“Beautiful hotel, great serivce”

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Ranked #9 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed for two nights this weekend, and felt the interior of the hotel was second to none. The customer service in all areas of the hotel was outstanding. We did have problems with a group of guests who were being excessively noisy on the Saturday night, but the Night Shift front desk dealt with them quickly. The exterior of the hotel is less picturesque, and the outside seating area is only available after 3pm which we found strange. There is a pool, which we had struggled to find information on prior to our visit, and its a small functional facility. But the main problems are the lack of shade - no umbrellas available - and lack of drinks facilities. Unfortunately the air conditioning units are whirring above your heads while 'relaxing' at the pool too, but perhaps with some small investment in the aesthetics this would not be a big issue. Overall a very nice stay in the heart of LA.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. First, we want to thank you for the opportunity to take care of the noisy guests for you. Second, your comments regarding the pool has been taken to heart, and shared with the appropriate department heads. We hope to provide a more inviting and relaxing ambience for our guests. We also apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the outdoor seating area. It is open all day for relaxing on, however, since it is part of the bar, service does not begin until 3:00pm. We hope that all of the memorable experiences will be enough to bring you to our doors again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,886)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel was extremely welcoming. All the facilities were top grade. In spite of this the room rate was reasonable for a top grade hotel. The only problem with the hotel is that the layout is a little confusing because the hotel is on the side of a hill. It is also in the heart of LA, very close to the cultural center.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2014

always a good visit. friendly helpful staff, 24 hour room service (when one is working, you never know when you will get something nutritious) large enough working space. I am especially appreciative of the beds which are really comfortable: who cares about the style, i want to sleep without a backache! front door staff are helpful and hardworking, restaurants are expensive but great choices. next to museum of contemporary art when you get tired of the luxury!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

We appreciate your feedback, and are delighted to hear that we are meeting the needs of our guests. We always welcome your constructive comments, and look forward to opening our doors to you again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong this hotel is extremely nice clean rooms great staff girl at desk was extremely helpful had a problem with one of the tours I organised she fixed everything up for me the price of hotel was great stayed in April for 4 nights with wife and two teenager daughters now the problem with this hotel is location and I mean serious problem debated for a long time about staying here price just about nudged me towards it it's on a major hill in San Francisco a week earlier didn't have to walk up one hill at this hotel had to walk up a very steep hill a good walk down to tube station to get to universal a lot of homeless people around area not many restaurants near by hole area around hotel closes down in evening hotel may be right for business people but as far as family's go not a great location but as I said not the hotels fault

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank footie_13
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

We appreciate your candid feedback, and are grateful that you and your family had chosen to stay with us. We understand you have concerns about the surrounding area, and we do offer complimentary town car service within three miles of the hotel, including transportation to the metro railway. We hope you will re-consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I've now stayed at this hotel several times since my first review of it about a year ago, and I have had a terrific experience every time. In reading others' recent comments about the hotel, I wanted to note two things:
1. My interactions with staff have always been fabulous. On my most recent visit (last week), the desk staff (Makoto???) went above and beyond to get me a great room and make certain that I was well taken care of. In fact, the staff here is one of the hotel's big pluses.
2. You can get free wifi simply by joining the Omni frequent guest program, which is really simple to do. I hate paying for wifi too, but this is an easy way to avoid the charges.
I will continue to stay here whenever I need to be in downtown LA (which really is not a bad place to stay these days--lots of new places and energy!).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hearing stories like yours confirms to us that we are doing the right things for our guests. We appreciate your feedback, and will share it with our staff. It is an honor to have your loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was such a great hotel. My family had a lot of fun in LA and at this amazing hotel. It was also in a great location. The room was very clean and had everything my family wanted. The parking is a little expensive though.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at the Omni for 4 nights in April. The hotel is in a good downtown location, within walking distance to numerous restaurants and shopping areas.
The rate was very reasonable however the parking was quite expensive, $40 per day, however this is probably comparable to other hotels in the area. Valet staff were very attentive.
The bar area is nice, with live music some nights. The drinks were reasonably priced and bar food was very good.
There is a nice little gym onsite, with towels and headphones provided.
I left a pair of Chanel sunglasses in the room when I checked out, and was sure I wouldn't see them again. However when I phoned and spoke to lost property they had been found! Charles in the lost property department was a great help to me and I now have the sunglasses back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

We are glad to hear we could reunite you with your sunglasses. Our staff will appreciate knowing they could help make your stay with us a memorable one. We hope to welcome you back soon.