“HIP / TRENDY / CONVENIENT”
Review of The LINE

The LINE
Ranked #34 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Few hotels can blend trendy with comfortable - The LINE makes it happen. Rachel, Josh and Alice are fantastic. Keep it up! For a young hotel, they are killing it!

I recommend requesting a Hollywood view, it is beautiful and well appointed. Sleek design.

Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for The LINE

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Our first visit to LA and we stayed here for two nights. We selected the Line due to the high rating from fellow reviewers and we weren't disappointed - initially I thought some reviewers might have stretched the truth a little but no, not at all. In fact our stay exceeded our expectations. Room was very comfortable, we chose a view of the Hollywood hills. Room was very quiet and good value for money considering what is on offer in LA. Room Tip: ask for a room further down the hallway and away from the lifts and ice-making room.

The staff were outstanding. They couldn't be more helpful. We wanted to have a quick Look around Hollywood as we only had one day and all tours were fully booked. Rich, Guest Experience Manager, was fully of knowledge and his recommendation was just perfect for us. He even walked us over to the Metro and provided two out of towners (out of country) with enough confidence to travel the Metro to Hollywood. We couldn't provide a higher recommendation for what we experienced. If that wasn't enough Josh, Senior Manager - managed to retrieve property that we left on the plane. Not sure how he did this but this is an example of what the staff are like here. We found the area to have a good variety of restaurants and we even tried a Korean BBQ - what a great experience that was. When we visit again The Line is our hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Line Hotel is located in Koreatown part of LA. The metro is directly across the street as well as the buses. The room was a little on the small side. It had little space for clothes if you were staying more than three days. We stayed a week.
The room has these great Roman shades that give floor to ceiling views of the city or Hollywood Hills. Hollywood Hills view cost a few dollars more per night and since we were spending a week there I did not want to spend the additional money.

Pros:
Extremely Polite hotel staff. Very friendly and personable. They try to go above and beyond. I found this to be true in all areas from Housekeeping, to Pool staff (Joy), to front desk. Rooms were newly renovated and clean. At first glance you think they are under construction due to the bare concrete walls and soon realize that is the look. The room was equipped with free Wifi, plenty of outlets to charge things, fully stocked mini bar, nice hotel amenities, slipper and robe ( but only for one person). Nice restaurants and cafes inside the hotel and within walking distance. Safe neighborhood. Comfortable bed!

Cons: Small rooms. Awkward to get around the bed from side next to wall. Parking was Valet only and very expensive($35 dollars/day with not weekly discounts or hotel discount) I was told this was operagted by outside vendor. You can park on the street a block or two away for free or use the garages in area but they do not have in/out privileges and are not 24 hrs. The pool is great but only weekend service for food and drinks. You can order stuff from first floor and they will deliver it to you but need to go to first floor to order. The hotel lobby on the weekend turns into a club. Lots of People. Way too many and they are kept at bay on the sidewalk and hotel entrance until their is space for them to enter and the windows are not sound proof so you can hear them at until the wee hours of the morning. They need to resolve that issue. We did not hear them during the week and I think it is only on Saturday where the crowds are too large. Music does blare from DJ during the week a little too loud to enjoy a cocktail or a meal at the restaurant. I did speak up about that and they took of a small charge I had to room without me requesting anything.

I will say they do attempt to satisfy the guests. i would go back there again. I was here for business and pleasure and my colleagues were at other hotels in town and they paid more money and said we had better views and at least restaurants open nearby.

Room Tip: If staying on the weekend book a Hollywood Hotel view because the night club noise from the street s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ed S
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Line is a beautiful hotel located in Korea-town. Very stylish, big rooms, wonderful staff and a must stay if your looking for a comfortable sleep. The rooms are very quiet and extremely comfortable. Very high tech with everything being tied in with in room controls. Fully functional flat screen, ac, mini bar etc.

Room Tip: Hollywood Hills Room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ralph S
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our flight to LA arrived late, and I called the hotel to let them know about our late arrival. My call went to voice mail, and they never called back. Upon arrival our room had a huge fan on the floor, attempting to dry out a saturated area of the floor. The floor stayed soaked for our entire four night stay, and we were offered nothing in compensation. There were no cups or glasses in the room, and it took four calls to the front desk to have two water glasses delivered. Each time we mentioned problems to the staff they responded in a very accommodating manner, and were very polite, but there was no follow through. Once, when I called the front desk from the room, my call went to voice mail.

The lobby area is adjacent to the night spot, and it is difficult to communicate with the front desk staff due to the thumping music at night. The view from our room was spectacular, and the hotel is where we wanted to be in LA for this visit. I hope they get their act together, because it would be a terrific place for us to stay if they can improve the service and fix the leaking plumbing.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the Hollywood Hills, and the 11th floor view was spectacular.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank John S
Josh B, Guest Relations Manager at The LINE, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear John S

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay. It sounds like we really let you down. I will be following up with my team as to why your requests and challenges were not addressed properly.

Regards,
Alexa Hall

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I traveled to LA for work and it was a really great experience. The staff at this hotel is very kind and always eager to help. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. This hotel made my LA experience a whole lot better. Very hip and fun hotel!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alexandra D
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Planned a date night for me and hubby. This hotel is overpriced, it looks like it's still under construction. Looks like they ran out of money but opened anyway, lol. We both kept hitting our toes on the corner of the bedframe. My hubby still has pain in his foot the morning after.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shannte H

Dear Shannte H,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Regards,