“Great value - perfect set up with teenagers”

Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Ranked #15 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 April 2011

It is difficult to find a luxury set-up that works for families with teens, and this was perfect. We got a connecting room with my husband and I in the executive King suite and the kids in a connecting double. The rooms are very large and comfortable. We stayed on the spa level to be close to the pool and courts. We booked through Kayak and got both rooms for about $320 total (excluding tax and fees) -about what other luxury properties were charging for one room. We used the shuttle to go to the Getty and to UCLA, and the drivers were lovely! Chris was always early to pick us up, and so friendly. The staff seems eager to take care of any issues, and were always courteous. The only downside is the really small flat screens, and whatever they use to clean the carpets - not the smell you want when you walk in the door. What a nice surprise tucked right off the 405!

Room Tip: Ask for the spa level if you have a family
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JeanBW1979
There are newer reviews for Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel

Reviewed 25 March 2011

After my recent stay, I asked myself what makes the difference between exceptional or outstanding service, which I’ve experienced elsewhere, and the extra something that was evident at this hotel. The thing I’ve been able to identify is that their employees are obviously well trained to deliver great service but in addition to this they also like working there and appear to enjoy the people they interact with. They were joyful and happy to do their jobs and we very much noticed and appreciated this distinction. People who genuinely like their jobs and their boss and their co-workers plus the people they are of service to is actually something that can’t be trained and is not easily defined but we all definitely know if when we see it. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sonjaskage
Reviewed 14 February 2011

This was my second stay at this property in the last 3 months and I can easliy say that it will not be the last. The service and the grounds are impeccable! The beds are quite comfortable, although just as the previous reviewer, I too confirmed a King bed and was given two doubles instead. I did not question the room switch since it was just me staying for the 3 nights. The restaurant on the property is very good, a little pricey but very good. The first night I stayed I had the Braised Short Rib Risotto...ridiculously good! Overall this was an excellent trip and I would recommend to business travelers who like spacious rooms and great service!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I am still actually staying here. I agree with everyone else that said its very noisy at this hotel. Its halfway through february and I read in another review that they planned on fixing it sometime in february. I really hope they do. I brought my girlfriend here for valentines day and really wish I hadn't wasted my money bringing her here. We arrived today feb 13 at around 3pm. expecting a welcome package since that was part or what I payed for as a suite package. It is now exactly 10:20pm and I am still waiting for it. I have called the front desk 3 times and they have reapetedly said it was on its way. Im still waiting. Another big setback was that the television was all blurry for about two hours until it "warmed up" and then it finally cleared up. I was going to update to the vista suite and the front desk lady first told me it would cost me $80 then a couple minutes later told me it wuld cost $100(come tolater find out they really only cost$ 40 to upgrade). Very unhappy w my experience I have stayed at hotels that are cheaper than this place around the area and have had way better experiences elsewhere. I am only 23 years old so im not super picky or hard to please. I just really expected alot more. I work really hard for my money and really feel dispointed about the way my experience was at this hotel. They could have at least compensated me a little bit for all the trouble I had but the people at the front desk really didn't seem to care. If manegement reads this and feels a need to hopefully somehow make things right I can be reached at [--]. if not oh well I guess that's how you guys like doing business and it sucks for a hardworking guy like me.

• Stayed: February 2011
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2011

Dear maxornelas,

We do care about your experience and want everything to exceed your expectations when you stay with us. I am sorry your room type request was not fulfilled. Whenever possible we will upgrade upon availabilty if the room is not what you had hoped for, in your case without any additional fee. I will look into why this did not happen. Our televisions are relatively new wall mounted models and do not require any time to warm up. Occasionally there are wiring glitches that cause reception and image quality but those may be quickly rectified. Please contact me directly at the hotel and I will be happy to discuss remedies to the shortfalls you noted in your review and hope you consider staying with us in the future.

