The Mayfair Hotel
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$145
  • Pool
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
US$651
US$452
US$558
US$512
  • Pool
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$147
  • Restaurant
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$266
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$486
US$363
  • Breakfast included
The Beverly Hills Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$1,121
Orbitz.com
US$918
US$671
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Embassy Suites by Hilton LAX North(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$193
  • Breakfast included
US$335
US$234
  • Pool
All reviewsplace to sleepdecent hotelunion stationsanta monicaconciergetelevisionusa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

in the area for visit, luckily we found this place. the rate very affordable, the location is close to everything and decent & clean room. The staff's are very nice. definately staying this place again. thanks Mayfair we have a lovely stay...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MayfairLA, General Manager at The Mayfair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear yhannie2x, on behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with our hotel. We could not be more delighted that your stay was satisfying. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of a positive nature. Comments like yours help us to make sure that we're meeting the needs of our customers. Thank you and we would be delighted to welcome you back again in the near future. Sincerely, Mike Shoffit, General Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

First impressions of the hotel are good with a retro styled lobby and building exteriors.
The room that i got was not good. Though it gave a good view of the city from 10th floor, the wooden flooring was cracked and air conditioner was barely working. The bathrooms were just ok. With no fridge and microwave and no locker in the room, it was slightly overpriced.
Overall the service was satisfactory and is located in a fairly decent area of downtown.
Good for a short stay

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Viral K

Dear Viral K, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad that your stay was satisfying. We appreciate your comments, both positive and where we need to improve. While we look forward to our upcoming renovation that will address a number of the issues you highlighted, we will look to improve upon the service we provide. A lot of new exciting things are happening at the Mayfair. Please come back and see all the improvements. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Mike Shoffit, General Manager.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've read my fair share of reviews on this place like anyone should before booking a hotel. In this case you really do get what you pay for. Just a nice quiet and safe place to sleep. But don't get me wrong it was nice. I took My Fiance here for her birthday after we came from universal studios so we could enjoy Hollywood and the Fashion District the next day. She felt safe in and around the hotel but the neighborhood is a little run down. But if you want to spend close to 3 times more for a great looking sidewalk. This place is great for the price and has a great location which is centrally located near all the sights we wanted to see so it was pretty convenient. The only thing I didn't like, was having to pay for parking at a hotel I way staying at. But other than that we did have a good time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony S

Dear Anthony S, thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as yours. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Mike Shoffit, General Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I had two nights at the end of our holiday to spend in Los Angeles.
We knew where we would spend our days and just wanted somewhere to rest our heads at night.
On arrival we discovered we had been allocated 2 junior beds. On explaining why I wouldn't have booked them, and that 2 adults should have given them a clue, I was told they were prepared to upgrade us!
As our arrival was in the evening, and the hotel didn't have meals, the receptionist suggested we walk down the road. They couldn't advise though, as they didn't know. After walking quite some distance, and passed a number of homeless, we saw and spoke to a security guard, who told us to return to our hotel as it was not a good neighbourhood.
We returned to the room, very hungry. The room was filthy, infact i have many photographs.
The carpet was badly soiled, and smelt awful. The bathroom was unclean, and the complimentary shampoo and shower gel had been used. The sheets were stained and ripped.

The following morning we went down for breakfast. After sitting at a table, we were approached and informed that breakfast was not included. After another discussion at the desk, I was given a pass for breakfast. I had booked breakfast.
The staff are extremely hostile, and when I asked, during the conversation regards breakfast, if the kitchen was as dirty as the bedrooms, the receptionist actually nodded.
Thanks was it, we left.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank jac10105

Dear jac10105, thank you very much for your comments. We're certainly disappointed to hear how badly your stay went. I apologize if any of our staff came across as hostile, that certainly not our service standard. I find it hard to believe your comments as relates to your guest rooms. I will certainly share them with our housekeeping department. I'll make sure that they'll understand your personal perception. If you had found Figueroa St about 4 block down from the hotel, there are lots of good places to eat. While we look forward to our upcoming renovation that will address a number of the issues you highlighted, we will look to improve upon the service we provide. A lot of new exciting things are happening at the Mayfair, I hope you consider visiting us again to see all the improvements as we are committed towards an exceptional guest experience and would like the opportunity to recover. Thank you again for your comments. Sincerely, Mike Shoffit, General Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Attracted to this hotel by a special offer. The reason for the offer was the run-down nature of the location and of the hotel - particularly the rooms. It is described as 'historic' and that apples to it.

Having said all that it was conveniently located for the metro station and shops, the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and serviced. The Gym is a joke - don't bother. The area is a little seedy but not dangerous.

I do not think that I would, in all honesty, stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MayfairLA, General Manager at The Mayfair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear LepRecorn, thank you for taking your valuable time to share your feedback about your recent stay. We appreciate your comments, both positive and where we need to improve. We take comments such as yours seriously as we are constantly looking to improve and to provide an experience to our guests which is memorable. While we look forward to our upcoming renovation that will address a number of the issues you highlighted, we will look to improve upon the service we provide. Our staff make a daily effort to provide incredible service to our guests and I am happy to see that it made an impression on you. A lot of new exciting things are happening at the Mayfair, I hope you consider visiting us again as we are committed towards an exceptional guest experience and would like the opportunity to recover. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Mike Shoffit, General Manager.