“Hotel was just fine for a cheap downtown LA stay”
Review of Stillwell Hotel

Stillwell Hotel
Ranked #213 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel's rate was $67 a night when the other hotels in the area start at $125! It was fine, very old but it did not smell. Bed was REALLY comfortable, looked at it and the mattress looked new-er. I was surprised to be given clean towels each day and the maid service was sufficent --they even removed a dried-on contact lens that I left stuck on the sink's edge. Staff is friendly. I was told there were no extra pillows or blankets when I asked for them. I did not see any transients or hookers in the lobby, although the lobby does have a loud bar with a rowdy crowd. The Hilton it is not, but since I was in the room from 10 Pm to 8 Am, who cares?

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank westlover

Reviewed 26 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This is the worst hotel I've stayed in my entire life. It's simply gross. Dirty, smells bad, it's just not a place where you can stay and have at least a decent sleep.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank clserranoc
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I recently stayed at the Stillwell Hotel for business. This place was chosen for its proximity to the convention center and affordable rates (80nt). It is a very outdated, grungy looking hotel.

Check in was fast but once in the room I wanted to run out. It was small, outdated and dirty. When getting into bed there were stains on the sheets. When I called the front desk they said they did not have extra sheets.

The bathroom was tiny and you can actually wash your hands while using the toilet.

I would not stay here again. I would pay more money to stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Serena107
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We got what we paid for. Basic room with a bathroom. We stayed during New Years Eve and it was not bad (a bit noisey, but we were able to sleep well). The building is old, but for the price, you can't expect the hotel to look and feel like the Hilton. If all you want is a room to sleep, shower and close to downtown LA ($14.00 taxi cab ride), then this may be for you.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Celaya97
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights so that we could attend some events at the Staples centre and surrounding places. We were a bit cautious due to the cheap prices and lack of photos but we very pleasantly surprised. Very short walk to everything, Staples centre, Ralphs supermarket, Denny's etc. Room size was good and there is paid parking next door if you need it. Staff were helpful too.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Calebmondon
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I object to it being called a flophouse. Ok, there are long term guests. And, ok, the guests were not all that well bathed. But to be in Downtown LA, 6 blocks from the Staples Center, and the LA Convention Center, and with a price just a fraction of the Ritz-Carlton, I enjoyed having a place. The room was very clean. I would suggest this hotel to anyone who asked.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business