“Nice hotel in Downtown LA”

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Ranked #9 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sydney, Australia
“Nice hotel in Downtown LA”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at the Omni for 4 nights in April. The hotel is in a good downtown location, within walking distance to numerous restaurants and shopping areas.
The rate was very reasonable however the parking was quite expensive, $40 per day, however this is probably comparable to other hotels in the area. Valet staff were very attentive.
The bar area is nice, with live music some nights. The drinks were reasonably priced and bar food was very good.
There is a nice little gym onsite, with towels and headphones provided.
I left a pair of Chanel sunglasses in the room when I checked out, and was sure I wouldn't see them again. However when I phoned and spoke to lost property they had been found! Charles in the lost property department was a great help to me and I now have the sunglasses back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
We are glad to hear we could reunite you with your sunglasses. Our staff will appreciate knowing they could help make your stay with us a memorable one. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay here, but don't think I would want to stay for more than 2-3 nights tops. If you are in town for business and have meetings close by, it's a good location. If you are visiting Los Angeles and looking to do some sightseeing, it's in an OK location.

Everything was clean and the staff was pleasant and helpful. The valet guys were great - as was the driver of the courtesy car. I do think the staff is a bit unorganized as I would get three different answers to the same question when I spoke to three different people. I especially liked the bar - the menu and food were terrific and John pours and awesome Vesper. The piano player/singer in the lounge is a nice touch and are loud enough to enjoy, but not too loud that they interrupt your drink/meal.

My complaints:
The workout facility is small and cramped (don't let the "expansive" description on their website fool you).

I was also two doors down from a stairwell and could hear staff/patrons running up and down the stairwell in the middle of the night.

The wifi was not very reliable. I found myself switching hotel networks often - even in my own room.

All in all, I am happy to have stayed here as it was comfortable for a few nights, but I wouldn't want to stay here if I were in town for more than 3 days.

Room Tip: If you stay at the hotel on the weekends, use the garage in the galleria below the food court next d...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DanChicagoUSA
Santa Barbara, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I just stayed at the Omni in LA and brought my teenage daughet and her two friends to see a show at the Music Center. The price was worth the experience. I reserved the room about a month in advance which made the room affordable. The bell staff were all so great and the room was very nice and clean. I wish there were more menue choices for room service and dining but that is the only thing I would change. We didn't have the time to venture out except for the show.

Middleton, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Nice rooms, good maid service, but no interaction with staff. Other than the check in, which was slow, there was never anyone around to say Hello, good-bye, is everything ok, can i get you anything. If you don't want any interest from the staff then this is for you. Never a comment on where the restaurants were, no offer of water, etc.….the one exception was the front door and valet staff. THey were fantastic.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write abour your recent stay with us. We are disheartened to hear that you did not experience the level of customer service on which we pride ourselves. We hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Good clean hotel, joined the gha discovery package and gained free access wifi, otherwise would have to pay $10 a day, which should really be included in the room tariff,
Rooms were very clean and modern, bed was very comfortable, bathroom shower were good.
Good location for food outlets in California plaza.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Friendly staff. Close proximity (drive) to USC school as well as Hollywood. Comfortable clean rooms. Complimentary coffee/tea and juice delivered to your door in the mornings if you sign up as an Omni member. Also complimentary paper of choice.

1 Thank Julie T
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Omni hotel for 4 nights. As suggested by others on Tripadvisor, we signed up to the free Omni Select program on the website and received many perks. We had express check in and check out, free beverage every morning, memory foam pillow, free wifi etc. Our room was very spacious and bed was so comfortable. The hotel is in downtown LA (about 15mins drive to Hollywood) and is away from the hustle and bustle. We intended to park our car in a public parking lot a few blocks away but decided to use valet parking instead to be safe, it was $40/day from Sunday to Thursday, $30 on Friday and Saturday. Staff were very helpful and Amy at Concierge was fantastic. We were very happy with our choice and glad we didn't pay as much to stay in Hollywood/Beverly Hills.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple