Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Century Wilshire(Los Angeles)
  • Breakfast included
Plaza La Reina(Los Angeles)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Stars Inn(Los Angeles)
1,766 results
All reviewswestwood villagewine hourwilshire blvdbeverly hillsucla campussanta monicavalet parkingmini barvalet staffshort driverodeo drivefitness centerfree internetla arealobbypetschaise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I recently stayed here with my fiancé over the Thanksgiving holiday; we were able to get a great rate using Priceline.com. This hotel is in a great location, very trendy and very clean. You are within walking distance from Westwood Village and UCLA; there is even a small movie theater down the street. The service at this hotel is exceptional. We arrived and we promptly greeted by Valet, we didn't even have time to take our bags out of the car before they did it for us. At check-in they made us aware of all the specials they have for guests at the hotel. During 5pm - 6pm they offer free wine hour to all guests in the hotel restaurant. They also offer free coffee and tea to guests from 6a-9am. If you sign up with the Kimpton group you receive free WIFI in your room. Customer Service was wonderful, if you had any questions or concerns the hotel staff was right there to assist you. The rooms were very clean, the bathroom is nice and roomy but the door doesn't lock, it is just a sliding door. Just be aware parking $30.00 per night but unlimited ins and outs.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2009

I stayed at Hotel Palomar in November 2009. Like other Kimpton hotels, the decor was "funky," bordering on tacky. The staff were dressed in equally-notable uniforms. However, everyone was nice enough and generally professional.

The rooms were relatively spacious and clean. I did not have any problems with insects as others mentioned. The bathroom was also very clean. I used the hotel gym as well, and it was a standard hotel gym with a few treadmills and elliptical machines.

I did not try any food at the hotel restaurant so I cannot comment on that.

Overall, I had a good stay and would recommend this to others. It's not exactly a bargain, so I would compare prices before booking.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank dhfr
Reviewed 6 December 2009

The many other reviews on this site highly recommend this hotel. However, I am a physician and I know what the skin rash of a bed bug bite looks like. Don't accept a room on the 11th floor. That's where I stayed and received these bed bug bites.

• Stayed: November 2009
14  Thank RichardChicago_IL
Chamho, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2009

Dear Richard,

I would like to extend my most sincere apologies and assure you your recent experience was extraordinary and not typical. Additionally, I was happy to learn through our initial conversation that your wife was not affected.

While this was the first suggestion of bed bugs brought to my attention by a guest in the short time our hotel has been open, we take your comments seriously and have thoroughly investigated so we may act accordingly and quickly.

Upon review from two independent licensed experts, it was determined that the room you occupied as well as and rooms above, below and adjacent to your room did not have bed bugs. Both experts have determined the rooms to be pest free and have given the hotel a clean bill of health. I regret that we were not informed until after your departure about the problem, I believe a conversation with the licensed experts would have been reassuring for you and your wife.

Please note I will happily forward documentation and would very much be happy to speak with you further about the matter. You or any other reader of this thread are more than welcome to contact me at my direct extension 424-901-7261.

Albert Smith

Reviewed 3 December 2009

Stayed here during the Thanksgiving weekend. The room was great and the people there were very friendly and helpful. was able to provide hot water kettle for the room. Also a plus, parking is free if you drive a hybrid car - otherwise it's $30 per day.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2009

We spent a fabulous week at the Palomar in Westwood with our 20-something daughter, who was equally pleased with her accommodations in the room next to ours. The rooms are beautiful and well appointed, albeit in the typical eccentric Kimpton safari decor. The housekeeping staff is the BEST. From check-in to check-out we were treated like royalty by the valet staff, the front desk, the concierge, and everyone else. We were there for a family vacation and our only suggestion would be that the hotel, which primarily caters to business travelers, reconfigure some of the rooms so as to make them connecting.

The location of this hotel is as good as it gets in LA: 12 minutes to the ocean (Santa Monica), 10 minutes to Beverly Hills, 2 minutes to the 405 Freeway (which you need to access the Getty Center, Catalina Ferry from Marina Del Rey, and of course LAX). Also, at the Palomar you're within walking distance of UCLA and all the great night life in Westwood. What's not nto like about that?

For the money, you can't find a finer or nicer place to stay in LA.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple