“Simply Love This Place”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Simply Love This Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Whenever I am in the Los Angeles area, I always try to seek this hotel. The friendiness of the staff is unparallel and the small details for me make all the difference. I honestly can't say enough good things about this hotel and if I could I would single handedly rate them the top hotel in LA on trip advisor. This is my fourth time at the hotel and it stays consistently top notch. For me its really the little things that mean so much - like a docking station, convenient on-site restaurant, free internet, the complimentary local shuttle and the bath robes. Now they even offer bikes that you can now rent to explore the city. It is close to the university and just a stone's throw away from the strip on Beverly Hills. If afforded the opportunity, try the Blu Jam for breakfast. The crunchy frenchy toast is sure not to disappoint. Needless to say I can't wait to return again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
James D, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear LoveLifeMusic,

We love hearing we are your home when in LA! Make sure to check out the DJ at wine hour and Thursdays and Fridays. If you like the crunchy french toast, you'll love pancakes at brunch! We can't wait to see you again.

James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Korean first
new hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I love Kimptons, but this fee threw me for a loop. There should be a big warning on the phone. I called my daughter in the USA from the USA and spoke for 52 minutes and was charged $116.00, then the next day I left her a message, "Hi It's mom Love you bye" $12.00!!!
Yikes...where is the big flashing warning light saying charge your cell phone and don't use this!?!? We loved the rooms and the location was fine. We slept well. The beds are great. The morning strawberries were a tiny bit soggy, and the late late night bread was kind of the budget loaf, but the roasted veggies in the sandwich were awesome. The Caesar salads were great, but I would have liked a different flavor on the other salad dressing and there was no dressing on the salad that came with the sandwich. The ham and cheese panini was not what I would call a panini due to the bread-but that is just my opinion. We had great oatmeal and the orange juice is FRESH! We could walk about 10-15 minutes and have restaurants to chose from and we could take a taxi anywhere.

Room Tip: We were on the 15th floor 1510 and it was a great view of the moon!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear elizabethnordel,

Sorry the phone charges, we don't like the pricing from the phone company either. Blvd16 has a new fresh juice program you have to try! Great way to start the day!

Saratoga, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

The staff greated us cheerfully and with a "can I help you" attitude. This really set an upbeat tone for our entire three night stay. The room was very clean, with modern furniture, large, and with very comfortable with a great bed. Nice shower!

Coffee is provided in the obby in the morning, wine in the afternoon. The breakfasts at the restaurant were very good with great service.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Albertm,

You got to take full advantage of everything the Palomar has to offer! Try the pancakes for brunch at Blvd16 next time you're in town, they are amazing!

Santa Maria, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Very enjoyable, if short, one night, stay. Personnel are outstanding starting with the valet team. Front desk very welcoming, helpful, to the extent of going off to make needed copies (for our Consulate meeting early next morning) off premise before a copying shop near hotel closed.
Would highly recommend if you need a place in the area. Comfortable, non pretentious. Arrived shorty after 1pm and given room immediately. No rush to check out.

Room Tip: Had a room on 18th floor, very quiet. View of Westwood neighborhood.
Green Features: The hotel's environmentally friendly practices are very much appreciated. Wish more hotels were as conscientious. From the cleanliness of room, bedding, etc. it is obvious great effort is taken in this regard.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Anna H,

We pride ourselves on service and love putting smiles on our guest's faces. Our people make all the difference and are truly amazing. Thanks for choosing the Palomar and letting us take care of you!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Had a great three day stay at the Hotel Palomar and as usaual found the accomadations to be nicly designed and very comfortable. The hotel staff is attentive and welcoming and the extra services like complimentry coffee service in the morning and the happy hour in the lobby in the evening are nice additions that made the stay more comfortable.
The properties location is in a lovely residential area but central to both beach and downtown allowing me to easly mix business and leasure time.
I am making the Palomar my LA hotel.

Room Tip: South facing rooms are quieter since they do not face Wilshire Blvd.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VimMcG
Dear VimMcG,

That's what we love to hear! Welcome to the family! We are all about the work/leisure balance. You know what they say about all work and no play...Hope to see you soon!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights on business in October 2013 and have to say it exceeded all of my expectations. It's a boutique style place with a funky lobby area where they serve complimentary coffee in the morning and wine tasting every evening. A great way to start and end your day when you're there on business. The restaurant/bar has a good vibe and great selections of food and drink.
I stayed in a standard king room which was ample, very well appointed and had a great contemporary feel.
There is free wifi after you sign up to their loyalty program which is great for the overseas business traveller, like me!
Overall, very much punching above its weight and I would go back there for either business or vacation.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Pete L,

Nothing like that glass of wine, or two...waiting for you after a day in the office. Now that the business trip was a success, you get to comer back for a true LA vacation! Thanks for staying with us.

Pelham, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed here one night with our two dogs. Upon arrival (keep in mind we had spent the past 9 days driving across country from NY, so we were probably a little disheveled). I could feel the valet practically cringing but trying to keep it under control. Maybe from all the random bags that we needed to unload, yes for only one night, or maybe because our vehicle wasn't a sports car, or maybe because it wasn't spotless?? I don't know. And the interior wasn't dirty with accumulated garbage either, it was very clean. The doorman, who the valet was exchanging glances with, didn't seem to be a person who liked dogs either, poor guy. Not that he has to pet every dog, but the look on his face when our younger dog was trying to get his attention spoke for itself.
The front desk staff, bartender and room service was all excellent.
We sat with our dogs in the lobby for their cocktail hour and enjoyed a complimentary glass of wine and listened to some live music, that was nice and the wine was very good. The other guests in the hotel who we chatted with were also very nice.

In the morning I brought our dogs outside and luckily grabbed a cup of coffee on the way back to the room. They have complimentary coffee in the morning but it only goes until 9am. When we went back down just after 9, it had already been cleaned up... bummer.
They have a great restaurant/bar/lounge that we enjoyed happy hour in. But dogs are not allowed. They have a decent room service menu though and in my opinion, was reasonably priced too. Seemed very comparable to the prices in the restaurant.

It is nice to know dogs can stay at any Kimpton without paying pet fees. That was a huge plus which helped offset the $11 phone charged we received for making a phone call!!! I think I wasn't even on the phone for 5 minutes. That was so stupid! I called Carmel, CA... not Canada. They have free wi-fi, pets stay free, and then change $2 a minute to make a phone call. I would've used my cell but I didn't have the best reception in the room.

As for the room. It was beautiful! We didn't really have a view of much, we were facing the back of the hotel. But it was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear LaceyNY,

I love the DJs at wine hour too! Great to hear the staff made you and your furry friends feel at home.