“Super cool hotel, best value in LA”
Review of The LINE

The LINE
Ranked #39 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Doesn't get much better than that. Super cool hotel at surprisingly great prices. Great design, fun activities, friendly and efficient staff. Very easy to get anywhere from the Line. I'll be staying there whenever I'm in LA!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

So we had issues during check in on a Saturday afternoon. We got there a bit early so we weren't overly surprised that they couldn't get us in early. But regular check in is at 3pm and they told us they weren't ready yet. We waited till almost 4:20pm to get in our room. After that everything was fabulous! The room was a pleasant surprise. Everything was modern and clean looking. The bed was absolutely great. The view was the best feature by far. I love this hotel. It was a great spot for what we had going on. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor which I highly recommend.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the line for 3 nights with a friend and our 4 teenage daughters. Loved every bit from the check in with the attentive and friendly good looking staff to checkout. The rooms were well appointed with fun extras including amazing views, luxurious bedding, great electronics and fun touches including tasty cookies. All big hits with the kids. The bathrooms were large and modern. We booked an apartment suite to connect two rooms and had tons of space to spare. Truly a home away from home. The most fun was the extras and twist on the routine, the operator always greeted me by my first name and delivery (room service) came in a wagon. The rooms were quiet, but the lobby and restaurants busy. Obviously the hot new spot in LA. So glad we tried something new, so much more fun and young and bang for your buck than the four seasons.
Great new addition! Can't wait to bring my husband!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed in The Line three nights at the beginning of our honeymoon. We chose to stay 3 days in LA before going to French Polynesia because the flight was too long.
On the first night we got a room with twin beds and after explaining that we were on our honeymoon they transferred us to a suit on the next night, which was very nice.
The hotel is very modern, the staff very helpful and our suite was amazing. We loved the enormous windows (and the view) and the bathrooms were very cute. They also have a small store in the lobby that has amazing products (decor and clothes).
Two things that could be better: the parking fee is high and, although there is a small cafeteria in the lobby, the pastry choice is very limited.
Overall, we loved this hotel and will definitely stay here the next time we are in LA.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing but if you cannot afford it choose a room with a view of the Hollywood sign.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel was a last minute pick, but turned out to be a nice choice. Metro station and bus stop across the road. Very central and convenient. Great service, and nice rooms. Well worth it for the price they charge

Room Tip: Upgrade for $20 a day gives you a view of the Hollywood hills
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tsitsi H
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Having pre paid for room we arrived after a long journey to find room not ready. The promise of 5 minutes delay was actually closer to 3 hours but eventually we were accomodated but housekeeping had not checked the room and the previous guests items were still in the room. Initially management were dismissive but eventually accepted that there had been problems but unless i had followed up the complaint i doubt it woyld have been taken seriously. That said the staff were for the most part charming and the valet parking wuick and efficient. Front desk helped out with enquiries as much as they could but seemed under resourced especially at busy times. No maps of local area but subway is across the road and very handy to get about the city if you dont want to drive.
Only 1 restaurant at the time of our stay but the pool side bar looked lovely although it wasnt open to guests. Pool area is small for size of hotel but nicely furnished. Rooms are well proportioned would recommend a view of Hollywood Hills day or night it is stunning. Once the Line get the basics right i think it will be a draw to the young trendy visitors to this part of LA

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was traveling for work using my corporate credit card. After traveling the globe for work, I have never had a company pre-charge me $150 for "incidentals" ahead of my check out. When I asked to see the money reversed at check out, I was told it would take 5 business days. It was just odd since I've stayed at hotels all over and never experienced this. It's been more than 1 month now and it is not reversed. I had to call the hotel where I was managed by a very incompetent person who finally relented and put me through to accounting. It took some time and it's still quite resolved. To say the least, a pain.

The hotel was nice, but there was quite a lot of construction on my floor during my stay. I liked the decor and the location was very central.

They really are getting a bad review because this "pre-charge" business made things challenging for work travel so I can't recommend this for that reason alone.

Room Tip: construction work. stay away from floors were that happens
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank csimmonsOakland
AlexaHall, Guest Relations Manager at The LINE, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2014

Dear csimmonsOakland,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your past stay.
I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. If you have the time, please reach out to our Senior Guest Experience Manager, Josh Brown, who would love the opportunity to have you back.

Regards,