“Fantastic stay”

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Ranked #8 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Omni Los Angeles. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. We ate at NOE as well as ordered room service, we found the food to be quite good!

While you might have to take a tour bus to see the more touristy areas, there are some great things to see and do. If you're into street art, check out the Art in the Streets at the Geffen Contemporary MOCA, and when you are done you can visit the other MOCA right next to the Omni using the same ticket. While in the Little Tokyo area, line up outside of Sushi Gen and get some amazing sashimi! Fugetsu-do has delicious mochi. Architecture geeks, this hotel is walking distance to Frank Gehry's Walt Disney Concert Hall! The Los Angeles Central Library is also a nice place to visit, their gift shop has some great literary geek gifts. Angels Knoll is a nice place to relax and Angels Flight railway is a cute experience.

If you are nervous travelers make a point to explore during the day as it does get quiet in the area of a night time. All in all we found the Omni a great place to experience another side of LA in addition to the touristy places we saw on tour.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

It is fabulous to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay here at the hotel as well as in downtown Los Angeles. Sounds like you were really able to discover the hidden gems around the area. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza

Reviewed 2 May 2011

i was able to reserve the club floor for only $11 more per night than group rate. club room hours were somewhat limited, but amenities quite nice. would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank babette50
Reviewed 1 May 2011

My fiancee and I stayed here for 3 nights in late November 2010. We found the hotel to be very luxurious for the price and the staff were very friendly. We stayed in 3 other Omni brand hotels and we found the Omni Los Angeles the best. It's a shame that the location is not good as there is a lack of good dinning places during the week nights and the area does not feel safe during the night (and day). It is also difficult to get to other tourist areas, would be good if they offered more alternatives in regards to transport.

Room Tip: Great hotel but hire a car.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dasscotts
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Thank you for your loyalty to the Omni Hotels! We are committed to providing the best service to our guests. Our concierge is more than willing and able to assist you with any future dining requests or transportation needs. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised by the Omni. The rates were pretty good, the room was impeccably decorated and furnished and was a decent size, the linens, bed and shower were all top-notch, and the front desk service was excellent. I quickly agreed to join their frequent guest program for get the free internet service and breakfast beverages. The room service dinner was a fair price, quickly delivered, and very tasty. The internet service was fast and good.

I have just one quibble, and although it isn't enough to knock this otherwise perfect property down to a four star review, it was annoying. You get the free breakfast drinks (tea or coffee, and a choice of a juice, I thought) by hanging the card on your door, and I did so at about 10pm. You can also add a bagel, english muffin, etc. - the theoretical price is another $3 or $4, so I added an english muffin for $3. Well, when I checked out in the morning (10 hours after I put the card on my door), there was a generic charge for in-room dining which I thought included dinner and breakfast, but a few days later, the hotel added a charge for almost $8 to the bill, and when my assistant called to ask about it, they hold her that the charge was for the breakfast. I would probably stay there again, but it left a very bad impression.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We do want to apologize for any confusion regarding the breakfast charge. We would be happy to further discuss with you to clarify any concerns. A personal message has been sent to you with our contact information. Thank you!

Reviewed 22 April 2011

The rooms are clean, the beds are very comfortable. If you join the free rewards program, the kids get free cookies and milk at night, free beverage service in the morning. Felt very pampered.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2011

My wife, two sons and i stayed at the Omni for two nights at the end of our kids' CA spring break trip. Of the four hotels (mostly Marriotts) we stayed at during our week long trip throughout Northern & Central CA, this hotel was clearly the best!

The hotel was clean & modern (most of the rooms appear to have been renovated during past year) & all hotel staff treated my family professionally! I would especially recommend reserving a Club Room (these are rooms on the top two floors of the hotel).

Renata, THANK YOU for your help in getting us into one of these club rooms --- it made our trip extra special!! John

Room Tip: Ask reservations for any special deals.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Once we pulled into the driveway we were instantly greeted by the valet service and bell servce who helped us with our luggage. Very NICE staff!. I signed up for the select guest program which is FREE and they had my keys ready for me. They also had goody bags for the kids which they enjoyed filled with toys and activities. NICE BONUS:).
My room was a corner suite 1446. great room bigger than the other regular rooms I had 2 double beds plus a sofa. My friend reserved the same suite but she didnt have a corner room and mine was obviously a lot larger. Our beds were turned down and we had a bottle water and cookies available at the bedside table.
Beds are so comfortable:)
The only complaint about the room is the shower door would get stuck a couple of times my husband had to let me out haha.
We used the pool which was the only thing that dissappointed me. it was very small and there was nobody there to clean up. i had to remove towels off the chairs to lounge and there was a lot of dishes around from previous guest who ordered poolside and nobody tidied up the area.
It was my first time staying at an omni hotel and i wasnt sure how the select guest program worked and I was kind of bummed that i didnt get to use the morning beverage service not knowing i had to fill out the order and put on my front door.
We also ate at the grand cafe for breakfast. Food was good and prices were reasonable. Another great perk is their sedan service that drives you anywhere 3 miles of the hotel except the convention center. Valet was pricey but all hotels in the area charge about the same.
Overall GREAT stay... I will be back :)

Room Tip: get a corner suite
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you, and are delighted to hear your desire to return. We do apologize for the other hiccups in our service, and have taken the necessary measures to address the pool and the communication at the Front Desk. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.