“great location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“great location”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The weather was so nice spent little time in the room. We were on a lower floor so no views. Needed to go downstairs for coffee as no coffee makers in room. Happy hour was quite good with decent wine but no real food. Beds were quite comfortable but rooms a bit on the small side. The best thing about this hotel is it's location. Very easy to get to and very easy to get around.

Room Tip: would ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GM_HotelPalomar, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Drfuzzgr,

Thanks for the review. I will be sure to let our engineers know you loved the temperature; they work hard on getting it just right. Well we do have the coffee service in the lobby our housekeeping staff does have coffee makers available for in room use. We also think the hotel location is great for visiting with Beverly Hills and Santa Monica just down the street. Hope to see you again.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Quaint hotel with great guest service. I do not recall that last time the maid left a note in the room for me. Friendly staff, nice bar and fun complimentary wine when I checked in. Comfortable rooms. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
RickLee0288,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel. We agree our employees are great and when you through in free wine, how can you go wrong. We look forward to seeing you again when your travel brings you to Los Angeles. Have a great summer.

Fife
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We tend to stay in Hollywood area but since our business was in Westwood we opted to stay here after all the reviews on Trip Adviser. We loved this hotel from the minute we arrived so much so we extended our stay by a night and they kindly gave us the same rate we had. I cannot fault this hotel as the service is about the best I have had anywhere and staff are so friendly, especially Jason on Front Desk. The restaurant food Blvd 16 was amazing and worth even stopping by for if not even staying at the hotel. It was a 15 min walk to the main restaurants in Westwood Village and very safe so we didn't need to always take a car out at night. We tend to come to LA sometimes 2-3 times a year and will use this now as our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: We were on 16th floor and never heard any noise at night
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GM_HotelPalomar, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
DivitGirl,

Thank you for the review, I think you made us blush. We couldn't agree more with you about our amazing staff and BLVD 16 restaurant. We look forward to being your new home in the Los Angeles area.

Texas, USA
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a very nice property with excellent service and a very friendly and helpful staff. Spent two nights here earlier this month and will definitely stay there again when back in LA. Very well located and nicely updated. We had two of their Spa Suites and they were very nice, clean and spacious. Keep up the good work. This property will not disappoint you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear BradleyHT,

Thanks and from the look of your photo Congratulations! It was a pleasure to host everyone from this past week's graduation. We could tell the grads and their families were extremely proud. Have a wonderful summer and come see us again soon; perhaps for Homecoming!

Hotel Palomar LA - a very Kimpton Hotel
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of May, to the beginning of June.
The rooms are spacious and clean, ours had a great view over towards the hills (15th floor). There were robes to use, a yoga mat, an iron & ironing board, decent air con, very comfy bed.

The staff were very friendly, polite and helpful.

The location was great for us, we had a car and found it easy to get around from the hotel. Navigating from the airport was easy, you get onto the highway and then exit onto Wiltshire Blvd. Santa Monica beach wasn't far away. You drive through Beverly Hills to get to Hollywood so you can see the Beverley Hills sign along the way.

The hotel is in easy walking distance to Westwood so for 2 mornings we walked to Denny's and a local cafe for breakfast. We also tried Blvd 16 (restaurant) next to the hotel for breakfast which was really lovely.

The pool is great, very warm and refreshing to swim in, quite private too.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: ask for a room high up to get a good view!
Green Features: They offer complimentary use of bicycles to get around!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Yorkit,

So happy to hear it! I'm thrilled you enjoyed yourself in our home and completely agree that besides our wonderful team our great location is one of our strongest attributes. Westwood is a perfect jump off point for all of the best LA has to offer. Have a great summer and come see us again.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My first stay at the Hotel Palomar in Los Angeles far exceeded my expectations. Traveling with a four legged furry companion frequently adds a layer of varied stress to any trip, however, this hotel welcomes dogs and pets like no other. I always advise a hotel when I am traveling with a dog to avoid any unpleasant surprises upon arrival. However, advising this hotel led to a dog bed and bowls waiting in the room for my pup and a dog bone in the valet's hand when we arrived. We arrived during the infamous wine hour in the lobby and were offered a nice white or red wine or an absolute mandarin vodka concoction... the mandarin drink... amazing! The professional reception staff and bell service quickly checked us in and off to a relaxing evening. This hotel works hard to welcome all guests, but in many years of traveling with pets.. this hotel treats pets like treasured guests!

Room Tip: Choose this hotel for travel with pets!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Mopsos,

Thanks and we love people too! So happy to hear that you and your pet enjoyed yourselves. Also glad to see you made it to our (in)famous Wine Hour for our seasonal mandarin cooler. Come back soon and make sure you visit our sister properties near you - there's three other Kimpton hotels in the San Diego area, so please check them out too!

San Rafael, CA
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wow - they tried to sell me a way more expensive room than listed on the web site. I made a reservation many months ago and needed an extra night and was hoping they could give me the room for the same rate for extra night. I had checked the web site previously and rates were way higher than my reservation. so, I thought I would call and get better help. What a disappointment - I was asked twice if I wanted to cancel. I was told the only rooms avail were king beds and I needed two doubles and rate was $400 or so a night. So, after the call, I checked the web site reservation service again - there was the room I wanted (2 beds) at a much lower rate than quoted over the phone. so much for the Kimpton touch! and Parking is no up to $37 a day plus tax!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear babygame,

I'm so sorry to hear about the frustration! I'm all the more bothered given that you've been a loyal previous guest of our hotel. Feel free to forward the details to me - robert.hannigan@hotelpalomar.com and we'll be glad to see what we can do to assist.