“Great Hotel in LA”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Great Hotel in LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

From the moment I entered the building and continuing through check out, the staff was incredible!
Staying at Kimpton hotels you always receive quality service. The manager and front desk staff went way above and beyond to accommodate all my needs. The Bellhops, Valets, are very professional greet you kindly starting from your entrance and all the way to your departure. If you want to be pampered, and made to feel like you are the most important guest in the building, stay at a Kimpton Hotel!!

Great location
Great Vibe, clean and chic
Great service
Great price one of the best values in LA

I will stay here again, telling all my friends about it as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor at the back of the hotel great view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Wow we really appreciate it! You touched on the most important strength of our hotel and that's the wonderful people. We truly believe that they're the reason for our success and want to thank you for recognizing their work. Have a great spring and please come see us again soon.

Hotel Palomar LA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

From the moment we entered the building, and continuing through until we checked out a week later, the staff was incredible!
I've never received better service from a business than we received from the people at this hotel. The manager went way above and beyond to accommodate our every need. The Bellhops, Valets, and the rest of the staff would greet us kindly starting at the entrance and all the way into our rooms. Their pleasant nature was the same no matter what hour we left or arrived. I would say if you wish to be pampered, and made to feel like you are the most important guest in the building, this is the hotel to stay at.
If there was a negative anywhere to be found, I would say it is the cost of parking. I'm not used to putting out almost 40 per. day to park my car with no options. It would be nice if there were other options, but valet parking at their garage is all they offer. I would have given more to the staff and to the valets (they deserved it) if I wasn't spending so much on parking.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Appreciate it! Thrilled to hear about your great experience with our team, we love them too. Also appreciate the comments about our parking. Our pricing is in line (in fact on the lower end) for those hotels that offer a similar service - covered, secure parking with access 24 hours per day. There are other lots in the area that have lower pricing, but it's always a trade off of what services are not there. We're always happy to explain the option when you arrive. Thanks again and come back soon.

Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Who we are: a family of five (3 young kids and my wife)

Our visit was so great that we decided to extend our 3 night visit to 4 nights. So many great things to say:
- firstly, the location was great. We had a vehicle and there were many great attractions within a relative short driving distance. We went on foot for our dinners and the choses were ample. The neighbourhood is safe and vibrant.
- the hotel itself is very fresh, chic, and clean. Look for a room with a view - the vista is great
- the service was top notch. From the valet to the front desk to housekeeping to the concierge, everyone was extremely warm and went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. We had a picture of our kids put into our room along with a goldfish!
- value wise, I was so impressed with what we got versus what we had spent. This was our fourth hotel on our long southern california trip (we stayed at one more hotel afterwards) and it was by far the best hotel and within line on what we paid at the other hotels.
- I don't know what it is about wifi but four of the five hotels we stayed at had errant wifi... and at two of them, we paid $13/night (crazy!). the wifi here was very fast and reliable... this was never an important feature to me until I experienced what I experienced at the four other hotels.
- we did not dine at the hotel restaurant so unfortunately can't comment on that. there were so many great dining options in the near vicinity that we couldn't justify dining there.
- the pool is a simple pool... I don't think it was heated so it was a bit chilly for our kids. the lighting at night is pretty cool. our kids got a major kick out of their three leopard printed robes.

Looking forward to our return visit! Great job to the team at Hotel Palomar!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view - you won't regret it Make sure you're a Klimpton Intouch member...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank stephendedalus
Thank you! I'm very happy to see you made the most of your stay. Our hotel is indeed a great jumping off point for all the best LA has to offer. Also very grateful for your kind words about our team, we truly value everything they do for us. Lastly I'm happy to hear that we can also hold our own for our business travelers. Thanks again and please do come back soon.

Oh, the pool is heated as well!

New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was our second stay at the Palomar, and it was just as good as the first. We arrived from Tucson, Arizona, wiped out but they took the car and put it away and brought our bags up to the room and we ordered room service for dinner - excellent - and crashed. This hotel has some very nice attributes: it is well located, right on Wilshire Boulevard near Westwood, an area I know well from business. You can get anywhere in 15 or 20 minutes, which is saying something in this town of crawling traffic. This trip we went all over the place, because we had GPS on my wife's ipad, and it was easy to do, especially from this location. The maid was very helpful in cleaning the room when we were out at one of the many local dog parks in town, so that we could leave our hound there for the afternoon. They also don't charge for dogs, something that is increasingly rare. And the concierge knew where all the dog parks were and helped us locate them. Finally, the price is right. It is less than $300 a night, counting the valet parking and all the taxes.
On our final night we walked to one of our favorite Persian places in LA, this one on Westwood, and ate well at Shamshiri Grill, but on earlier nights we drove to Santa Monica or to Century City and ate very well. LA is an unbelievable town, and we felt that staying at this hotel was a good introduction.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thanks very much for such great feedback! We love our great location and agree it's a very good jumping off point for the best that LA has to offer. Thank you as well for the kind words about our hotel and staff; we're very proud of the work they do. Please come back soon.

los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just stopped overnight in the hotel on a last minute trip booking. I wasn't sure what to expect, as I really knew very little about the hotel although we used to live in the area. The hotel was an amazing value for LA - it's a lovely boutique hotel with a super warm welcome and the rates were incredible vs. similar properties in the area. I liked it much better than the W, which we stayed at last summer and found loud and too much of a party scene for our young kids. The rooms were chic but comfortable and very clean. They gave us a complimentary upgrade to a high floor facing the back, where we overlooked Westwood and the Mormon temple. Parking is pricey at $35/night, which is standard for many LA hotels, but there is a bit of neighborhood parking (read signs carefully and watch out for the "district permits only" signs) on Manning or on busy Wilshire. The wine hour was great and they were kind enough to make my 2 children complimentary Shirley Temples. That was incredibly sweet of them. There are a lot of dogs going in and out with guest arrivals and departures, but from my understanding the pet rooms are limited to two floors and I didn't feel disturbed at all- but it's something you should expect to see. We will absolutely be back. Loved it. Thank you, Palomar!

Room Tip: If you're allergic to pets, ask not to stay on a pet floor. We asked to stay high up and on the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for the kind words. We really appreciate the feedback about our staff. We agree they're pretty special too! Please come see us again; we'll have the Shirley Temples waiting!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I stay at the Palomar in LA about one per month and have come to love the hotel, it's location and the service. The hotel is perfectly clean and the service is excellent for a business traveler. I have noticed that most of the staff has been there for a long time and they are really responsive to the guests.

I highly recommend the Palomar and am thankful to have it as my spot in LA!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thanks so much! We truly appreciate both your kind words about our team and your loyalty. The majority of our staff have been here for some time, and we're very grateful for such a wonderful group of people. Thanks again and keep coming to see us.

Hayden Lake, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is a great hotel in the middle of Westwood. Rooms are modern, clean and just the right size. My only complaint is that I left my jacket in the closet on accident and called to ask if they could send it to me (on my dime, of course). To my disappointment they said they could not find it. I am 100% certain I left it in the closet. So, I am suspicious of their loss prevention policies and possible theft from the staff if items are left in the room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Woodzette
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thanks for the feedback and my apologies for the frustration you feel. We have a very sound policy and procedure in place to reunite items our guests lost with them. While the concern that our team servicing the room could be responsible is a very understandable feeling, let me assure you that our staff here are long tenured, trustworthy and committed to working for our great company. Please contact Rochelle, our Director of Housekeeping directly at the hotel (TripAdvisor policy prevents me from putting phone numbers or emails here) and we'll see what we can do to help you find your lost item. I also welcome any feedback directly to me.