“Hotel Palomar is a spoiler!”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #39 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I am a 5 time return visitor to the Hotel Palomar and each visit gives me more reasons to return. From the moment reservations are made, to my arrival with a picture of my pup frame next to the bed, I feel welcomed, conscientiously considered and indulged. The happy hour is a real plus at the end of a long day at an academic conference. The plush robes, comfy beds, extra pillows--simple yet meaningful additions that translate into a relaxing and comfortable home away from home. I get so spoiled by the service and amenities at Hotel Palomar that subsequent hotel stays invariably disappoint and frustrate me! I look forward to seeing the staff each year and have written the hotel management to applaud their efforts and expertise. Put this hotel on your list if you're in the UCLA area and bring your pups! Water bowl and treats await them too!

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room so i have no specific suggestions in this regard
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

That's wonderful to hear and thank you so much for your loyalty! I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear that our people make the experience special for you from the framed picture of your pup to our great Wine Hour. From the bottom of our hearts thank you for being a repeat guest. It means everything to us.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

What a great hotel. Friendly and welcoming staff. Convenient to everything. Fast and efficient valet and free morning coffee in the lobby. Easy, relaxed feeling. Will definitely stay there again. Nice (small) pool area and great lobby. Dog friendly. Best thing - they put a goldfish in our room (which they took care of) and we loved having it there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you, we truly appreciate it. I'm also happy to see you took us up on our Guppy Love program. Our guests (and staff) really enjoy it. Please come back soon, we'll have a fish waiting to welcome you!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The Kimpton hotels are always exceptional. The properties are great, but its the service that really sets them apart. From the small gifts for my kids, to the free wine delivered on one stay as I had a long flight in, to remembering me from prior stays, the staff are fantastic. It's not hard to do, yet so many businesses are horrible at service. Kimpton excels here and it is clearly by design and a corporate expectation. Stay at one. You will be a raving fan like me.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you, we do expect the best from ourselves and it's very rewarding when we hear we delivered. Our people are the Secret Sauce and they always deliver for us! Have a great spring and please come back and see us this summer.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

From the moment I entered the building and continuing through check out, the staff was incredible!
Staying at Kimpton hotels you always receive quality service. The manager and front desk staff went way above and beyond to accommodate all my needs. The Bellhops, Valets, are very professional greet you kindly starting from your entrance and all the way to your departure. If you want to be pampered, and made to feel like you are the most important guest in the building, stay at a Kimpton Hotel!!

Great location
Great Vibe, clean and chic
Great service
Great price one of the best values in LA

I will stay here again, telling all my friends about it as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor at the back of the hotel great view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Wow we really appreciate it! You touched on the most important strength of our hotel and that's the wonderful people. We truly believe that they're the reason for our success and want to thank you for recognizing their work. Have a great spring and please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

From the moment we entered the building, and continuing through until we checked out a week later, the staff was incredible!
I've never received better service from a business than we received from the people at this hotel. The manager went way above and beyond to accommodate our every need. The Bellhops, Valets, and the rest of the staff would greet us kindly starting at the entrance and all the way into our rooms. Their pleasant nature was the same no matter what hour we left or arrived. I would say if you wish to be pampered, and made to feel like you are the most important guest in the building, this is the hotel to stay at.
If there was a negative anywhere to be found, I would say it is the cost of parking. I'm not used to putting out almost 40 per. day to park my car with no options. It would be nice if there were other options, but valet parking at their garage is all they offer. I would have given more to the staff and to the valets (they deserved it) if I wasn't spending so much on parking.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Appreciate it! Thrilled to hear about your great experience with our team, we love them too. Also appreciate the comments about our parking. Our pricing is in line (in fact on the lower end) for those hotels that offer a similar service - covered, secure parking with access 24 hours per day. There are other lots in the area that have lower pricing, but it's always a trade off of what services are not there. We're always happy to explain the option when you arrive. Thanks again and come back soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Who we are: a family of five (3 young kids and my wife)

Our visit was so great that we decided to extend our 3 night visit to 4 nights. So many great things to say:
- firstly, the location was great. We had a vehicle and there were many great attractions within a relative short driving distance. We went on foot for our dinners and the choses were ample. The neighbourhood is safe and vibrant.
- the hotel itself is very fresh, chic, and clean. Look for a room with a view - the vista is great
- the service was top notch. From the valet to the front desk to housekeeping to the concierge, everyone was extremely warm and went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. We had a picture of our kids put into our room along with a goldfish!
- value wise, I was so impressed with what we got versus what we had spent. This was our fourth hotel on our long southern california trip (we stayed at one more hotel afterwards) and it was by far the best hotel and within line on what we paid at the other hotels.
- I don't know what it is about wifi but four of the five hotels we stayed at had errant wifi... and at two of them, we paid $13/night (crazy!). the wifi here was very fast and reliable... this was never an important feature to me until I experienced what I experienced at the four other hotels.
- we did not dine at the hotel restaurant so unfortunately can't comment on that. there were so many great dining options in the near vicinity that we couldn't justify dining there.
- the pool is a simple pool... I don't think it was heated so it was a bit chilly for our kids. the lighting at night is pretty cool. our kids got a major kick out of their three leopard printed robes.

Looking forward to our return visit! Great job to the team at Hotel Palomar!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view - you won't regret it Make sure you're a Klimpton Intouch member...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stephendedalus

Thank you! I'm very happy to see you made the most of your stay. Our hotel is indeed a great jumping off point for all the best LA has to offer. Also very grateful for your kind words about our team, we truly value everything they do for us. Lastly I'm happy to hear that we can also hold our own for our business travelers. Thanks again and please do come back soon.

Oh, the pool is heated as well!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was our second stay at the Palomar, and it was just as good as the first. We arrived from Tucson, Arizona, wiped out but they took the car and put it away and brought our bags up to the room and we ordered room service for dinner - excellent - and crashed. This hotel has some very nice attributes: it is well located, right on Wilshire Boulevard near Westwood, an area I know well from business. You can get anywhere in 15 or 20 minutes, which is saying something in this town of crawling traffic. This trip we went all over the place, because we had GPS on my wife's ipad, and it was easy to do, especially from this location. The maid was very helpful in cleaning the room when we were out at one of the many local dog parks in town, so that we could leave our hound there for the afternoon. They also don't charge for dogs, something that is increasingly rare. And the concierge knew where all the dog parks were and helped us locate them. Finally, the price is right. It is less than $300 a night, counting the valet parking and all the taxes.
On our final night we walked to one of our favorite Persian places in LA, this one on Westwood, and ate well at Shamshiri Grill, but on earlier nights we drove to Santa Monica or to Century City and ate very well. LA is an unbelievable town, and we felt that staying at this hotel was a good introduction.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thanks very much for such great feedback! We love our great location and agree it's a very good jumping off point for the best that LA has to offer. Thank you as well for the kind words about our hotel and staff; we're very proud of the work they do. Please come back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Been to Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!