“Definitely a great spot in LA !!”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #40 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Paris, France
“Definitely a great spot in LA !!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great stay at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood. The surroundings of the hotel are great and you can easily walk to some great restaurants around. Access is also very easy from the airport (beware of the traffic during rush hours obviously...!). I've been given a room on the 7th floor, offering nice view on the boulevard, no noise form the street because of the quality windows. Large bathroom with lots of amenities, great bedding and mattress, nothing was missing during my stay ! Take a drink at the bar on the ground level after your day work, Mojito is excellent ! My only "concern" if I can say, would have been the breakfast that was just OK. I would have preferred a buffet, offering more choice. Anyway, overall a memorable first stay in the hotel, hopefully not the last !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Great to hear! Appreciate the feedback about your stay. We'll make sure our restaurant team gets your comments as well about breakfast to ensure we're making it as special as the rest of your stay. Have a great spring and come see us again.

Hotel Palomar LA - a very Kimpton Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Location is perfect not far from everything, nice clean rooms and sanitary. Changed bed every day. They have a free daily wine-testing, pets friendly and water in the lobby. One mines - expensive valet parking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thanks very much. Very happy to hear about your experience and glad you enjoyed yourself. Also appreciate the feedback about our parking options. We do make sure we're in line with other hotels that offer secure parking with 24 hour access. There's always other options though and we're happy to review them with our guests so you have all of the information to make the choice that best fits your stay. Thanks again and please come back soon.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I can't thank enough the hotel staff for making our stay so comfortable. Everyone has been extremely helpful from my very first e-mail inquiry to help me with the birthday cake for my son (I have to acknowledge that this is not something I would be able to do on my own from overseas) to getting an upgrade for the room, complimentary bottle of wine, etc. We did tried almost all the services the hotel has to offer: free bicycles, wine and cheese reception, swimming pool, complimentary tea and coffee in the morning - everything was just great! If I ever get to re-visit LA, this hotel would be my first choice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
That's wonderful to hear! I'm so glad the team made your stay a special one. We're always very honored that anyone chooses to spend a milestone event in their lives with us. Have a wonderful spring and please come back soon.

Dubai
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Westwood is a convenient location between beach and Hollywood... So Palomar hotel is a great location and easy access from 405. Design is ok not great but OK, service matching 4star standards. Nothing really to complain on.... But the restaurant. I'm not sure the restaurant is the priority of the management... Service is OK doing their best... but kitchen is really not service oriented... Could you imagine at a 4star hotel breakfast in Los Angeles.. low fat yogurt was missing for almost 2 days, vegetables juices featured on the menu not available!!!! Come on in Los Angeles... is it so complicated to get delivery????
So made our experience finally so-so... wkereas the overall hotel itself is almost great!!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing Wilshire bd.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thanks so much for the feedback. While we're happy that you enjoyed yourself overall we're sorry we let you down during your dining experience. We'll make sure the team is aware of your feedback and do hope that you make it back soon to see us at our best.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Westwood is very good location as a base for LA visiting. It is well communicated with LAX and Beverly Hills and other major attrations. Good valet parking. Nice views. Unfortunately haven't got time to try the pool :-)

The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. The staff very helpful. They have a v nice restaurant - good choice for breakfast and / or even dinner. Would stay againt.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
So good to hear! Thanks for joining us and we do hope you get a chance to come back soon and join us at the pool! Have a great spring and please come see us again.

Hotel Palomar LA
Lambertville, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I’ve been a big fan of Kimpton’s hotels for a long time but the last few properties I’ve stayed in (including Ink48 in Manhattan and the Palomar in Los Angeles’ Westwood neighborhood) make me wonder if the line is losing its famed customer service touch. From pre-stay to post-stay, the most recent experience – at the Palomar – was disappointing, particularly on the service side.

Prior to my arrival from Australia, and not being able to find an email address on its site, I sent a Facebook message, alerting the hotel to my early arrival (11 a.m. or so) from a long, long flight, and requesting a bathroom with tub. There was no response. When I showed up, I got the usual sad-face-for-people-who-show-up-before-check-in, telling me my room wasn't ready. And yet, when I said -- I’ll take any room, happy to pay extra -- a trip to the back office for a conference yields the room I’d originally booked.

Why do hotels put customers through this charade? If the room is available, say so. It makes for a horrible first impression (well second; there was never an acknowledgement that I'd communicated with the hotel before I arrived).

The hassles continued. While I appreciated being put on a list for deliveries of a cheese plate each day, it is pretty hard to understand why Kimpton’s delivery folks regard a “do not disturb” sign on the door as an invitation to ring the room. That happened twice on the first day. Both times, it woke me up. I finally gave up on the nap.

Happened again the second day.

The hotel is pleasant enough, and I love the tradition of the hour-long cocktails at the end of the day (though couldn’t attend this time around). The restaurant had terrific food (though the ambience was pretty…despressing). Beds are comfortable. But service, and I'm talking about 4-star compatible service, really does impact my hotel loyalty.

After the long trip (which included stays at two other hotels, both Hyatts), I realized I’d lost some favorite items of clothing. Checks at the Hyatts, one in West Hollywood and the other in Seattle, alas did not yield my missing things – but I appreciated the quick follow through. My call to the Palomar? A receptionist told me she’d pass the word to housekeeping and I “should” get a response. 24 hours later, I’m still waiting.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Carolyn S
Thanks so much for feedback and my sincere apologies for letting you down. I want to assure you that we appreciate the feedback and truly take it to heart. Regarding the early arrivals, it's our practice to check a guest in to the first room type available that they've reserved. We won't hold anyone up as not only as it disrespectful of our guest's time but it's not terribly efficient to require guests to make multiple trips to the desk. We'll make sure our desk team is aware of the proper way to communicate any delays.

We'll also take your feedback to our Housekeeping team to make sure we follow our protocol on knocking on doors and entering rooms. It's a straight forward process and we'll make sure we'll follow up on it. Regarding the delay in our response for the possibly lost item my apologies as well. For the security and protection of lost items we have a very small group of managers that have access. It could be there was a delay in someone being out, but we'll make sure we follow up quickly on that. I will make sure that we follow up on that.

My thanks again. If your travels bring you back to Los Angeles we'd welcome you reaching out to me so that we can work to win back your trust in us. We'd love to get the chance to show you the hotel that we're so proud of, rather than the one you experienced.

Hotel Palomar LA
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Kimpton hotels are my favorite, and the Hotel Palomar exceeds any hotel in service and high quality rooms. All of the common areas are warm and inviting. But the friendliness of the staff is unbelievable and what keeps me coming back (10 times)! They make you feel so important by greeting you by your name when you check in and a complimentary wine reception in the evening. The manager has even stopped by our dinner table to ask how our stay was going. I recently paid for a stay for my son and his wife, and besides upgrading them for their anniversary, Roxanne was very patient with me over the phone while I straightened out my payment! And, I can't forget the location--it's in Westwood near UCLA so you feel safe, and the neighborhood is so charming with many fun and yummy dining options. Look no further--this is the place!

Room Tip: I personally like having a high room. The views are of Westwood and the hills of Bel Air. For a sp...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CindyChico_CA
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for all of your loyalty! I can't tell you how much it means to us. I'm particularly grateful for your comments about Roxanne, we agree she's a wonderful part of our success. Please come back for your 11th stay soon!