“Best hotel I have ever stayed in.”

Luxe City Center Hotel
Ranked #63 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Great location! Very friendly... Beautiful room...

• Stayed: December 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed 16 December 2011

I was attending the Jay Z concert and stayed at this location & boy was it good decision I made. This location was right across the streeet from the venue with great staff & comfort! The only thing I didnt care for was that I was charged as a guest for parking of $30, now thats alot. Any how this place was great & very close to the venue! I felt at home with a comfortable robe, slipper, bed, coffee, great big screen & a wonderful staff to assist with any and everything! I will be back for sure & spreading the world of this gold mines for a great price also I must add!

Room Tip: Wish I would have picked the Fig side for a better view!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2011

From the moment you arrive the staff is very attentive and friendly. The rooms are very nicely done; if you get a west facing room the view is outstanding. The hotel is across the street from LA Live, Staples Center, and one block from "The Original Pantry" restaurant. They are remodeling, but the hotel is still very clean. Will definitely stay here again and I am looking forward to trying their restaurant once it opens. Until then the Keurig machine in the room makes a nice cup in the morning.

Room Tip: "Request a room facing west, great view of LA Live and Staples Center."
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Very nicely appointed room. You can't beat this location for taking in an event at the Nokia or the Staples Center.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2011

My husband and I flew to LA from Chicago for a business meeting. We arrived completely exhausted, and was greeted as we pulled up in our rental car. The young man was so friendly, and made it clear that he was here to help. The people at the front desk were equally as friendly and helpful with any, and all, questions.
Our room was clean and up to date in style. We had a mini bar which was much too expensive, but fully stocked with a wide variety of drinks and munchies. In a pinch, it would have been convenient since the the Luxe did not have a restaurant available at the time. They did have an awesome coffee maker, where you could make yourself a single cup of coffee or tea. We were also provided with 2 bottles of water daily, and mints in the evening.
The very best part was how comfy the bed was (we slept great!), complete with plenty of pillows, and a shower that was made for tall people--which we are. Our bathroom was stocked with a spare tooth brush, shaver, body wash, sewing kit, slippers and thick robes.
The Luxe was located within an easy walking distance of The Staples Center and many restaurants. While we were there they had live music and we even heard a few of last season's American Idols perform.
The only complaint would be that the walls were too thin, easily allowing in the noise from the rooms next to you.
The rates were reasonable, and I believe that you would be very happy with a room at The Luxe.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Justmythoughts1965
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I recently stayed here on a business trip in September. I was attending the Primetime Emmy Awards event at L.A. Live and the location of this hotel was superb! I found the front desk staff to be very helpful, particularly Jessica, as well as the outside porters who called me a cab for the airport. The room was well-appointed and everything was clean and nice. The only thing that was lacking in the hotel was a restaurant. It was under construction at the time of my visit and I had to go across the street to have breakfast. The hotel lobby did have coffee, tea-making supplies, some fresh fruit and granola bars on hand but not having a restaurant open was a missing feature. I think once this hotel has a nice restaurant and bar it will be an overall great place to stay if one is attending anything at L.A. Live or the downtown convention center. As it is now, the Luxe City Center Hotel is a great value and I was pleased with my choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LBTravelDesign
Reviewed 25 November 2011

It's a fine place to sleep for the night, but no place to spend a week. Clean room. NO ROOM SERVICE...REALLY??? They did give us bottled water on check-in. Parking is a little pricey at $30/day. Toiletries are okay. Pretty loud...thin walls...and they came knocking on our door several times for mini-bar service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends