The Line Hotel is located in Koreatown part of LA. The metro is directly across the street as well as the buses. The room was a little on the small side. It had little space for clothes if you were staying more than three days. We stayed a week.
The room has these great Roman shades that give floor to ceiling views of the city or Hollywood Hills. Hollywood Hills view cost a few dollars more per night and since we were spending a week there I did not want to spend the additional money.
Extremely Polite hotel staff. Very friendly and personable. They try to go above and beyond. I found this to be true in all areas from Housekeeping, to Pool staff (Joy), to front desk. Rooms were newly renovated and clean. At first glance you think they are under construction due to the bare concrete walls and soon realize that is the look. The room was equipped with free Wifi, plenty of outlets to charge things, fully stocked mini bar, nice hotel amenities, slipper and robe ( but only for one person). Nice restaurants and cafes inside the hotel and within walking distance. Safe neighborhood. Comfortable bed!
Cons: Small rooms. Awkward to get around the bed from side next to wall. Parking was Valet only and very expensive($35 dollars/day with not weekly discounts or hotel discount) I was told this was operagted by outside vendor. You can park on the street a block or two away for free or use the garages in area but they do not have in/out privileges and are not 24 hrs. The pool is great but only weekend service for food and drinks. You can order stuff from first floor and they will deliver it to you but need to go to first floor to order. The hotel lobby on the weekend turns into a club. Lots of People. Way too many and they are kept at bay on the sidewalk and hotel entrance until their is space for them to enter and the windows are not sound proof so you can hear them at until the wee hours of the morning. They need to resolve that issue. We did not hear them during the week and I think it is only on Saturday where the crowds are too large. Music does blare from DJ during the week a little too loud to enjoy a cocktail or a meal at the restaurant. I did speak up about that and they took of a small charge I had to room without me requesting anything.
I will say they do attempt to satisfy the guests. i would go back there again. I was here for business and pleasure and my colleagues were at other hotels in town and they paid more money and said we had better views and at least restaurants open nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each room at The LINE Hotel features custom furnishings, local artwork, and floor-to-ceiling views of Los Angeles. LA's own Roy Choi oversees The LINE's three restaurants - including Commissary a working greenhouse restaurant that spills out to The LINE's pool deck. Citrus trees and scented flora and its open year-round to hotel guests surround the outdoor pool. The LINE also hosts POKETO, a local design shop, and BREAKROOM 86, a nightclub by Houston brothers. The LINE is centrally located in Koreatown with easy access to Beverly Hills (6 miles), Downtown (3 miles), and Hollywood (3miles). Complimentary access to LINUS x LINE bicycles is available to all hotel guests along with 24-hour gym access. At The LINE Hotel, wifi is always free. In addition, there are free yoga classes every Saturday for hotel guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Southall Travel, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wilshire Plaza Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Wilshire Plaza