“Awesome hotel”

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Ranked #6 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Awesome hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

The concierge was amazing she helped us with a rental car, tours, transportation, anything we needed. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast brunch was great. Great location and safe area. I traveled with a girlfriend and felt safe. I will defiantly book again for future travel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We spent four great days in LA staying at the Omni Hotel and we had excellent accommodations and wonderful help from the Concierge in arranging a city tour and tour of Music Center, dinner reservations on several evenings and a rental car on our departure

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

the Omni was the perfect place for us to stay! The breakfast in the Grand Cafe was amazing as well as the staff in the restaurant. The hotel was very clean and beautifully decorated for Christmas, and smelled wonderfully clean. Our room was spacious, and the bell staff and valets were particularly helpful. We will come back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Beautiful Hotel in Downtown LA. Near Disney Concert Hall and California Plaza. I came out to LA to have my wife's wedding ring made so I decided to stay here. Honestly, I got the best price after researching the JW Marriott and The Westin Bonaventure. This hotel is about a 7 minute drive to LA Live and the Staples Center, which is also a plus. I had a high floor corner room on the 14th floor over looking California Plaza. The staff was great and more than accommodating. I will only stay here when I need to return to LA, specifically the Downtown Area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Cape Elizabeth, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

When you are greeted with a smile, reservation and check in process quick and easy - fresh polished apples and water in the lobby ---- add to that a clean room, central location and FREE NO HASSLE internet - you have a brand winner.

Room Tip: Highly suggest the 16th floor. The upgrade for the concierge floor is worth it. 17th floor is we...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Camano Island, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

The Omni experience was a delight well worth repeating. The rooms were excellent, valet parking was convenient and quick. The staff were all friendly, attentive and sincerely dedicated to making guests comfortable. The concierge service was convenient, knowledgeable and thorough. For we guests who do not want to brave the local traffic and aggravating downtown parking situation, there was a secure, free two-way shuttle service to nearby attractions such as dining in China Town well worth a generous tip. In-hotel Noé dinner dining atmosphere was somewhat sterile, however the food we chose was excellent and the prices were a bit spendy, but not exorbitant . Breakfast was another story: the prix fixe buffet breakfast served in a light and sunny venue was absolutely outstanding! There were options for every taste and custom at a very reasonable price. All-in-all, a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
We appreciate the comments you've shared, and have passed that onto our staff. They are ecstatic to know they could exceed your expectations. We look forward to your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

At night, only one restaurant is open in the hotel. It presents itself as fine dining and it was OK as far as that goes. My problem: No lighter fare options were available, like a main course salad option. This turned dining into the a tedious experience. If I want fine dining, I don't generally eat in hotels. The day before I stayed at the LA Bonnaventure. Lot better dining options in terms of choice and price range. The Bonnaventure staff was also extremely helpful and accommodating. I was looking for a a bowl of berries to finish the day off with. A woman approached me as I looked for a place to eat in the lobby. She asked what I wanted, took me to the restaurant, called over the server, instructed the server to take good care of me, and then told the server what I wanted. I got a huge bowl of berries. Turns out the woman was head of food service banquets. The server assumed that the food was on the house because I must be important to have the head person take such a personal interest. I corrected her and paid for the berries. I would stay at the Bonnaventure next time I am in LA. The Omni is a rather plain hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback! Your comments have been shared with our chef. He is currently working on providing more options in all our restaurants and banquet spaces that includes healthier lifestyle choices. We hope you will have the opportunity to return in the future to try one of our new dishes.