Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$215
US$135
  • Pool
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$174
US$138
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$451
  • Beachfront
US$328
US$245
1,301 results
All reviewsupper buildingseparate buildingsgetty museumbel airsanta monicavalet parkingsunset boulevardvalet staffrooms are largemain lobbyjunior suitebeverly hillspool area isrodeo drivenice poolwest hollywoodfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The last trip to the luxe was less than desirable to say the least, however after posting my review, I was immediately contacted by management who wanted to remedy the experience as soon as possible. That is not something that happens often, I was very pleased to be offered a complimentary night to make up for the unfortunate experience prior.

I scheduled my night-staying in LA for work, I arrived a little late. This time when I called to get directions due to the construction, Michael at the front desk was able to clearly tell me how to get to the hotel (unlike the last time). We arrived, the room was beautiful and clean-obviously they were expecting me, however on my other trips to this hotel except for the immediate one prior-the hotel was great. So the room was very nice, good location in accordance to the front.
Won me over by sending complimentary chocolate covered strawberries-what girl wouldn't appreciate that?! Also some water and gourmet nuts. It was a shame I had to leave right away and couldn't enjoy longer.

Checking out, I was running late and had to run out, but they made it painless. I have not checked my card statement to see if there are unwelcome and unauthorized charges like last time but I am sure that management will fix it if there are.

Thank you all for extending your hospitality to me in order to remedy the prior stay, I will most certainly be coming back! Class act!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building unless you don't mind a journey down hill for breakfast etc.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We were at this hotel 4 nights, the room is spacious, tastefully decorated, very clean, excellent service, excellent restaurant,excellent location between Santa Monica and Beverly Hills - Hollywood,Excellent staff and welcoming

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available on the ground floor with balcony
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelly H, Director of Operations at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Debi S,

Thank you so much for the lovely review! On behalf of the team, we appreciate your wonderful comments and look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Luxe Hotel is a very nice option when visiting UCLA or the West LA/Westwood area. We've stayed previously at the Palomar and W, and would rate this in the same category. The Luxe has a great, easily accessible location right off the 405 on Sunset Blvd. The staff is extremely helpful and enthusiastic. Everyone greets you with a smile and a genuine welcome. The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated in a Crate and Barrel style...lots of taupes, grays, and whites. Our room had a nice four-poster bed with a large sitting area and a huge bathroom with a large tub and a large shower. Everything was clean and spotless. There is also an upper level with pool and spa. The rates were reasonable, but the only negative was that they tend to nickel and dime you. For example, the room has a Keurig coffee maker, with one regular and one decaf pack. If both of you happen to like regular coffee, you have to pay $3 for the extra pack. That's crazy. Also, on our second night at the hotel, our daughter, who is a student at UCLA, decided she wanted to stay with us. The good news was that the room and bathroom were plenty large and comfortable to accommodate her. The bad news was that they charged us $30 for the rollaway, even though the in-room guestbook stated that it would be $25.
So, bottom line, is that it's a very, very nice place with lots of positives. If they can eliminate the unnecessary, trivial nickel and dime stuff, I'd raise my rating to five stars.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary C
Kelly H, Director of Operations at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Gary C,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us! We appreciate the wonderful description of our property and the kind comments about our staff. Our goal is to create a memorable visit for all of our guests. We certainly do not want anyone to have the impression that we are "nickel and diming" them. We offer 2 cups of coffee complimentary, either decaf or regular. We provide one of each for the convenience of our guests. If anyone would rather have 2 of the same, we would be more than happy to accommodate that request. Upon your return, please just let us know at check in and we will note it for your stay and any further stays. I would like to thank you for bringing the discrepancy on the price of our roll-away beds. We are currently revising our Guest Directory and will ensure that pricing is correct.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My partner and I are visiting my son who lives in LA. It’s been an event-filled week. First of all, we have been staying at the Luxe Hotel and Spa on Sunset Blvd. The hotel is PHENOMENAL! It is conveniently located for access to the 405, UCLA, Brentwood, Westwood, Malibu Beach and Beverly Hills. The rooms are comfortable and clean, tastefully appointed with all amenities. Many rooms have views of the Getty Museum, atop the nearby mountain. The restaurant, which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner is a bit pricey but full of ambience and style.There is an additional mandatory valet parking added to the room charge, but the valet staff, as well as the rest of the staff that we encountered, were gracious and helpful. I will definitely return to this hotel. My only disappointment was that there was not a sauna or hot tub in the spa.

Room Tip: On the upper level, odd number rooms face the spa and mountain, even numbers face the 405
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Lori l,

Thank you for the thoughtful review of your stay with us. Your description of our property and the comments about the staff are greatly appreciated.

We all look forward to your return!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have stayed at Luxe a few times and it is truly a hidden gem! Just off the Sunset exit from the 405 freeway between Bel Air and Brentwood is is the perfect central location. I stayed with a few girlfriends and we LOVED the pool area and private cabanas - the little bar provided ice cold beers and we enjoyed the fabulous rat pack-type music they played - it felt very old hollywood - perfect! The Valets were very friendly and always kept a sense of urgency in their step when running to get cars and accomodate guests that were coming and going. The vibe in the lobby is very classic, clean and slightly modern which is nice to see upon entering since the outside of the building is so humble and unassuming. Great Service from the front desk from check-in thru check-out. Can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank sarah s

Dear sarah s,

Thank you for your review! Your description of the property was very detailed and thoughtful and we appreciate the kind words. I will most certainly pass on your comments about the staff as they enjoy hearing how they add to our guests' experience.

We all look forward to your return soon!