Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
Texas, USA
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a very nice property with excellent service and a very friendly and helpful staff. Spent two nights here earlier this month and will definitely stay there again when back in LA. Very well located and nicely updated. We had two of their Spa Suites and they were very nice, clean and spacious. Keep up the good work. This property will not disappoint you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear BradleyHT,

Thanks and from the look of your photo Congratulations! It was a pleasure to host everyone from this past week's graduation. We could tell the grads and their families were extremely proud. Have a wonderful summer and come see us again soon; perhaps for Homecoming!

Hotel Palomar LA - a very Kimpton Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of May, to the beginning of June.
The rooms are spacious and clean, ours had a great view over towards the hills (15th floor). There were robes to use, a yoga mat, an iron & ironing board, decent air con, very comfy bed.

The staff were very friendly, polite and helpful.

The location was great for us, we had a car and found it easy to get around from the hotel. Navigating from the airport was easy, you get onto the highway and then exit onto Wiltshire Blvd. Santa Monica beach wasn't far away. You drive through Beverly Hills to get to Hollywood so you can see the Beverley Hills sign along the way.

The hotel is in easy walking distance to Westwood so for 2 mornings we walked to Denny's and a local cafe for breakfast. We also tried Blvd 16 (restaurant) next to the hotel for breakfast which was really lovely.

The pool is great, very warm and refreshing to swim in, quite private too.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: ask for a room high up to get a good view!
Green Features: They offer complimentary use of bicycles to get around!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Yorkit,

So happy to hear it! I'm thrilled you enjoyed yourself in our home and completely agree that besides our wonderful team our great location is one of our strongest attributes. Westwood is a perfect jump off point for all of the best LA has to offer. Have a great summer and come see us again.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My first stay at the Hotel Palomar in Los Angeles far exceeded my expectations. Traveling with a four legged furry companion frequently adds a layer of varied stress to any trip, however, this hotel welcomes dogs and pets like no other. I always advise a hotel when I am traveling with a dog to avoid any unpleasant surprises upon arrival. However, advising this hotel led to a dog bed and bowls waiting in the room for my pup and a dog bone in the valet's hand when we arrived. We arrived during the infamous wine hour in the lobby and were offered a nice white or red wine or an absolute mandarin vodka concoction... the mandarin drink... amazing! The professional reception staff and bell service quickly checked us in and off to a relaxing evening. This hotel works hard to welcome all guests, but in many years of traveling with pets.. this hotel treats pets like treasured guests!

Room Tip: Choose this hotel for travel with pets!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Mopsos,

Thanks and we love people too! So happy to hear that you and your pet enjoyed yourselves. Also glad to see you made it to our (in)famous Wine Hour for our seasonal mandarin cooler. Come back soon and make sure you visit our sister properties near you - there's three other Kimpton hotels in the San Diego area, so please check them out too!

San Rafael, CA
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wow - they tried to sell me a way more expensive room than listed on the web site. I made a reservation many months ago and needed an extra night and was hoping they could give me the room for the same rate for extra night. I had checked the web site previously and rates were way higher than my reservation. so, I thought I would call and get better help. What a disappointment - I was asked twice if I wanted to cancel. I was told the only rooms avail were king beds and I needed two doubles and rate was $400 or so a night. So, after the call, I checked the web site reservation service again - there was the room I wanted (2 beds) at a much lower rate than quoted over the phone. so much for the Kimpton touch! and Parking is no up to $37 a day plus tax!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear babygame,

I'm so sorry to hear about the frustration! I'm all the more bothered given that you've been a loyal previous guest of our hotel. Feel free to forward the details to me - robert.hannigan@hotelpalomar.com and we'll be glad to see what we can do to assist.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have spent a lot of time this year working in the Century City area and one of the places I have stayed at while there is the Hotel Palomar on Wilshire Blvd. This last week is my third week long stay in the last 3 months. The Palomar is a boutique hotel about 10 minutes by car from the Century City area. The rooms are clean, if a little small, and the staff is very friendly and caring, if sometimes a little less polished than other area hotels.

I have come to enjoy the relaxed atmosphere and nice little perks while there - coffee and teas in the morning and wine reception in the evenings. There is a small pool, a gym and an office area. If you join their loyalty club, there is free internet and a $10 credit per stay for the mini-bar or restaurant bar and your choice of newspaper delivered to your door. There is a small restaurant and there food ranges from good to exceptional. The salads and steaks are very good but was not impressed by the hamburgers. This place is both family and pet friendly. It does not have any type of shop for supplies on site; however, there are a number of places on Westwood, several blocks past the hotel, where there are grocery stores, etc., to pick up any required items.

Here is an example of what sets them apart: After a week, I was tired of the room service menu and asked if I could order from the restaurant menu and have it brought up. Not a problem.

What may annoy some travelers is the "safari" themed rooms with the nude lamp on the table and sketch in the bathroom. I'm not a prude but...really. Bring a TV Guide along or grab a USA Today as there is no guide on what is showing on TV.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back side of the hotel to avoid road hoise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear TXMamaLiz,

Thanks for the comments, we do appreciate it! I want to thank you for the kind words about our team, we love them too. There's a lot of new talent on our staff and we love the energy they bring to our environment. I also want to thank you for the comments about our design. We certainly do get some comments about the figure sculpture lamp shades. We'll certainly take those into account as we look at renovations for the upcoming year. I hope you keep staying with us as your travels take you to Century City and should you come back soon please reach out so I can welcome you back to the Palomar.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Traveling as much as I now do it is amazing how important "Friendliness" is. When my travel is to our LA offices (about once a month) I'm up at 4a, on a plane at 7a for a 5 hour flight. Then straight to the office for 5-6 hours. When I get to the hotel I want smiling faces, a comfortable room and a great meal. The Palomar - and for that matter Every Kimpton in which I've stayed - delivers all three EVERY SINGLE TIME. Thank You!

Room Tip: They're all unique in their own way. You can stay in a lower/front room and experience the lege...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Tom E,

So good to hear that kind of feedback from a frequent traveler as yourself! It's extremely rewarding to hear those types of comments about our team. They're our secret sauce and we're incredibly grateful to work with such a wonderful group of professionals. Have a great summer and come see us again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

From the moment you hand your keys to the valet, you know you are staying at an exceptional place.

The hotel property itself has a high-end, but comfortable relaxed feel. The rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable. The extras that the hotel offers (daily wine reception, credit for the mini-bar, and pool) make you want to spend time there.

What really makes this hotel stand out to me above all else is the people. Each and every employee exhibits an amazing level of service, professionalism, friendliness, and sense of genuine pride in their role; demonstrating they care about ensuring your stay is the best possible.

To add some context, I did not visit this hotel once or twice. Since the beginning of this year, I have had the opportunity to stay at the hotel, while on business, for very larger number days (50) and I have never been disappointed. You will not be disappointed during your stay.

Room Tip: Sign up for their loyalty program...InTouch,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kevin L,

Amazing feedback, thank you from the bottom of our hearts! It's all the more rewarding to read given the frequency of your visits to our hotel. Please keep coming back, your loyalty means everything to us!