“5+ stars”
Review of The LINE

The LINE
Ranked #33 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Not often do you get a hotel which is far and away better than what you pay for. This place is excellent.

The rooms are brand new. They are well laid out. There is every conceivable gadget. Your bed looks out onto the city through the floor to ceiling windows.

We were not particularly well turned out yet the staff were friendly and helpful, quite a feat for a hotel in LA based on our experience. It was one of the only places in the US where we didn't feel like we'd been sized up within 10 seconds. The service was on par with top European hotels where you're treated like a 5 star guest regardless of whether you're likely to pay a three figure tip.

The bar was great. On a weekday, it had a crowd and a good atmosphere. The cocktails were original and strong. There was a late night pastry counter. You could get a hot chocolate on the way to bed!

To top it off it's located in an interesting part of the city with several popular Korean restaurants within walking distance.

They could have sold us the room at twice the price and it still would have been good value. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hpw84
AlexaHall, Guest Relations Manager at The LINE, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear hpw84,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful response with us. Its so nice to hear that you enjoyed the hotel so much.

We hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed during E3 and it was probably the best hotel I have ever stayed at during E3. Cool decor, staff was ultra helpful, breakfast downstairs or across the street and only 10 minutes from the convention center. I am definitely staying here again!

Room Tip: Rooms are not big so don't expect to cram a lot of people into one room.
1  Thank Kevin W

Dear Kevin W,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful response with us. Its nice to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our staff have made an awesome experience for you.

We can not wait to have you back.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The only negative side of staying at The Line was that my trip was too short. I absolutely adored my stay. The service was perfect. The staff was helpful. The rooms were so cool...loved the concrete and bed facing the window. Even the restaurant and the cafe were wonderful. There was no reason for me to even leave the hotel...especially with the cool parties in the lobby and the sweet pool. -Vashtie

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear VashtieK,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful response with us. Its so nice to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff have made an awesome experience for you.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Everything about this hotel is ahhh-mazing. The floor to wall window, black out curtain, carpet choice, soap and lotion, modern furniture, exactly to my taste. We ordered room service twice and it came in these cute little aluminum containers wrapped up in a handkerchief. We ordered late night hot dogs and pizza and it was insanely good! Early morning congee, yes please. Love the staff fashion and the outdoor pool. The cafe downstairs? Ahhhmazeballs! Try the milk tea and strawberry pastry. It's like all the things I love, with utmost sophistication and class. I don't think I can stay anywhere else at this point.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ann Y,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful response with us. Its so nice to hear that you enjoyed our hotel so much.

We can not wait to have you back.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was in town for a business trip centered around the LA Convention Center. The Line is about a 10 min drive (LA traffic) from the conference epicenter and also is nicely surrounded by a ton of Korean food choices :] The Pot restaurant downstairs is a nice dinner treat and the quick bites available at the lobby cafe are perfect when you're on the go for your morning meetings.

My stay at The Line was awesome! The front staff is extremely courteous and assisted me with my bags since I was a bit early for check in. Once the room was ready, the staff gave me a ring to let me know I could settle in. The room itself was clean and the workspace in the room was perfect. I only wish the wifi was a bit stronger in the rooms.

Overall great stay and I would definitely recommend this for both conference and non-conference occasions.

Dear Carolyn H,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback. Its great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made such a great impression on you.

We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I loved the sustained architecture and design. The room was cool. (But the brass fixtures were a little too 1990's for my taste.) And the location is ideal. The staff was awesome above and beyond what I expected. Especially the valet service. They were busy, but always smiling and I never had an interaction where they didn't address by name. That tells me that attention to detail is a passion with the management. If you want an InterContinental or Four Seasons this is not for you. But I like to think I'm not boring and I like the edgy feel the experience provided. I hope to be booked there again when my job sends me back to SoCal.

Room Tip: Insist on a Hollywood Hills view room. The only complaint I have is that the street noise from Wils...

Dear rocknrollpark,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. It's great to hear you think of us as your favorite hotel.

Our valet team is terrific and I am happy to hear they made such a big impression on your stay.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

After staying at heaps of hotels all over the country during a 4 week holiday the line stands out. Friendly staff who went above and beyond more than once. The room was cool with electric blinds and lots of technology. We had an upgrade to the slightly larger room with a desk which was great and the view was of the city side which was good as well.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank igooba

Dear igooba,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay,

I am delighted to hear out team made such a wonderful impression on you.

We hope you come back soon.