“Comfortable and convenient”

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Ranked #8 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I really like this hotel. It's across the street from my company's LA offices so it's incredibly convenient for me, but really if you need to be anywhere in the northern end of downtown (Bunker Hill/City Hall/Disney Concert Hall) it's a short walk. Even in other parts of downtown I would choose it because it's quiet, elegant, comfortable, clean, with excellent service. I've never eaten in the restaurant but the attached bar is excellent with a menu suitable for dining by yourself. My only criticism is that there is a fee for the wifi - I wish the US hotel industry would get over it and stop charging for that. Not sure it would be the best tourist hotel as downtown isn't where tourists want to be, but as a business hotel, it's great.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,960)

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed here as I am a member of GHA Discovery and wanted to try another property. My room was beautiful, very well appointed. Some things however felt a tad off from my experiences with other hotels in the Association. I enjoyed the Bar area. And the concierge was very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Convenient location with pleasant views. Although downtown LA is not the liveliest place, the hotel is close to subway, train station, and has valet parking if you drive. Comfortable rooms, though no mini-bar for some reasons. Great service, good breakfast (by American standards), charming lounge with live music. WiFi in the lobby. May be there was a sale, but we had it for very reasonable price. We really enjoyed LA, so much to see! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I think as usual, the higher the better.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2012

If you have a meeting near by its great but the rooms are dated and difficult to find electrical outlets. You have to search and crawl under furniture. Room service is terrible. There is not much around to eat at later in the evening so if you come in late like i did you have to rely on room service. Twice they could not get a simple cheeseburger correct. Fitness center is okay
Walls in rooms are paper thin so don't except a good night sleep. Connection to the internet was difficult and took a couple of calls.

Room Tip: go to high floors
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank statestreet96
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

We appreciate your feedback, but are disappointed to hear about the quality of food being served to you. We have discussed this in detail with our Director of Food & Beverage, who is working closely with our chef to review the current menu, and to conduct additional training with our staff on food quality and presentation. We thank you for bringing this to our attention, and hope that we were able to personally handle this to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Without a doubt, this is the best hotel in downtown Los Angeles. I stay at the Omni for business, and have tried other hotels in the area, but none of them can compare to the Omni. My company has a corporate rate with the Omni, the Sales Manager, Hyacinth, introduced me to their loyalty program - Select Guest. I thought the benefits were too good to be true! But they have not failed to deliver since I started staying there mid last year. I love the free coffee or juice in the morning! And the free pressing, wow! Very excellent!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Grand Avenue side or California Plaza. Sign up with Select Guest - it'...
1  Thank Ecnal808
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Beautiful hotel accommodations. Loyalty members can get a "speedy" check in upon arrival. Rooms are large with designer bathroom ( granite, separate bath/shower). There is a small starbucks on the third floor near the lounge/restaurant thats convenient. The lounge has live music at night and was quite packed for a wednesday night. Definitely plan on returning here when I have business in LA. However, The hotel's Valet parking is a bit pricey - $40

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jcool54
Reviewed 3 February 2012

One thing for sure, I will never stay in this hotel!!!! The software is fairly ok, but the front desk staff is atrocious! What the management needs to do is to change the entire lethargic and completely ignorant staff; The manager, I think his name was Robi or Robert or Robie was enormously unpleasant and perfectly oblivious about my concerns in regards to AC. The night before, I came down to talk to FD. It was 2am and I couldn't sleep because the room was freezing. The front desk agent was texting on the phone for almost a minute before even noticing me. But that was nothing to Robi who was supermely rude, the next day! How do these people get a job??? Stay away from these people!!!

10  Thank Sophia G

On behalf of the Omni family, please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor experience you had during your recent stay with us. Our guests, and providing them with an experience above and beyond their expectations, is the top priority for us, and we obviously failed to meet that standard. Your feedback has been shared with our Director of Rooms, and we have taken corrective measures to ensure that this does not happen again. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at the hotel.