“REALLY??? I DON"T get it!!!”
Review of The Line

The Line
Ranked #35 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
France
“REALLY??? I DON"T get it!!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This review is completely based on my hotel room... This is truly the one of the worst and smallest rooms that I have ever stayed in... I can not even fit between the foot of my bed and the floor- to- ceiling window without turning sideways and shuffling sideways. I can also litterly wedge my size 11 shoe between the night stand and the wall of the room... good thing i only brought an overnight bag and not a suitcase.... AND also, I might add that the walls of the rooms and hallways of this hotel have concrete walls that are COMPLETELY unfinished concrete...Just like the day that the concrete construction forms were taken off after the poured concrete hardened... No paint,no wall paper, nothing!!! Electrical boxes and conduit that are exposed and mounted on the walls... NO KIDDING! room was clean and the bed was comfy...I did not book this room as I am part of a group... But I am always part of a group in hotel rooms, as I travel world wide for a living... I really can not comment on the service or the staff, since I was pre checked in and handed a room key when I got here... But overall I would rather stay in a MOTEL 6... AND this hotel is rated # 7 in LA. Somebody must be smoking something...

Room Tip: RUN away fast!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank rmichaelkeating
AlexaHall, Guest Relations Manager at The Line, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear rmichaelkeating,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay.
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Our Senior Guest Experience Manager would very much like the opportunity to speak to you. Please let him know a convenient time to contact you. His email address is jbrown@thelinehotel.com.

Alexa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hudson Valley, NY
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We lucked into The Line after 2 hotel snafus during our short stay in LA. It's in the middle of Koreatown, so not exactly close to all the standard LA sights, but definitely smack dab in the middle of the newest hipster heaven. The lobby can be overwhelmed with young party people, VERY LOUD music, and lots of drinking between 8 PM and "whenever," but you'd never know it once you get into the elevators. And, in fact, we didn't mind the social scene at all, because a) everyone behaves, b) the people-watching rates up there with a NYC street corner, and c) every person, whether they are a customer or staff member, is invariably nice, chill, and (yes) sweet-natured. Our room looked out at the Hollywood sign and Griffith Park, the a/c worked fine, the bathroom was spacious (wonderful shower), and we got a bed/park deal, rendering The Line one of LA's current hotel deals.

A shout-out to the entire staff (from the parking valets to the desk clerks to the adorable guys/gals in Cafe), and especially Richard Ray, for rescuing us from hotel hell, and making LA a friendlier, kinder place for our short family vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back -- Wilshire Boulevard can be pretty noisy day or night.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank olliedawg
AlexaHall, Guest Relations Manager at The Line, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear olliedawg,

Thank you for your amazing feedback.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed you recent stay. We are especially happy to know our service made such a great impression on you.

We look forward to have you back very soon since our Pool is now OPEN!!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Had a night at 'The Line' recently and found the overall service and stay to be of a very high quality that was surprising considering they only opened in January. From the front desk to the bellmen everybody seemed to be friendly and outgoing. The rooms whilst somewhat cozy were nice with the beds being particularly comfortable! Views are decent and our vista of the hollywood hills was just one highlight of the stay.

That said the Line is still experiencing one or two teething problems which I imagine is common to new hotels: The wifi is a bit of an issue that may be irritating for travellers who are stopping in the city on business. There was also a few problems with the faucets and knobs in our bathroom that effected our shower but it was fixed pretty swiftly by maintenance. However, these minor details shouldn't distract from the fact we found our stay at the Line very enjoyable.

Whilst I don't believe there is masses to see in Korea town, there are a couple of good restaurants within walking distance that one may find interesting. In particular the BCD tofu house down the street from the hotel (take a right out of the hotel and it is two blocks down) has excellent Korean cuisine that is good value for money. There is also a golf driving range a bit further down the street that makes for a good way to pass the time.

The Line is definitely not your traditional run of the mill hotel but we found that the edgy vibe only adds to the unique experience.

Room Tip: Get a North facing room for great views!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jack W
Dear Jack W,

Thanks for sharing feedback from your recent stay.

It wonderful to hear that our service made an impact on your trip. We are truly working hard to be number one.

