“Loved it!!”

Ranked #19 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Dallas, Texas
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Can't wait to go back here. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. My room was clean, the bed comfortable, and had all the amenities that you would need. And the bathroom was huge, which is always a plus, especially if you're not going solo. I didn't have time to use the pool, but from the looks of it I would have camped out there for a day if I was able to. I've read some complaints about the noise, but I never noticed any issue there. My room was even close to the front, so I had the parking lot and lobby near by, but noise was never a problem. The overall feel of the Luxe is chill and tranquil, so after a long day/night it was great to get back to my room or hit up the small bar near the lobby. The location is also perfect especially if you're wanting to get a feel for West LA.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
olympia, wa
Reviewed 24 April 2014

can't really complain. good overall stay. room is spacious and bed is comfortable. the buildings probably are on the aged side just a bit, but the overall effect of the property -- particularly the pool and the main lobby area and restaurant -- is luruxrious. Staff are ever friendly and helpful. Staff seem highly educated.

a couple pointers. first, the location is close to UCLA and the Getty but for tourist stuff you are a bit far removed. we ended up leaving and staying downtown our third night for this reason. public transit nearby doesn't seem to be much of an option, so plan on taxis to get around. the guys in the lobby will give you a quick lift to nearby locations, but you can tell they get a little over taxed on the weekends and you feel like your imposing a bit to pull one away for a van ride. Exceedingly friendly nonetheless.

we stayed on the upper level, and getting back and forth to the main level can be a bit of a hassle. good exercise walking up the steep incline from breakfast back up to our level.

we dined twice in the restaurant near the water feature in the foyer and it was peaceful and pleasent. Food was fine.

pool was spectacular. have a mango marguerita.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I loved the room! It is totally new but has that sort of Mad Men vibe (Don Draper, where are you?) Incredible breakfasts and all staff went out of their ways to be helpful. Water bottles from the valets, courtesy calls from housekeeping when I kept the "do not disturb sign on", (I was sick one day). I would not stay anywhere else when I go to LA. Why look further?

Room Tip: We booked a special and it came with a little sitting room. Since we stayed for almost a week, it wa...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cascais, Portugal
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Guess I should have read the reviews carefully.

First thing you need to know about this hotel is its spread over two separate buildings that are not connected, in fact it’s quite a steep walk up/downhill between them. They do offer shuttle service, but you do have to wait for it sometimes more than 15 minutes.

Booked on their website and there is no indication of this fact.
The service is appropriate and nice enough but clearly no one make any efforts to surprise and anticipate.

I had trouble finding a room that was quiet and after 3 room moves I just gave up and ended up staying in a standard queen room (reserved a junior king suite) that shared a wall with the housekeeping closet that work as my alarm clock every morning. The walls are paper thin.
Beds are comfortable and the location is good to move around (on the I405)

I must say I was going to rate this hotel a little better but then after my departure came the LUXURY TOUCH from the management.

At their request for feedback of my stay I mentioned more attention should be paid to guest requests (I requested a quiet room). In response I was told they could not find any special requests on my original reservation. I guess the call prior to arrival as well as the several interactions I had with the front desk during my many room moves did not count. Having checked my ORIGINAL reservation I figured they would be refunding the price difference between my ORIGINAL room reserved a Junior King Suite and the Standard Queen Room I ended up staying in….but in the end I guess they were not that thorough.

Room Tip: Decide where you preffer to be - near SPA & Pool or Restaurant/Bar/Reception because the service...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank luvsundbeach
Kolkata
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The Hotel is at an isolated place. We stayed in the Junior Suite that was spacious for 4 people. The room was nice as well as the Bathroom. Since it is at the end of the west Boulevard it took us a lot of time to get to Universal Studios.
There was no Breakfast in our Accommodation and Valet is chargeable.
The Staff was also good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ntpasari
Great Neck, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2014

It started with checkin-room was not ready at 4:30,
The room was extremely dark with poor lighting, the bathroom was dirty and the walls were paper thin.From one side we could hear every conversation in the next room and on the other side we heard loud music at 1 am..it took 3 calls to front desk and hours for a response. Even the person at the front desk apologized for the problem of thin walls!!
The next morning at breakfast we were served toast that was covered with mold, but the next days breakfast was even worse..it took 15 minutes to finally flag down a server( we had no menus or place settings) so I just asked for coffee and 2 soft boiled eggs.the coffee came, then I had to ask for milk( still no place settings) and the milk curdled on top of the coffee! Another 10 minutes went by, my soft boiled eggs still in the shell, came, served on a plate.. Another 10 minutes went by before someone came and when I asked for fresh milk and a bowl for the eggs, I was told " we don't have any bowls for eggs." At this point my husband and I left the table in disgust. The sever came running after us, having no idea why we were upset. Thank goodness we didn't opt for the Sunday seafood buffet which was displayed beautifully in the morning, but when we came back to the hotel in the late afternoon, the same SEAFOOD was still sitting out on the buffet!!
As far as housekeeping, they never cleaned our room for 2 days and when we called to complain they accused us of turning housekeeping away. Bath towels were like cardboard.
After checkout, I realized at the airport I left my prescription glasses in the room. Immediately, I called housekeeping, who checked the room and found them. I was told she would give them to the front desk and have them sent to me. After not receiving them for days, I called and was told they never found them and denied ever having a conversation with me.
Upon leaving we asked for a manager to call us, and of course, no one did. But that's ok, nothing they say would ever entice us to want to go back there.

Room Tip: Tip- go to another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank Cathy B
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I can not wait to come back here. Great location easy access with the exception of exiting the hotel paired with the perfect amount of seclusion. Friendly staff and excellent room service. Order the kobe burger....mmmmmm

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel? Share your experiences!