“Ok hotel for a night sleep”

Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Ranked #17 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sandnes, Norway
“Ok hotel for a night sleep”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Bathroom and room where in need of some serious upgrading to be called a 4 star hotel. Nice food we tried breakfast and a evening snack in the bar, both was up to our expectation. Location was very good if you need a place to stay when traveling through LA as we did.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly H, Director of Operations at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Linda7823,

Thank you for the review of your recent visit. We do appreciate your comments as we are always striving to improve our guest experience. We have made many changes recently and will continue to do so in the future. We hope to welcome you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Came her with a friend for an escape from the kids and we enjoyed our stay immensely! Calm, sleek decor, rooms were quiet, spacious & comfortable size. Pool area is fabulous, be sure to enjoy lunch there. Location of the hotel is in the middle of nowhere (at least for this urban east coaster) but you just hop in your car and you're not far from Beverly Hills and all the other fun LA sites. Valet parking is annoying when it's faster/easier to get the car yourself but welcome to LA. I'd stay here again and recommend it highly. Sunday brunch was fabulous too--great variety of delicious food.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear bethinhoboken,

It was such a pleasure to read your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us I will be sure to pass on your comments about our Sunday brunch to our Chef and his team. I know that visually it might seem odd to valet your vehicle and to have it so close, but please understand that it is necessary to be a valet only property to protect our parking spaces for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The staff at the Luxe on Sunset Blvd. is exceptional. This hotel is a treat. It's location is ideal for UCLA, Bel Air and West LA. Their restaurant and amenities are both fine. We would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Two hotel levels. Bottom is good for dining and entertaining. Top is good for view, pool and spa.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dennis K
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This property always goes above and beyond whenever I get the oppertunity to stay at this wonderful property. The staff is amazing and it just makes me feel happy whenever I come through the hotel. The rooms are over size and spacious and beautifully decorated.

Room Tip: This is a great location off teh 405 freeway.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carmen-n-Nian
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights, room was beautiful and very spacious. Also clean and modern looking. Staff was extremely nice and wanted to make sure we were happy. Only bad thing was parking is $27 a day and pool was a little hike uphill. But we were very pleased with our stay! Would def go back

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Knowak4
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Friendly staff. The decor reminds me of very classic Hollywood. Bed was awesomely comfy (the pillows divine). Bartender at the pool gave everybody there a small smoothie sample (yummy). Restaurant was VERY good. I had salad and soup for lunch, and the short rib risotto for dinner (it was AWESOME). I love that they give you a free glass of wine the day you arrive. I needed that! It's not really close to anything but the Getty Center, but that's why I picked it. You can't really walk anywhere... but I was only there for my last night in LA, so it was OK.

Room Tip: Ask to be either "up the hill", or not a room close to 405... the traffic noise is signifc...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I had to be in LA for work. I needed a place to stay for one night since this was the second leg of my trip. I expected so much more. The people at the front desk were very nice when I checked in but since my room wasn't ready I spent some time at the pool. They forgot to call me as they said they would so I called them hours later (415pm) and they apologized profusely. Then they brought my keys to me at the pool and I arrive to my room and my luggage wasn't there. I was not exactly happy. The rooms are nice and spaceous but it was like an apartment feel I could clearly hear the people above me. The doors had the old chain lock and you could hear people in the hallway. There were a few things that I felt they tried to do in a shabby sheek look but just looked shabby cheap to me. The next morning I went to the gym before I started my day and someone was on the phone complaining about the noise. I wouldn't be opposed to staying here again since the grounds are beautiful but I wouldn't specifically choose this location again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#15 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel? Share your experiences!