Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
US$336
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$285
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$239
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
US$347
US$330
  • Breakfast included
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$297
US$427
US$374
US$309
  • Pool
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$518
US$405
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$449
US$388
  • Beachfront
4,049 results
All reviewsdowntown ladisney concert hallmuseum of contemporary artgrand cafenoe restaurantselect guestmusic centerbroad museumgreat hotelbunker hillwithin a mile radiusclub levelthe financial districtcar servicepershing squareroom servicevalet parking
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I spent the first weekend in November getting my culture fix at the L.A. Opera and the L.A. Philharmonic. This was my first time to attend performances in Los Angeles, and I chose to stay at the Omni Hotel because I'd read that it was close to the Music Center.

Walt Disney Hall and the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion are very close to the Omni, so the hotel was a good location for me. It was also a very pleasant place to stay with friendly, helpful staff (Amy, the Concierge; the Front Desk Staff, the Grand Cafe' staff, and the Housekeeping staff). I liked the room very much with its view of the Walt Disney Concert Hall, and I enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I had no problem with the service or the bill. Quite the contrary.

I will defintely stay at the Omni again when I come back to the Music Center. There are several good restaurants in the area (ask the Concierge for recommendations) that are open on Sundays, and there is a convenience market in the plaza/courtyard area of the hotel. Just take the elevator to Level 2, go out the back door, turn left, and walk a few steps.

I recommend that anybody who plans to stay at the Omni join the Select Guest program for extra amenties.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank watso43
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Not our first time in LA, first time at the OMNI - I have nothing but great things to say about the hotel - there is nothing that could have been better, and we wished our stay was longer...

Staff are very helpful, approachable and efficient. No problem with check-in/out, etc. Door men deserve a special thank-you/notice - really went out of their way to make sure bags were taken care of, offered extra water bottles for us (very appreciative surprise) during check out, friendly, efficient. Represent the brand very well.

Bed was very comfortable, clean, soft, and bathrooms were sleek, modern, and with great shampoos, conditioners, etc. You really felt taken care here.

Will and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments on your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your "home away from home".

Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is a late review (stayed back in May of this year) but I remember the details because it was a special occasion:) The customer service/billing of this place is horrendous. The boyfriend and I came here after our second date. It was my first time here, but as it was a four star hotel I expected it to be cushy. I purchased the room through Priceline's "name your price" deal, so for the quality I definitely came up on a bargain.

Driving around Downtown L.A. sucks. The hotel also didn't have a sign visible from the street so it took me nearly 10 minutes to actually find the place! I was tired and ready to get to the room. Fortunately, there was no line and I was able to get there in minutes. I don't like how the halls are arranged-there weren't signs immediately once you got off the elevator telling which way the rooms were. But once I found it, I was pleasantly surprised. The bed was HUGE and full of pillows, just like I like, the TV was HUGE (flat screen) and the bathroom was HUGE! Walk in shower and tub!

I think the walls were soundproof (I hope they were) as I didn't hear noise from other residents...or we could have not been surrounded by anyone. Anyways, our stay was quiet and private, just perfect. I know this hotel had some of their own specials that had late check out-a shame that they don't give it to everyone. We actually got lucky and the front desk guy let us leave later the next day as we had missed the original check out time.

Now for the parking situation. I was aware that parking wasn't included in the hotel price. Because my boyfriend and I came in separate cars, I parked in a lot that was half the price of hotel parking and he parked at the hotel. It was $30.00. They don't give you your car back unless you pay first. We paid cash upon check out and were on our way. About 6 months later (October) I get a mysterious $30.00 charge on my bank statement. Confused, I do some research to see where it's from and find that it was from this hotel I had stayed at back in May. I call the hotel to get it straightened out. At first they weren't trying to refund me because they didn't think it was their error. After a few threatening calls, however, they realized they had messed up and refunded my money. It was just an inconvenience and unprofessional to charge me for something I had already paid, and then do it more than 6 months later.

If you stay here, be sure to keep receipts, and/or just pay for everything with them (hotel and parking). Or just don't use their parking at all! Save $30

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xtina0987

We are deeply sorry to hear that your otherwise enjoyable getaway was marred by the billing issues encountered after checking out. Our Accounting Department has been re-trained on our policies and procedures to ensure we provide top service to our guests. We truly appreciate your patronage, and hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Unfortunately I have developed a prejudice when walking into hotels - one based on experience - that the nicer the lobby the least welcoming the staff will be. So I was a bit on edge when I walked into the Omni -- it looked elegant and sophisticated, so I braced myself to feel less than welcomed.

However, I could not have been more wrong. Everyone - from the people behind the desk, to the people controlling the traffic out front - to restaurant - to the bar - to the little shop -to the people cleaning the rooms - to the people working room service -- everyone was welcoming and helpful. Like they were glad I was there and they wanted my stay to be the best it could be.

In addition the rooms were clean and comfortable and the fitness center was one of the better ones. And the room service pizza with tomatoes and garlic spinach was delicious!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I have always been partial to the Omni hotel chain. Properties that I have stayed at have been very pleasant and comfortable. The rooms at the Omni in downtown Los Angeles are a good size and very well appointed. Quiet and extremely clean. While some visitors to LA might not want to stay downtown, the area has undergone a lot of changes. The hotel is only a few minutes from LA Live (Staples Centre, Grammy Museum, Nokia Theatre) and around the corner from the beautiful Disney concern hall.

Service was excellent...the only downside is the expense of the valet parking...something that prevails throughout LA.

The Omni is a great value for the calibre of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo