“Trendy and Great location”
Review of The Line

The Line
Ranked #34 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Bayside, New York, United States
“Trendy and Great location”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Line Hotel is located in Koreatown part of LA. The metro is directly across the street as well as the buses. The room was a little on the small side. It had little space for clothes if you were staying more than three days. We stayed a week.
The room has these great Roman shades that give floor to ceiling views of the city or Hollywood Hills. Hollywood Hills view cost a few dollars more per night and since we were spending a week there I did not want to spend the additional money.

Pros:
Extremely Polite hotel staff. Very friendly and personable. They try to go above and beyond. I found this to be true in all areas from Housekeeping, to Pool staff (Joy), to front desk. Rooms were newly renovated and clean. At first glance you think they are under construction due to the bare concrete walls and soon realize that is the look. The room was equipped with free Wifi, plenty of outlets to charge things, fully stocked mini bar, nice hotel amenities, slipper and robe ( but only for one person). Nice restaurants and cafes inside the hotel and within walking distance. Safe neighborhood. Comfortable bed!

Cons: Small rooms. Awkward to get around the bed from side next to wall. Parking was Valet only and very expensive($35 dollars/day with not weekly discounts or hotel discount) I was told this was operagted by outside vendor. You can park on the street a block or two away for free or use the garages in area but they do not have in/out privileges and are not 24 hrs. The pool is great but only weekend service for food and drinks. You can order stuff from first floor and they will deliver it to you but need to go to first floor to order. The hotel lobby on the weekend turns into a club. Lots of People. Way too many and they are kept at bay on the sidewalk and hotel entrance until their is space for them to enter and the windows are not sound proof so you can hear them at until the wee hours of the morning. They need to resolve that issue. We did not hear them during the week and I think it is only on Saturday where the crowds are too large. Music does blare from DJ during the week a little too loud to enjoy a cocktail or a meal at the restaurant. I did speak up about that and they took of a small charge I had to room without me requesting anything.

I will say they do attempt to satisfy the guests. i would go back there again. I was here for business and pleasure and my colleagues were at other hotels in town and they paid more money and said we had better views and at least restaurants open nearby.

Room Tip: If staying on the weekend book a Hollywood Hotel view because the night club noise from the street s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ed S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Line is a beautiful hotel located in Korea-town. Very stylish, big rooms, wonderful staff and a must stay if your looking for a comfortable sleep. The rooms are very quiet and extremely comfortable. Very high tech with everything being tied in with in room controls. Fully functional flat screen, ac, mini bar etc.

Room Tip: Hollywood Hills Room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ralph S
Kingsport, TN
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our flight to LA arrived late, and I called the hotel to let them know about our late arrival. My call went to voice mail, and they never called back. Upon arrival our room had a huge fan on the floor, attempting to dry out a saturated area of the floor. The floor stayed soaked for our entire four night stay, and we were offered nothing in compensation. There were no cups or glasses in the room, and it took four calls to the front desk to have two water glasses delivered. Each time we mentioned problems to the staff they responded in a very accommodating manner, and were very polite, but there was no follow through. Once, when I called the front desk from the room, my call went to voice mail.

The lobby area is adjacent to the night spot, and it is difficult to communicate with the front desk staff due to the thumping music at night. The view from our room was spectacular, and the hotel is where we wanted to be in LA for this visit. I hope they get their act together, because it would be a terrific place for us to stay if they can improve the service and fix the leaking plumbing.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the Hollywood Hills, and the 11th floor view was spectacular.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank John S
Josh B, Guest Relations Manager at The Line, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear John S

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay. It sounds like we really let you down. I will be following up with my team as to why your requests and challenges were not addressed properly.

Regards,
Alexa Hall
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I traveled to LA for work and it was a really great experience. The staff at this hotel is very kind and always eager to help. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. This hotel made my LA experience a whole lot better. Very hip and fun hotel!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alexandra D
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Planned a date night for me and hubby. This hotel is overpriced, it looks like it's still under construction. Looks like they ran out of money but opened anyway, lol. We both kept hitting our toes on the corner of the bedframe. My hubby still has pain in his foot the morning after.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Shannte H
Dear Shannte H,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Regards,
Alexa Hall
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in June. It was popular with young wealthy people with a good bar, Korean restaurant and café.

The staff was mostly young and eager to help, but sometimes I felt they lacked experience, especially when it came to some aspects of customer care.

I had a room on the 8th floor with excellent views to the Hollywood Hills – the entire wall was glass; not good if you don’t like heights. If you have a problem with modern décor and minimalism don’t stay here. I was sceptical at first but I got used to the concrete walls and strange ornaments.

The shower and facilities in the room were fine with a well-stocked mini-bar, but I did notice a couple of items were a few months out of date.

The gym is excellent with everything you need.

There is a decent-sized pool area with free cooled cucumber water (strange choice but it was refreshing) and free sun cream. Unfortunately service was poor here for a couple of weekday afternoons during my stay. I had to wait a long time before seeing a member of staff anywhere near the pool so that I could order food and a drink. One staff member was taking an order for some girls whose rooms weren’t ready yet and he said he couldn’t help me as this was not his job; he was just helping these girls due to their circumstance. It didn’t even dawn on him to get a member of staff who actually worked in the pool area. Very very frustrating that he failed with the basics.

It was loud outside my hotel room during most nights of my stay so maybe ask for a room on a high floor.

Wi-Fi is free but I was unable to get a connection during the five nights and had to go down 8 floors to the lobby to check emails. That was a major failure on the hotel’s part.

Airport and downtown L.A. are about 20-40 minutes away depending on traffic.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BusinessPleasure32
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Upon check in my daughter was impressed with how 'cool' the hotel looked, and I was impressed by how friendly AND hip the staff was!! It's not often you find all three ANYWHERE you go. Our room was modern and fun, small but clean and bright. The beds were SO SOFT and the pillows were plentiful. The fitness center had everything I needed, including kettle bells. The pool was staffed by super friendly (AND hip) people and they provided cucumber infused water all day long. The poolside restaurant wasn't open yet while we were there.....but I'm very excited to go back and see it in it's full glory. It looks like a giant green house and the menu sounded fresh and delicious! Can't wait to get back there for another visit!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Hollywood Hills are the way to go!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family