“If only the facility lived up to the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Line

The Line
Ranked #34 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Keene, New Hampshire
“If only the facility lived up to the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

SUPER friendly staff. I was staying four nights and got a personal note from the guest relations manager welcoming me and the room looked very nice. Trouble with the free WiFi reception was solved by issuing me a JetPack -- even though there were repeaters all along my corridor my room was a dead zone. Very cool pop-up outlets on the desk but they were dead. And the A/C kept dropping (had three maintenance visits over my stay to fix this). I heard from one of my drivers that this hotel had been a Radisson and apparently when the new owners did the renovations there were some corners cut.
The nightclub-restaurant downstairs is a real hot spot -- even as a hotel guest there was a 45 minute wait to get a table at 2145 on a Tuesday night, so I never did manage to eat there. I would be worried if given a room on one of the lower floors as the lobby bar is very loud (on the 12th floor I didn't hear a peep, so this is just a guess on my part).
Valet staff are numerous and quick to retrieve cars.
Have to say again that the staff did absolutely everything that they could to make things right (including offering me a different room after the third A/C issue) and they waived the parking fees due to the inconveniences.
Oh, don't try to open the blank panel on the desk, it is a cover for the wiring of the multimedia jacks and power outlets and is not for guest use.
There is a little cafe in the lobby that opens nice and early, decent cappuccino made by a guy who actually knew what he was doing, fresh assorted pastries.

Room Tip: As noted above, I would ask for a higher floor in an abundance of caution on the nightclub noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LDWG
AlexaHall, Guest Relations Manager at The Line, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear LDWG,

Thank you for providing with feedback from your recent stay. I am truly sorry you experienced difficulties with the WIFI. This is something we are working hard on to improve.

I am delighted to hear our staff and service made such an impression on you. This is something we are working hard on to ensure every guest feels like a VIP.

We would love you to come back when our Pool Deck opens. Please email our Senior Guest Experience Manager, Josh Brown the next time you plan to visit LA. He will make sure you are looked after. His email address is jbrown@thelinehotel.com.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Alexa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I'm an LA local who was in need of a place to stay for a few weeks while my new condo is readied. I had wanted to try the Line as I was familiar with it and loved its modern industrial aesthetic. No disappointments here, especially on the staff front. From the valet crew to the front desk to the staff and the new Pot, I've yet to encounter anything but smiles and friendliness. Several people even remember me by name at this point.

Is this hotel perfect? No. But that's measuring it against some of the finest hotels in the world I've been fortunate to stay at. For what it is, it's pretty darn great. Some will say the rooms are small (which they are), but I'd say efficient. Views on the Hollywood side are pretty awesome-- 1029 is "my" room and I love spotting the Observatory each night as I'm nodding off.

In terms of public spaces-- the gym is small but functional and well-equipped. The pool is still being finished so no comment on that. The coffee bar/lounge is handy and cool, but prone to hipster invasion (hey-- it's new and in LA, what do you expect?). Pot is fun and tasty (caveat: I'm a veggie so there's much I haven't tried). Note for tourists, the Line's location is very central and its accessibility to public transpo is better than most places in LA save maybe some of the downtown hotels. If you're a foodie, a 10 min metro ride gets you into downtown for some of the most exciting restaurants happening in LA.

A few tiny dings. I know we're promoting a commuter ideal (which I support), but $32 for parking seems a tad high. This isn't San Francisco. A weird point that the bathroom vanity is really low (I'm 6' tall) but again that's nitpicking.

Overall, highly recommended (full disclosure, I was going to give it 4 stars as 5 implies total high end perfection, but thinking about the hotel- and the staff in particular, I went with 5).

Room Tip: Splurge for high floor, hill side if you can. It's pretty cool to sit on top of LA and look acr...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Waymon
Dear Waymon

We can not thank you enough for such a wonderful review. Its wonderful to hear that our service made such an impression and that you will come back soon.

Please get in touch with our Senior Guest Experience Manager, Josh Brown the next time you plan your stay. His email is jbrown@thelinehotel.com.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

The staff could not be more courteous and helpful. Very cool decor, great views, and comfortable view. Easy accessibility to all points in city with Metro across the street . Will be my stop off point on all future LA trips .

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank kiwidoc13
Dear kiwidoc13,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay.

It is great to hear that our service made such an impression on you. We are really working hard to make sure service is our number one priorty.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here for a weekend jaunt to L.A. for a concert. Easy to get anywhere in LA from here.They did a great job at remodeling the existing hotel. Very contemporary (exposed concrete walls, etc.) and hip design with some playful design accents. Gorgeous views of the Hollywood hills looking north from our room. Great bed. Super inexpensive given how nice the place is now. The lobby bar is already a scene. I only wish I was a bit younger and cooler to fit in a little better. The bar is great, as is POT restaurant, which was delicious and everything you might expect from a Roy Choi restaurant. A playful and modern Korean restaurant theme with prices that were surprisingly reasonable. Delicious Korean pots to share (we had the spicy crab one) with some great other dishes. The blue crab appetizer was sublime. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in L.A. Well done.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank mclazerlou
Dear mclazerlou,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recnt experience.

It's great to hear enjoyed your short stay with us. Our beds are definitely comfortable, makes it difficult to wake up in the morning. The views are definitely special. Nothing like waking up to the Hollywood Hills first thing.

POT is incredible, each dish is so unique and flavorful, I am happy you had the chance to check it out.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

loved this place. the rate was reasonable and the service was great. If you are looking to stay in the koreatown area of LA i would highly recommend this place. really nice pastry and coffee bar in the lobby and super fun lounge to hang out and have drinks:)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank dutchie101
Dear dutchie101,
Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. We are especially happy to know that our service made such an impression on you.

We hope you will return when our Pool deck opens.

Langenthal, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

The Line hotel ist right on the opposite of a Metro station. We had a room with a beautiful view to the hollywood hills, perfect! Rooms on the streetside can be quite noisy. Everything was new and clean. We loved the delicious small but good breakfast.

Room Tip: Upper floor with view to the Hollywood hills.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amaree13
AlexaHall, Guest Relations Manager at The Line, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear amaree13,

Thanks for sharing feedback from your recent stay. Its great to hear you had such a great time.
Our rooms are definitely unique. The views are breathtaking and there is nothing like waking up to the Hollywood Hills first thing in the morning.

We hope you will come visit us again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My experiences here have been tremendous. I travel more than half the month, but I don't have interest or loyalty to chains, brands or cookie cutter amenities. I want to stay in places that are unique to that place, but this often comes with poor service, lack of cleanliness or other inconveniences. I adore everything in this place and feel it was made just for me. From the beyond pandora music selections, the exciting food program, all the structures and surfaces and reflections of local artists. This is not a cheap rebuild of a motel, this is a solid hotel with creative touches and incredible service. The bedroom is so comfortable and the view unlike most in the city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MollieBCasey
Dear MollieBCasey,

Thanks for sharing feedback from your recent stay.

Its great to hear that our service makes such an impression on you. This is definitely our main focus.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.