big black triangles by the front of the room. The furniture looked like stuff one could find abandoned in front of a house after an eviction -- old 70's (and not funky-cool either) with big pieces of veneer chipped off everywhere. The ugly orange paint on the walls had big splotches of paint missing and the walls were dirty (so it matched the hideous dirty red carpet perfectly). I could hear everything through the walls and in the hall, and the hallway ice machine woke me up several times in the night. The drain in the bathtub was just sitting on top of the hole, so when water hit it the drain would move to the side and the water wouldn't drain properly. At least the towels and sheets appeared clean. The only good thing was customer service. They were nice and professional and quickly refunded a parking overcharge. Wish I had taken photos to share. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelKatts

Dear Travelkatts, thank you for taking your valuable time to share your feedback about your recent stay. We appreciate your comments both positive and where we need to improve. We strive to ensure each guest is provided with excellent service and we apologize if that did not occur. While we look forward to our upcoming renovation that will address a number of the issues you highlighted, we will look to improve upon the service we provide. A lot of new exciting things are happening at the Mayfair, I hope you consider visiting us again as we are committed towards an exceptional guest experience and would like the opportunity to recover. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Mike Shoffit, General Manager.