Our room views are spectacular, waking up to the Hollywood Hills is like a dream come true.

We hope to see you back at The Line in the near future.
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I know the 25hours hotels in vienna and zurich and love this concept very much. From the line I thought that we can expect a comparable experience. But for my expectations it was rather disappointing: wrong first room even though we reserved in advance and got this welcome mail of preparation, the windows are from the past century and do not block the noise at all. If you want to give a communicative appeal you should make your wifi working.. and last but not least the room and tbe bath were very small.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank studerni
Dear studerni,
Thanks for sharing feedback from your recent stay.
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occaision.

Our Senior Guest Experience Manager, Josh Brown would very much like the chance to speak with you about your stay. Please email him at jbrown@thelinehotel.com

We would like the opportunity to have you back.

Regards
olympia, wa
Reviewed 24 April 2014

we had a good one night stay. we got a very competitive rate and a rather spectacular view of the hollywood hills. the hallways are very chic, its a clean modernist design where the halls are stripped to bare cement. it works. its very artsy, edgy, and hip. rooms are small but big enough for what we needed. our only issue was the wi-fi which didn't seem to work, and also the noise from the street and what seemed to be some sort of ventilation system or something coming from outside. The noise interuppted my wife's night of sleep. I was fine as I sleep like a log. Great korean restaurants in the nearby area. Korea town is still a little "gritty" but looks like there is an attempt at resurgence. Restaurant and coffee bar downstairs has a good reputation but we ended up not eating there. bonus for my wife: korean movies on the TV! Pleasent staff!

Room Tip: views of hollywood hills are great and worth paying for.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rubberbubby
Dear rubberbubby,
Thanks for sharing feedback from your recent stay.

Our location is definitely great for restaurants and clubs...all within minutes of the hotel.

Please come back and check out our new pool deck.

Regards
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've discovered The Line on my way to an event in the west side one night. I was curious so I googled it. Apparently it is a new hotel development in the heart of Korea Town along Wilshire. It looked great from the outside. A friend of mine was visiting from out of town so I've decided to give The Line a chance. What caught my eye was the extra service upon arrival. They were at it. The service was amazing. The people behind the counter were friendly and very accommodating. We were told about the background of the hotel, the upcoming amenities, restaurants and etc. I was super happy to find out that one of the co-owners of the hotel is none other than ROY CHOI of Kogi Trunk in LA. If you're a foodie like me, then you would know you're in for a treat.

The lobby looks chic and lively. The people working there looks like models from an A.P.C. ad. I am totally digging the chambray shirt as their uniform. Good touch. The room that we got was facing Wilshire. It is very "Ikea chic" if there's such a term.

The price is on point. The room is super fun, clean and comfy. I really like the floor to ceiling glass panels. The staff are extra friendly. The location could be tricky if you're not familiar with LA but it is not that hard to navigate. They have bikes that you can use to ride around. Not too far from LACMA, Miracle Mile and not a bad route to downtown if you're up for it.

The POT Bar just opened and that is a must try!

Too bad pool wasn't open yet when we were there but will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Try the POT Bar on the lobby.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank NoHoBoy
Dear NoHoBoy,
Thanks for sharing feedback from your recent stay.
Its wonderful to hear that our service made such an impression on your stay. This is something we are working hard to be number one on.

Our location is definitely great for restaurants and bars, so much to offer within minutes of the hotel.

We hope to see you back soon.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was simply amazing. The rooms are extremely comfortable, the space was designed extremely well with art coming from every corner. There's a terrific Korean restaurant (Pot) and bar in the lobby with great food and drinks. The lobby does turn into a rather fun after hours scene (so be forewarned if your wanting quiet HoJo blandness but you would not be in KTown if that was truly the case.) And the staff?? SUPER AMAZING! So friendly, genuinely sincere nice and bend over backwards helpful to make sure our stay was perfect! I can't recommend this hotel enough! (Especially if you need a hotel that's central to areas like Silverlake, DTLA). I will be back

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jdawg5555
Dear Jdawg5555,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

I am delighted to hear our service made a remarkable impression on you, POT is delicious, each dish is unique and incredible, I am happy you had a chance to check it out and really liked it.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.