Reg Archambault

Reviewed 11 February 2011

I took advantage of a sale on Jetsetter (by Gilt group) at the Luxe Sunset Blvd for a trip to LA. I go a few times a year to visit friends/family and have stayed at many hotels in a range of prices. I was excited for the Luxe, but I'm highly disappointed.

First, we requested a king bed, the request wasn't honored even though it was on my confirmation form.Tthey said they never received the bed request and apparently the hotel was completely booked so they were unable to give us a king room or upgrade us (or so they say). The two double beds are comfortable, but not big enough for two people comfortably...

Next, room wasn't totally clean and some towels has weird stains.

Worst of all he hotel was VERY loud. We got here yesterday and at midnight when we were trying to get to sleep the TV was blaring in the next room and people were talking all over the place. I understand there are other guests here, but the walls are paper thin and we had a horrible sleep, the noise started again at 6am. Not very fun after a flight from the East coast and the time change. We're in our 20's, so we have a high tolerance for noise, but this was ridiculous.

The one saving grace is some of the staff, they promtly brought us new towels, some softer pillows and earplugs (though those didn't help) as soon as we requested them.

I'm really disappointed with my experience and will never get anything on Jetsetter again either! We still have one more night here and I want out.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lottieeb

Dear lottieeb,

It is unusual for us to be short of king bedded accomodations. 57 of our 160 guest rooms are suites and the majority of the remaining rooms have king beds. Regardless, you did not receive your requested room type and I am sorry about that. All rooms are cleaned twice daily and checked independently by supervisors to insure all standards are met. We process all our linens here on property and have an agressive program to remove any item that is worn or in poor condition for whatever reason.

Connecting rooms do have issues with sound traveling between rooms. We are currently undertaking steps to correct this. In addition, we are actively retrofitting any room with extra insulation when we have any noise complaint. You deserve a clean, well appointed and quiet room along wth personalized service. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to earn your business going forward.

Reg Archambault

Reviewed 27 January 2011

Having stayed at this hotel about a dozen times over the years, it has become one of my favorites -- and I spend about 75 nights a year in hotels around the world year after year. As in any property, there are some operational problems from time to time, but they are always dealt with promptly and well. The Executive Suite rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable -- and a great value. I particularly like the rooms facing the pool in the upper part of the hotel. They are quiet and it is like being in an oasis of calm. Walking down the hill to the restaurant area is only a two minute effort, and if you don't want to walk back up the friendly and courteous staff quickly provide a ride. Unlike most hotel restaurants, the restaurant cuisine is excellent and it is a quiet place, a delightful place for a business breakfast or dinner -- with no need to yell to be heard. If you are looking for a boutique property in an unusual setting, the one is a winner.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank USvalueseeker
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Myself and my good friend came to L.A for a shopping trip in Dec 2010 and This Hotel was not my first choice when i was looking for a place to stay, but i am SO glad we stayed there!
Nothing was too much trouble and all staff were amazing from the valet and house-keeping to the front desk, they were all friendly and very helpful. The room are a good size- we had a room with two comfy double beds and the room never felt small-even when we filled it with lots of great L.A shopping! The Hotel is beautifly styled and the bar and resturant is lovely. The Hotel is in two halves and We stayed up near the pool-which is so nice. The Location is great and quite central, but you do need a car, but again everyone who comes to L.A knows that. There is a nice village(brentwood) down the road and the Hotel offer a free shuttle to guests who wish to go down there for dinner etc, the Getty is also very close.
If I could be picky, the gym is not very good, but at the end of the day, we weren't in L.A to exercise, we were there to SHOP! And sometime we could hear the people in the room up above us. And wish the bathroom was bigger,but what girl doesn't!
This hidden treasure is a must for the traveller who wants a quiet nights sleep and personal service. I must give a big thanks to the conciegre Debbie, who made our trip extra special.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Chamberlain West Hollywood
#5 of 19 in West Hollywood
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel? Share your experiences!