“Wonderful stay!!”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #37 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had a fabulous stay at Hotel Palomar. Brilliant location. Wonderful welcome when we arrived. Staff very helpful/friendly. Free WiFi by joining "Kimpton". Room spacious and very clean. We really enjoyed the "Happy Hour", music, between 5 and 6pm in the hotel lobby. Loved our meal at the restaurant, not forgetting the most amazing cocktails!!! The waitress was very friendly, informative. Didn't need to use valet parking (just ask where else you can park) there is 24 hour parking around the corner and across the road from the hotel. For visitors outside the USA, with a car, make sure u read the parking signs and note the colours on the kerb, if in doubt, ask hotel reception. An easy walk to Denny's (a must when visiting the US) and a wonderful Cafe next door to Denny's for breakfast. Easy drive to the Paul Getty Museum (NB: GPS took us to a "No Entrance"), Beverley Hills, Hollywood, Santa Monica etc. Thank you Hotel Palomar for a wonderful stay. Highly recommend when staying in LA.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear aimhigh,

You experienced it all while in LA, job well done! BLVD16 just came out with a new cocktail list and menu. Time for another trip to the States! Can't wait to see you again soon.

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,734)

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed at the Palomar for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon. The hotel is in a nice location with a good selection of restaurants a short walk away. The hotel hosts a free wine hour every day which is a nice touch, tea/coffee is also provided in the morning. If you join the loyalty scheme then the wifi is free. The staff were excellent - friendly and booking bus excursions and restaurants for us. When the hotel found out that we were on our honeymoon they surprised us with a bottle of chilled champagne in our room which was a lovey gesture!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Chloe,

You have to have some bubbles for the honeymoon! We look forward to taking care of you on your anniversary as well. Thanks for staying with us during your special time!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the hotel for four days in October 2013. The hotel is very close to UCLA, and they have a shuttle that takes you to place that are only 3-miles apart. I wish the hotel had a pickup service also. Staff response was mixed, and the response depends on each individual. At checkout time, there were two staff checking people out. The person I dealt with didn't say anything, but the other staff was very kind and checked with the individual how he enjoyed his stay. Concierge staff's response was also mixed, and the staff messed up my booking for a tour.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for sky view as it was not worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear RaghuSrini,

Sorry to hear there were a few misses with the staff. Would love to make it up to you on your next trip to LA.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

The Kimpton brand is a great one and the employees at the Westwood Hotel Palomar are amazing. They are there to make your stay pleasurable. The hotel offers wine/music hour from 5-6pm every night and has coffee in the morning. The bar also offers several late night drink specials and there is free flowing fruit water. The most important point is that the concierge is amazing. He helped us find a Persian restaurant in walking distance to the hotel and constantly helped us print walking directions where ever we needed to go. There is also a house car that can take you in a 3-mile radius from the hotel. The valet dudes also rock and helped my mom and me find street parking. Loved the experience and the hotel. Definitely stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Onelp2

Dear Onelp,

Josue is the best, a true LA local! So happy to hear the staff was amazing and you got to enjoy the DJ at wine hour. Come up and see us soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed here for three nights for business and its best asset is its location. It was right next to where we were working which is ideal, but more than this, the location is not far from Bevery Hills and Hollywood and equally easy to get to the airport and Santa Monica. LA is a big place, and this hotel is very well placed.

the service and experience however did let me down. My room was not as clean as I would have liked and the minibar had not been replenished when I arrived. Despite notifying them, this remained the case throughout my stay. the hotel feels a little out of date and could do with a makeover. I also found the wifi to be expensive.

On the plus side, the room service was quite nice.

I would consider staying here again and would definitely recommend the area - but despite its central location, it is a cab ride at least to ALL attractions... In truth, I would most likely stay else where unless once again I was working three blocks away...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EddyCS

Dear Eddy,

Sorry we missed a few things in your room. Would love to have you back to show you how we really do it at the Palomar. Please reach out next time you will be in LA.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The service was excellent. The concierge Josue went all out before I arrived to ensure we had a great set up. The front desk was very welcoming and helpful throughout our stay. The interior of the hotel is modern and clean. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. The bartender and restaurant staff were also great. The hotel is central to Santa Monica, Hollywood and Beverly Hills. We walked 10 minutes to shops and stores near UCLA. Overall this is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in across the country. I will define tell stay here whenever I'm in LA.

Room Tip: Choose a city view room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony R

Dear Anthony,

Hope you enjoyed some of the great cocktails our bartenders are always mixing up, they taste even better after a great day touring LA! Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed at the Palomar on Sept. 30th and Oct. 1st 2013. It was the end of a business trip and I wanted to see LA. It was a very pleasant experience. For me on my first trip to LA it was very well located. The hotel overall is beautiful, the room was comfortable with quirky decor. I loved the heated outside pool at the back, big enough to be able to lap comfortably. The restaurant was good and very reasonably priced. The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. I would like to mention the friendliness of the Bellmen and the valet parking staff. On my first day I asked for help in finding my way driving round Hollywood and Beverly Hills and they helped me and told me to call them if I should get lost. I did not need to call them but the offer was appreciated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to LA. The only negative comment is a minor one, the bathroom although very well appointed is a little small whereas the room is very spacious.

Room Tip: Even numbers overlook LA.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank fmevans

Dear fmevans,

Always great when you can sneak in some pleasure after a business trip! Sounds like you really got to experience the Palomar and LA. Come back and see us soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!