“Used to love this place....”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #41 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have stayed here at least two dozen times. I wrote a five star review several years ago. The place has changed. The valet attendants used to greet you and make you feel welcome. It is no longer "service with a smile". The whole attitude by the staff is off. Our last stay here this past December was the same. Many many issues between both visits. There are lots of options in LA and we will find a different place for our many trips to this area.

• Stayed: May 2014
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

I'm so sorry we let you down! It's particularly all the more disappointing given your loyalty to our property. Please consider joining us again so that we can show you the hotel we've been so proud of, rather than the one that you felt you experienced. I'd be happy to further discuss it with you when you're back in the area, or just give me a call.

Hotel Palomar LA

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here while my husband was going to UCLA Medical Center. The attentive staff made sure to let us know we could use the hotel's shuttle service if need be. Our suite was lovely and comfortable and squeaky clean, and the dual zoned air conditioning was a nice feature as was spacious bathroom with the deep spa tub. The location is great for walking as well.

We found the staff and service to be top notch - everyone had a "can do" attitude, and offered great service with a smile. We highly recommend this hotel - we have stayed in Century City before but The Palomar in Westwood is now our L.A. Hotel of choice.

Room Tip: The rear view suite we had was at the end of the hallway & very quiet and offered gorgeous views...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thanks so much! Great to hear your feedback and I'm very happy our team treated your family so well. It's not always easy to be a guest undergoing treatments at the local hospitals, so it's great that everyone was helpful and supportive. Have a great summer and come see us again soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Let me start by saying I rarely leave negative reviews. I like to draw people's attention to great places not go out of my way to complain.

I tried calling to place an order for a food delivery my first night.

Customer service failure occurred. As it does sometimes. Not a huge deal.

The reason I'm writing though is that the manager on my first night said "I'm really sorry for that, we'll credit your room with a $25 credit." In looking at the emailed itemized bill from last week, it appears that the credit was never processed. That pisses me off and has prompted me to post this review. Not cool, Palomar. Not cool.

More details:

I called 3 to 4 times over the course of 30-45 minutes late at night (having arrived fairly starving and exhausted from a cross country flight).

Since no one from the kitchen was answering, I called the front desk who assured me that someone from the kitchen would call me back soon.

No one did; that experience happened twice with the front desk 10-15 minutes apart.

I eventually gave up and decided I needed sleep more than warm hotel food and politely let the manager on duty know that the experience left me disappointed. She professionally apologized, explained she'd just started her shift, and said she'd credit my room $25. I thanked her and thought it was a fair enough resolution.

Having said all that, I agree with most of the positive reviews. I think I just got bad luck with that service the first night. Otherwise, my stay was pleasant, the staff was nice, and the hotel even had a few "customer delight" moments when, e.g., offering to have a photo of a loved one printed out and framed waiting for you when you check in. That's a great touch that more other hotels should adopt.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hexanik

Even one unlucky guest is too much for us! So sorry we let you down and I really appreciate your balanced review of your stay. While it's very disappointing that the IRD experience was unfortunate and our unacceptable lack of follow up in revolving the matter, I do want to thank you for the kind words about other aspects of your stay. I do hope you give us another chance and should you do so, feel free in reaching out to me for your next stay and I'll be glad to assist.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here while coming to LA for a family wedding. Everybody was super courteous and helpful. Staff could have been a bit more attentive, but overall service was good. Also considering how expensive everything is in LA, the price was decent. Seemed to be a very popular place and the location was convenient to everything we needed to do. Nice bar and restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for the feedback, we're very happy that you enjoyed yourself. Do hope that you outlined the issues with staff attentiveness to our team so we can learn from it. Have a wonderful summer and come back soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

As a family of 5 we stayed here for three nights. We had excellent service, the hotel is clean and beautifully decorated and the staff were all extremely helpful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

So happy to hear it! Thanks for joining us and a big thank you for your kind words about our staff; we love them too! Take care and please come again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We stated here as part of our honeymoon and were not disappointed! The hotel is well located and easy to explore LA from - we had a car which made things easy - but the hotel did also offer a pool car for local trips. The hotel is well decorated, a little bit more special than your standard hotel with great attention to detail.
We were very fortunate to be upgraded and had a wonderful suite looking over the city. The bathroom was huge and had its own hot tub/jacuzzi. The complimentary wine evening every night was a must, especially before heading out. We would definitely come back and are already thinking about our next visit to the states!

• Stayed: April 2014

Congratulations once again on your wedding thank you for staying with us! We're always very honored when someone entrusts us with a milestone event in their lives like a Honeymoon. Please come back for your first Anniversary!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Only can recommend highly this place. every time i go to LA i book it, it's near all my friends who live in West LA, and convenient to access anything, including the 405.
westwood village is within walking distance where you got shops, cafe, bistro and everything handy !

one big thank you again.

Room Tip: Ask for a south facing room, better view !
1  Thank MICHAEL O
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Great review! We truly appreciate the loyalty of your business. Have a great summer and come see us again soon.

Hotel Palomar LA