SUPER friendly staff. I was staying four nights and got a personal note from the guest relations manager welcoming me and the room looked very nice. Trouble with the free WiFi reception was solved by issuing me a JetPack -- even though there were repeaters all along my corridor my room was a dead zone. Very cool pop-up outlets on the desk but they were dead. And the A/C kept dropping (had three maintenance visits over my stay to fix this). I heard from one of my drivers that this hotel had been a Radisson and apparently when the new owners did the renovations there were some corners cut.
The nightclub-restaurant downstairs is a real hot spot -- even as a hotel guest there was a 45 minute wait to get a table at 2145 on a Tuesday night, so I never did manage to eat there. I would be worried if given a room on one of the lower floors as the lobby bar is very loud (on the 12th floor I didn't hear a peep, so this is just a guess on my part).
Valet staff are numerous and quick to retrieve cars.
Have to say again that the staff did absolutely everything that they could to make things right (including offering me a different room after the third A/C issue) and they waived the parking fees due to the inconveniences.
Oh, don't try to open the blank panel on the desk, it is a cover for the wiring of the multimedia jacks and power outlets and is not for guest use.
There is a little cafe in the lobby that opens nice and early, decent cappuccino made by a guy who actually knew what he was doing, fresh assorted pastries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each room at The LINE Hotel features custom furnishings, local artwork, and floor-to-ceiling views of Los Angeles. LA's own Roy Choi oversees The LINE's three restaurants - including Commissary a working greenhouse restaurant that spills out to The LINE's pool deck. Citrus trees and scented flora and its open year-round to hotel guests surround the outdoor pool. The LINE also hosts POKETO, a local design shop, and BREAKROOM 86, a nightclub by Houston brothers. The LINE is centrally located in Koreatown with easy access to Beverly Hills (6 miles), Downtown (3 miles), and Hollywood (3miles). Complimentary access to LINUS x LINE bicycles is available to all hotel guests along with 24-hour gym access. At The LINE Hotel, wifi is always free. In addition, there are free yoga classes every Saturday for hotel guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wilshire Plaza Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Wilshire Plaza