“My new favorite place”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #36 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have stayed at the Palomar twice and have confirmed this is our favorite place to stay in LA, but also plan on looking at Kimptons first before booking any place.
The service is impeccable, Christian at the front desk took great care of us! Our valet remembered us from our previous stay, our room was phenomenal with a giant 5 ft jacuzzi tube and a view overlooking the city lights. We also loved Blvd 16 the restaurant! Great food and they accommodated my husbands request! All in all amazing. Other fun things- they love dogs and take any breed with no deposit, I couldn't tell if a dog had stayed in my room either. They are green. But overall the service and room quality has made us loyal Palomar guests. They go out of their way to make you feel special!

• Stayed: July 2013
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Patty,

It sounds like you pampered yourself in one of our awesome suites, good for you! Thanks for recognizing Christian and your new found loyalty to our great company!

Albert Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (1,745)

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Great location, great staff, amazing restaurant. Lovely, comfortable room. I was delighted to know that I could spend long days working and come "back" to comfort. The special kisses from the puppies in the elevator were the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Sparkertx,

Nothing says you're a great hotel like getting complimentary puppy kisses in the elevator! Really...there's lots of love for our guests and their pets in our hotels!

Hope you get to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the Palomar as a base for seeing the sights of LA. The city is a driving city - there's no getting around the fact you must drive to see what there is to see and this is where the Palomar does very well for the first-time visitor.

The hotel has close access to the #405 freeway which can get you quickly to all points in and out of the city. Being on Wilshire also lets you drive directly into Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive is just up the street) with Hollywood being just a bit further on. It was super easy to plot a route that effeciently let us see all the sights we wanted to see in a short time.

Add to that the very resonable cost and the overall cleanliness and room size and the Palomar is an excellent value for visiting LA.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 12th or higher.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Spockis54,

Sounds like you were able to really take in the LA experience...like a local!

Glad you had a great time and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We had an outstanding visit at the Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Westwood. I felt like we were staying with family. First, when making the reservation I asked how close they were to UCLA that we were leaving our son there and would probably have to walk from the hotel to UCLA and back; I was told they were close and when I asked for military, government or AAA discount I was given the best rate they could being affiliated with UCLA. We arrived and the hotel was immaculate. The desk clerk was helping another guest, he immediately acknowledged me. Thanked me for waiting and then began to help me. He said I reminded him of his mother, true or not he treated me and my husband with the utmost respect and care. Then while going to the elevator with our son's bike the manager said he had a couple of bikes in the lobby we could use if we wanted to. We were reminded about the free wine in the lobby at 5 PM and happen to be returning from UCLA around 5 PM. Outstanding wine. I can go on and on but this was a very rare experience where absolutely everything was Simply OUTSTANDING! We will look for Kimpton hotels wherever we travel. Thank you

Room Tip: I like high floors and when I saw I was near the elevator, about 6 rooms back, thought it would be n...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn M

Dear Carolyn,

I am so happy you were treated like family and best of luck with UCLA!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our son was doing a summer internship in LA and we needed a hotel in the UCLA radius where he was living. I'm so happy I picked the Palomar. I know Kimpton Hotels and have stayed in several. For me, Kimpton hits all the right buttons. It's hip and contemporary but with a super friendly, comfortable, unpretentious atmosphere. I think Kimpton has found the perfect combination of elements. Who doesn't love the free wine social hour from 5-6 pm? The guest rooms are so much more interesting than the cookie cutter rooms you find most places. They actually use color and patterns along with fun surprises like the yoga mat in the closet. The fitness room (a compact area) even has a fitness hula hoop. In the lobby there is always a lovely glass container of water infused with fruit. We enjoyed using their house bicycles in the morning...again complimentary. It's a beautiful area to ride around in as well as an easy ride to the UCLA campus. There are many restaurants in the area in walking distance in Westwood. The only negative is the high overnight parking fee but that's pretty standard for LA. I found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and well trained. This hotel rates right up there in my book.

Room Tip: I didn't have any issues with dog noise but you might want to make sure you aren't on a dog...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunseeker41

Dear Sunseeker,

You highlighted so many of our fun touch points, thank you! Glad you were able to enjoy our hotels and all that we offer...hope to see you again soon!

Best,

Reviewed 7 July 2013

The Hotel needs a "Dogs Only Floor" because you can't sleep when the dog down the hall is barking loudly for its owner. This was during the afternoon and later at night. Several people called but it seems as though there was not much to do since the owners are out of the room. Thank goodness for earplugs.

Hotel has a small area for valet services and hard to unload and load car without being run over by other vehicles.

The suites with larger tub, separate bedroom and living area was a plus. We also had a room with two queen beds. It wasn't special but we did like the funky robes. Beds were comfortable.
Water was leaking from the window area onto the carpet in the smaller room. You couldn't see it until you walked onto it.

Booked last minute online and received a great rate. It was worth the discounted rate but I would not book there otherwise. They really do treat the pets well and I'm sure it pays off for them.

Room service was great and housekeeping did a thorough job as well.

Room Tip: Families should pay to stay in the suites that have a larger bathroom with large tub, living area an...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank msdbeach
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear MSDbeach,

We love our furry companions, guilty as charged! We do make an effort to keep them on one floor however at high occupancy there are a few challenges and exceptions are made. I am really sorry if this disturbed your stay but otherwise happy you enjoyed your suite.

I really hope you come see us again!

Best,

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed here for couple of days and all I can say is excellent!!! Even though it is by a major street the room was quiet enough, really clean and beautiful. The only thing I did not love is the pool because it is not big enough but still working good for cooling down some…

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ede K
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear Ede K,

You traveled quite a long way from Hungary to stay with us in LA so thank you! Glad you enjoyed the room and happy you were able to chill out by the pool!

Hope to see you again soon...