“Great hotel!”

Ranked #17 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Denver, Colorado
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed at this Luxe property for business. It was conveniently located to the area I needed to be. I travel with a lot of gear, and the hotel staff was tremendously helpful with assisting me with all of my suitcases. I didn't need to lift a finger while on the property!

Also, the restaurant is absolutely outstanding! I highly recommend enjoying lunch or dinner if you have the time. Fresh, quality produce - very healthy - with a beautiful presentation.

I did not have the opportunity to enjoy the pool, sauna or spa - but will intend to with a return trip.

The free wi-fi was also a BIG plus...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My wife and I went to the Luxe for a "getaway" 4th of July weekend. We were looking for peace and relaxation...and that's exactly what we got... except for the rowdy, hallway, late night, party people. I guess you find that anywhere these days. The staff at the Luxe could not have been more thoughtful and service oriented. The hotel is all the GOOD that has been written before - great location, spacious rooms, great pool, comfy beds, intimate dining and bar. So it's not the hotel or its staff that diminishes this place, it's the small percentage of its inconsiderate guests that make it a challenge.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2011

my family and I were looking forward in using our Itex points to stay in the lux. we called three months ahead of time and the owner said that he only books itex members 2wks prior to stay. we understood his point. we called him 2wks prior, booked the stay, took our Itex points.we were booked, bought our tickets to fly out there...three days prior to our trip he decides to take our room from under us and gave it to some one else (great customer service hum?) he was also price gauging, ex: there webpage said $269 a night, he was charging $465 Itex POINTS!!!! broker in LA defended his price and said"we were lucky to even have him"
how lucky can you get?

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Dear abaconrodriguez,

There may be some confusion as Luxe Hotel Sunset Boulevard does not participate in Itex points programs at present. Regardless, if you would kindly contact me, I will be happy to assist in any way I can.

Reg Archambault
Washington DC
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We selected this hotel because it was close to UCLA. But it is so much more. The accommodations are really nice, clean, pool is beautiful and very well kept, restaurant is good location is convenient, and shuttle service within a certain radius is great. (The Getty is up the hill.). But what I really found interesting and very refreshing is that I never felt a hand out waiting for a tip. The staff was professional from the front desk all the way to the parking guys. Helpful, courteous, and with all of the Rolls there, there was no class distinction play either. If I have any suggestions, I would say get a good espresso/latte machine and hire a good barista. You can't just walk out and get a coffee so it would be nice to get a real latte etc, not the ones that they are making now. And, if you are hankering to be someplace where you can walk out the door and be in the thick of it, this may not be the place for you. But it is close enough th be in the thick of it, and removed when you want it. Kudos to a very nice hotel stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Western Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We stayed at the Luxe in August 2007 and didn't look at staying anywhere else on our return to LA. Personally I prefer a hotel that's safe, secure and in a good area rather than staying in a hotel so I can brag that I stayed in it. For example you only stay at the Chateau Marmont to say you have been there.

Luxe is in probably the best suburb in LA, Brentwood, which is a beautiful neighbourhood and safe to walk in - the main reason we stay there. The hotel itself is neat, clean and pretty modern. We love the pool area and since we stayed last time they now have a bar at the pool and provide cold water and apples along with cabana's. The staff are all so friendly and helpful. It's very quiet, we never heard our neighbours in the next rooms if there were any.

There seriously isn't much to complain about this hotel and I think if you can find something, you will be pretty hard to please anywhere.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This boutique hotel would otherwise be a great location at a reasonable price, if the beds weren't like sleeping in a motel bed--feels like a hammock. The rooms are spacious, but the furniture and the carpets need a major re-do. Its circa 1968, with outdated furniture.
Other than that, its a great location, easy freeway access. Be sure to ask for the first floor and away from the bar/event side of the hotel...otherwise you may hear loud noises and music all night long.
As a matter of fact, you may catch a few tid-bits from the adjoining room, as voices and other such noises can be heard from the bed and bathroom area.

Room Tip: Stay on first floor and away from bar side.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Dear joanf59,

Thank you for your recent visit and comments on your stay. Your points are valid and well taken. We are currently replacing all the bedding in the hotel systematically and will be finished by year end. In addition, any time we receive a specific complaint about a bed in a particular room, we prioritize it and place a new mattress immediately. Carpeting for all rooms has just been purchased and will be installed as soon as possible. Please contact us directly in regards to your most recent room here and we will make sure the situation is rectified.

regards
Los Altos, CA
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We booked several rooms at this hotel for our daughter's graduation from UCLA. It is a fantastic location nestled in Brentwood. My mother's room was over the bar and we asked to change the location which they did. The only problem is that there is tremendous traffic due to construction/extention at the 405 and Sunset overpass especially in the late afternoon. On July 16-17 they are actually shutting down the 405 around the Sunset exit so I would stay away from LA. The rooms are very spacious and can easily fit a role away. The bathrooms could use some updating! The water pressure was great. There are two buildings at the hotel- we stayed in the main building. The other building is a walk up the hill or they can drop you off in a van. In the upper building is the spa, gym and hearby tennis courts. The gym is less than desired and has minimal equipment.Our night included a lovely continental breakfast- 3 small pastries,fresh fruit, fresh juice and coffee/tea. Everyone at the hotel was very accomodating. Parking is $25/night extra. The staff gave is excellent recommendations for restaurants. The only issue was that they thought we were checking out a day early so our keys didn't work. They quickly replaced them and all was well. We appreciated receiving the LA Times everyday (vs USA Today). They may not have enough LA Times so not all rooms got them but you can ask for it in advance to make sure.

Room Tip: In the main building take a room on the Getty side
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family