“Love this hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I've stayed at the Palomar several times for both business and pleasure, alone and with my family. The staff is unfailingly welcoming and friendly and the vibe in the lobby inviting. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. If you have a dog you can bring it, but if you don't you won't feel in anyway intruded upon by others' pets. When my daughter has joined me she has enjoyed the pool. I'm a big Kimpton fan--they always do it right. The hotel is on a rather deserted strip, but you can walk to Westwood in about 15 minutes. Or, heck, it's L.A. what are you doing walking anyway? DRIVE!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Chamho, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear PJfromCA,

I'm so happy to hear your daughter loves our hotel, especially the pool.

I hope you stay again soon and thank you for your loyalty to the Palomar!

All my best,

Albert Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Korean first
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2012

After attending a conference in Anaheim me and my friend decided to venture into Los Angeles for a few days and found the Hotel Palomar right in the middle of everything we needed. The rooms where spacious and well kitted out and if there was anything you needed including a coffee maker, toothbrush, hair brush or anything else you might have forgotten their concierge team are always able to help out.

The one fault I found was that the Internet connection was very intermittent. As someone who was sat planning meetings with prospective sponsors for an event skyping was almost impossible. I did make the front desk aware a few times but the internet is dealt with by an outside company who made a log of the issue. Not the hotels fault but it did cause an inconvenience.

All in all it was a nice hotel and the staff where very good :)

Room Tip: If you have any allergies make sure you let the hotel know in advance, they use down in the pillows...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Ben M,

Thank you so much for the great review and for highlighting the helpfulness of our incredible staff. They truly love to make our guests feel at home and it sounds like they were successful with you!

Hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,

San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

The Palomar is a great hotel that is centrally located, too centrally located with the exception of UCLA you have to drive or take a taxi everywhere, especially for some night life. The lobby is inviting yet small, the bar has a lot of potential but didn't seem to have a crowd. The rooms were great, very clean, nice amenities, room service was quick and delicious especially the omelette. Parking was expensive at $34 a night but I guess that's fairly standard in la. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank RWSD
Dear RWSD,

Thank you for staying with us and I love hearing you'll come back! As noted in your review, we are centrally located so activities in Hollywood, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and Downtown LA are a short drive away...

Hope to see you again soon!

atlanta
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I selected the Hotel Palomar in the Westwood area of Los Angeles to be near the apartment of our son and daughter-in-law. We have now stayed there three times.
We visited Kimpton Hotel Monaco in Chicago several times and loved the vibe, so we thought the Kimpton Hotel Palomar would be similar. Actually is is better. The staff is young and very just plain nice. We are a youngish 60-ish and sometimes experience patronizing staff when we travel. We have gotten to know the concierge, desk people and our especially our waitress, Shannon as very helpful and attentive. By the time we left, we were getting hugs.
The decor is fun. The fireplace and sitting areas, fruit water, coffee and wine available at various times in the lobby is welcoming and modern. The room is modern and fun- a terrific view of LA outside and funky clashing patterns and colors inside - Red lacquer bedside tables, black tweedy chaise, snake skin drawer-fronts on the console, a turquoise roll pillow on the bed, a black fur throw and of course the animal skin pattern terry bathrobes. Lots of drawer space and a good closet. The bathroom door is a red sliding "barn door". Every room is exactly alike right down to the art on the walls - its like having your own place when you are in town. The restaurant staff is friendly and attentive. We brought our own gluten free bread for toast - no problem. Parking your rental is expensive, but there is no extra charge for bringing the car up. Also, when our car couldn't be picked up until after the day after we were through with it, the desk waived our parking fee.
The hotel is walking distance from Westwood Village, the UCLA campus, 3 or 4 movie theaters, and the Hammer museum. The Palomar is about 2 miles from the beach. Walk south on Westwood and you'll find another wonderful neighborhood with Persian and Israeli shops and restaurants.
We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We think the best view is towards the back. It is very sunny and you can see the ocean if you have a...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Samawatha,

We are all about making connections with our guests and making you feel like family! I was so happy to learn that after a few days with Shannon hugs were involved; a little hug can go a long way!

Until next time,

san clemente, CA
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Had one night stay while attending concert at UCLA. Chose after seeing TA reviews and proximity to UCLA. I had not previously stayed at a Kimpton hotel. Would definitely stay here again. Booking was easy thru their website. Customer service was obviously a priority. They were very attentive at check-in. They had a nice complimentary wine bar every evening. Coffee bar in AM. Had nice extras like bikes to use, info on jogging trails, board games to play in lobby. Exercise room is very nice with many machines available. Rooms are well appointed. Asked for and got a high level room with nice city view. Will definitely stay here again. Only negative is valet parking is high at $37, but think this is par for the area,

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank westphillyboy
Chamho, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Dear Westphillyboy,

Sounds like your stay with us was seemless and smooth. I'm so happy you felt our employees were attentive and I'm very appreciative for your loyalty to Kimpton!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed here for a night in September and really did enjoy it. I was a little surprised about how the taxes and the parking charge added up, but I'm glad I stayed here. I particularly enjoyed many of the small touches that make Kimpton hotels unique. Number 1 was definitely the wine happy hour from 5-6 in the lobby., Just a nice, civilized thing that the hotel does. I enjoyed the selections of red and white wine. My room was spacious and the bathroom big. I particularly liked the expansive views my room had looking south over the city. I ordered room service in the morning and the food came quickly.l All the options on the menu were standard, but with a twist. i had the fruit and granola bowl, but it came with Acai berry juice drizzled over it. Very unique. Really enjoyed it. Valet service for my car was quick and expedient. Overall, I stayed here because it was a Kimpton and I do like the chain. While I liked it, I would reconsider staying here in the future if my business in LA wasnt right in the immediate Westwood or perhaps Beverly Hills area as transit can take awhile. Still, I liked it and would recommend it for those staying in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a view south facing - overlooking the city.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Jasoncrh,

It appears you really enjoyed our Chef's food; thank you so much for pointing that out in your wonderful review of our hotel!

I'm also happy you enjoyed wine hour and the spacious room...hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I'm a fan of Kimpton hotels anyway but this one really went over and above what I would expect. The location is great. On a not-too-busy part of Wilshire Blvd, near Westwood and not so far from downtown. What makes it stand apart from others is the way the guests are treated. When I mentioned to the desk clerk that I was leaving too early for the morning tea/coffee, he offered to send up a tea kettle (I bring my own tea bags) to my room! Never happened before. It's a little detail but was really appreciated. The fitness center is larger than I would have expected althought some of the cardio equipment wasn't working very well. The room is typically Kimpton...well appointed and thoughtful for business travel. This is now my hotel when I'm in LA.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Chamho, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear Mauibear,

It's great to see intuitive service is alive and well at the Palomar and I really appreciate that you commented on it!

Thank you for your loyalty to Kimpton and we hope to see you again soon!