“Hotel Palomar-Westwood is as good as it gets!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #44 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Tucson, AZ
“Hotel Palomar-Westwood is as good as it gets!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2009

I have always been a big fan of Kimpton Hotels but the Hotel Palomar-Westwood exceeded even my already high expectations. The physical structure is stunning, the rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable, the restaurant is amazing, but it is the staff here that really puts this property over the top. I travel for a living and I consider where I stay as my home away from home. Well if it were possible I would like for the Hotel Palomar-Westwood to become my permanent home.

• Liked — It was very comfortable and suited my taste perfectly.
  • Disliked — The touch lights did not always work properly.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank wsbull57

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Korean first
Willis, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2009

The Palomar is a nice hotel. The rooms are spacious and the bathroom is well laid out. The complimentary afternoon wine and morning coffee are a nice touch. I ate dinner at the bar and the food was delicious and nicely presented. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — No coffee in room.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank friofrio
columbia, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2009

Every aspect of this hotel is gorgeous - the unique wallcoverings, the sculptures, the furniture, the selection of colors and on and on.
We felt we were surrounded by great beauty and kept finding more.

It's located in a really upscale area of Los Angeles and the guests seemed to match.

The help is extremely friendly and expresses great willingness to help. However, ... I phoned for a replacement for the four feather pillows because I am violently allergic to feathers. They brought up four new pillows, two of which were also feathers. Had I not noticed, I would have become so ill my vacation would have been ruined. We asked for more foam pillows but never got them.

We discovered a naproxin sodium capsule on the floor of each of the two rooms we rented. Our 9-month old granddaughter was crawling on the floor. That could have been disastrous. We found a whole Oreo cookie under one of the end tables.

The couch (probably called a day bed) is pretty useless in that one really can't sit on it.

The hotel was a great location for the top tourist attractions and fine dining in L.A.

We didn't eat in the beautiful restaurant because I don't like American or Euro food.

The valet brings your car to you in record time.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank borance
surrey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2009

We stayed at this hotel for one night , we thought we will try it first and if we felt comfortable we can extend our stay for three more nights. It's not the first time to stay at kimpton hotels , the one in portland is awesome .
When we arrived , three guys welcomed us , they jump all around u and ofcourse they are expecting tips ,one opened the door one opened the other door and someone else to took care of luggage , YES it's nice but a little bit too much . as we r payin 30 $ already for parking . I think one guy for parking is more than enough.

the room is nice on the 15th floor, tons of dust(I a not usually a complainer) but the dust so obvious to ignore. Now at night ,first I heard a knock on my door , i openned to find out that it's not my door but our neighbours, requesting some service ,
that happened 3 times , the last one was around 11 00 pm.
Thank God we were so tired that we ignored the noise (I am not sure if there is a bar or soemthing there )
We loved the colors of the room , very elegant
Now coffee , why is it so hard on u guys to put a coffee maker in the rooms , YES sometimes we feel like drinking coffee in the afternoon without the need to make a request (there are people who like their life simpler )
bathtub doesnt drain water , so water was sitting till the next morning , I told the conceirge , her answer was "ok !" not even a sorry and that made me decide to leave right away
and when we left , same scenario , three helping us to to carry , One handbag and a computer bag
It's a nice hotel so it's really sad to see it like that

• Liked — the decor
  • Disliked — bathtub
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank lebyvr
Palomar-LA-Westwood, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 17 January 2009
Dear Lebyvr,

It is always a welcome pleasure to hear from our guests what we are doing well and what needs additional improvement, thank you. It is our goal for all our guests to have a positive experience and to exceed their expectations. I must apologize if our staff at the front drive seemed overwhelming as this is not our intention but only to provide the service you have come to know and expect at all Kimpton Hotels. With regard to coffee makers in the rooms although we do not have coffee makers in the rooms we are able to send one up to any of our guests upon request. We certainly understand how important your personal preferences are while you travel and would like to invite you to join “Kimpton in Touch” where we can add to your profile your preferences and have a coffee maker waiting for you in your room at any of our Kimpton Hotels. I have shared your comments with our engineering team to ensure corrective measures have been taken to remedy the bath tub draining issue in your room.

Again, thank you for taking the time and sharing your experiences with us. If we may be of further assistance at any time please feel free to contact us at anytime and ask for the manager on duty.

Kindest regards,

Management
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2009

I recently stayed at the Palomar and it was a really great experience. From the the moment I arrived everyone was so helpful and friendly. And the inside is really smart and cool. . No really, inside its modern, sophisticated, and DEFINITELY feel as if I am in Los Angeles. It has that cool, yet upscale look. I would say its "trendy" but not annoying or too cool for school like some other LA Boutique hotels. It has a COMPLIMENTARY, yes complimentary wine hour everyday from 5-6!!! I'm not a lush but who doesn't love free drinks. Im seriosly excited about this place and I joined their points program because I wanna stay here again and see their other hotels. They have a really cool one opening in Miami. Im actually at work right now writing this review because I want to come back! They have free wi-fi, which for business I really need. Its right in one of the nicest neigborhoods in LA, right next to beverly hills, bel-air. westwood and really close to santa monica. The bed was extremely comfortable, I was basically sleeping on a cloud in heaven. Their restaurant is really delcious also. But mostly what makes the huge difference is the service. Everyone is so eager to help and make you feel really comfortable and at home. Like I said, this is fit for and Emperor, or Empress, a really hip and cool Emperor or Empress

• Liked — The friendly Staff, Free Wine
  • Disliked — wine hour is only One hour
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank kooltraveler84
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2009

Stayed for 3 nights and loved every minute! Stunning lobby. Nice room with great view. Loved the big plasma tv and modern finishes. Free wine between 5 and 6 every night. Full service continental breakfast in lounge-like restaurant. One negative, $30 per day parking was a bit much we thought. There is parking on side streets (Selby) , just read signs. Very close to Beverly Hills in beautiful Westwood.

• Liked — decor
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BeHappy09
Richmond, Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2008

Our early August stay at the Hotel Palomar -Westwood was
wonderful! It is such a thoughtfully conceived hotel. The guest rooms, gym, pool, and above all, service, exceeded our expectations. After this introduction, we are staying at The Palomar
as often as possible in our travels!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple