“Subpar for Kimpton. ”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #37 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I'm a big Kimpton fan but after one visit - not this one. Service attitude systemically ungracious. Not rude but unprofessional. Weird, consistently poor at the front desk. Lots of other reviews say the same.

Front desk was painfully unhelpful; perhaps poorly trained. Line staff was fine. Will spare you more details but after many Kimpton stays this year, this one was the bad one by far.

Lobby is ok/simple. Restaurant plain. Rooms reasonably appointed but mold/mildew in shower. $37 valet professional. Room service meal ok.

We left feeling like we weren't guests but simply a commodity. Not what we expect from Kimpton.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Straw_11415
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thanks very much for your feedback, we're sorry we let you down! We'll certainly own the results of your experience and have taken action. We've tasked our Housekeeping team to examine the showers in detail to get on top of any cleanliness issues. We're also consistently training our team to meet and exceed our guest's expectations. While we didn't make it happen for you, there's definitely some greatness on our team. A previous reviewer noted that he met one of our FD staff in the street and they were happy to provide assistance. While we're thrilled at the caliber of that level of service, we'll do our best to make sure it happens on a more consistent level. Thanks for joining us and we do hope you give us another chance at come point.

Hotel Palomar LA - a very Kimpton Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,735)

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here and what a perfect hotel & location to explore LA.

We are from the UK, the staff & level of service we recieved at this hotel was just fantastic we even met one the reception guys in the street and he still spent time with us to help us out, service way over and above that expected in my book.

Outside the hotel turn left 100 yds down to the right you have all the good quality shops bars, restaurants you need and a supermarket.

20 minutes on the bus left you are in Santa Monica with the famous ferris wheel on the peer and the other attractions. Outside turn right and after a short distance you have rodeo drive and that has to offer. Further on again and you will be in beverly hills. We took one of the guided tours around beverly hills and to the hollywood sign. To be honest the trip consisted of looking at closed gates behing which the stars lived!!!! you decide.

This was our first visit to LA & a kimpton hotel and we will use you again the level of service we recieved and the position of this hotel makes it a must if you are visiting LA. We cannot recommend highly enough.

Thanks guys you made our stay in LA a memorable one, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PDE1992

All we can say to your feedback is a sincere and grateful thank you. We'll do our best to continue to deliver at that level.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We've stayed here twice now. Even though the crowd seems young, it's actually quite diverse and the staff service is excellent all around. The dining is very nice, and there's a free wine tasting every late afternoon in the comfortable lobby. No attitude, fun place, and even a small pool! Go for it!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a city view. If you can afford it, go for a suite as some of the single...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you! We love that type of feedback. While we want to be trendy and design forward, our inclusiveness and sense of Welcome is the element of the experience we're most proud of. Have a great summer and come back soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here one night because I had business at UCLA. The hotel was great. Loved the décor and vibe, but the most remarkable thing about this stay was the staff. They were incredibly helpful and offered great service. Shortly after check-in, I was on a first name basis with the front desk person, Juan. My tv wasn’t working when I got to my room, so I called down to front desk and they sent someone up within 3 minutes to try and fix it. That person couldn’t fix the tv, so he went to get the hotel engineer. In the mean time, I had been in contact with Juan from the front desk who was working on moving me to another room. But, in the process the engineer arrived and fixed it in no time. So, I called back down to Juan, to tell him the issue was resolved and I didn’t have to move. He gave me a $30 credit for the inconvenience. Hello snacks and mini bar! The next morning, I had to go to the Medical Center. One of the bellmen drove me in their “shuttle” (a very nice suburban with free bottles of water) to the Medical Center and dropped me in front of the door. For free. It was like having my own personal driver. I also greatly appreciated the in-room yoga mat (look on the top shelf of the closet) and free yoga programing on the TV. Hit the spot after a long day of traveling. Very comfortable, great little free extras, and excellent staff. There was noise at times from Wilshire Blvd. and could sometimes hear people in the hall or in room next door, but this didn’t bother me. Although, I could see where more noise sensitive people might not like this. Would look forward to staying here again. Thank you Palomar staff, you provide excellent customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you! We absolutely love our staff too. Juan from our Front Desk and our bell team are part of a very special group of people. We call them our Special Sauce. Thanks again and please come back soon.

Hotel Palomar LA

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed in a suite with a view. The room was great, the room service was great, and the two bellmen who helped me with my luggage were great.

Two minor quibbles: the bottled water should be complimentary and I couldn't find Diet Coke on the room service menu.

I will stay there again the next time I'm visiting UCLA.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thats great to hear and thanks so much! Appreciate the kind words about our team and the wonderful job they do for us. We do have complimentary aqua fresco in our lobby that's put out daily. It's our goal to keep the experience as social as possible, so we keep our complimentary services in public areas. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Hotel Palomar LA

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. What makes it so great is their staff, specifically Josue the concierge. I've never experienced such amazing customer service in my life. He made our stay incredibly special and went above and beyond to fill a few requests. Everyone that we encountered on the staff was incredibly nice, from the front desk, to the valet, down to our housekeeper.

The hotel itself if quiet, clean and in a great location within walking distance of Westwood and UCLA. The set up of the pool area is a little awkward but nonetheless a nice addition.

While we didn't travel with our dog this trip, I loved the special welcome sign for all the pups out front.

All in all, we'd definitely stay here again on our next trip to LA. Thanks for the great stay.

Room Tip: We were in room 1603; nice quiet room toward the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Wonderful to hear! We never tire of hearing such great feedback about our team and have to agree that Josue is a gem. We're extremely grateful to have such a wonderful group of people that work here. They make all the difference for us. Have a wonderful summer and please come back and see us and Josue soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I love Kimptons, but this was a disappointment. First of all, I was given a key to a room already inhabited. An unwelcome surprise for both me and the residents. When I checked in, I had made sure they had my daughter's name, as she was arriving on an international flight after me. When she did attempt to check in, she was told I was not registered. I had corresponded and made sure my room was not on the Wilshire Blvd side of the building. Yes, the room assigned was on the Wilshire side. Admittedly, the manager did find me a room on the quiet side, but it took a few hours for something that I thought I had already arranged. Lastly, the pool area is cramped, dark and surrounded by high concrete walls. I cannot recommend this hotel, but I did love the location.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mamatross

Apologies we let you down. While I'm happy our leadership team ultimately made it right for you we're disappointed about the problem you had at the beginning of your stay. We appreciate the feedback and we'll make sure to share it with our team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!