“Stay elsewhere, positive reviews are from luck of the draw. Definite no-go if you have allergies.”

Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
Ranked #92 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Just checked in. Our first room smelled stale and of smoke. Assigned new room, it smelled of mildew, the "headboards" were the windows (no, I'm not joking - they did have wood shutters though) and the bathroom was dirty (toothpaste and hair on sink). Went down to desk, complained and insisted on a proper room. Third room least mildew smell. Tried to relocate to Hilton group, but they were booked, so stuck here. Each room had one light fixture not working and this one the phone was unplugged, a safety issue I should think.
We were booked here by the client, so we did not choose. I did look over the other comments and I think that there are different rooms that have been renovated resulting in higher reviews. But I've been in 3 tonight, all sub-par. This is essentially a random experience. $40 parking and $10 wifi another reason to stay elsewhere.
Also, the first room was one of their better ones "designed for the business traveler" with "bright lighting" that is absurd, the first thing we commented on was how dark it was and how to get work done.
For frame of reference, we are not ritz-carlton folks, we are totally satisfied at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I read all the mixed reviews for this hotel but decided to book it because of the great weekend price and location. I was not disappointed. The hotel is beautiful and as other reviewers have stated, elegant and lovely. The room we had was a corner room with windows on all sides. Yes, the bathroom and room is not modern but we loved that it was so charming. The windows were wood windows that actually opened and allowed for a cool breeze throughout the room. Also, I loved that the bathroom had a big window that opened too. The room was clean, comfortable, and filled with light because of all the windows. The heated pool was wonderful. We swam every day of our visit. We loved the large marble steam room and there is a dry sauna too. The exercise room and locker room/showers were more than adequate and we appreciated that there was no additional charge to use the facilities. Although parking is expensive, we avoided the $40.00 parking fee by parking at the lot right across the street for $6.00 all day with in and out privileges. It is an outdoor lot on the corner but there is an underground lot across the street too. This hotel is only a block away from the Metro so we took the Metro to Koreatown since we knew parking was almost impossible on a Saturday night. The hotel is also 2 blocks away from Central market which is a great place to pick up lunch. We had dinner at a restaurant called Church and State, which is about a 10 minute drive from the hotel. It was delicious but reservations are a must. We had a great weekend and this hotel will definitely be the hotel we stay at when in LA.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wanna-be-vagabond
Reviewed 20 September 2011

A few days ago we stayed at the Biltmore. The hotel has a good location (Pershing Square) and is very close to metro.

The hotel's lobby is absolutely beautiful, the cocktailbar is great as well. Overall, the service is good. The rooms have good furniture, but the hotel is quite old. Meaning, the mattress is old and squeaky, there are single pane windows and the bathroom is old. The most frustrating thing is the amount of noice coming from LAPD copters at night (single pane windows) and the staff can be quite loud in the morning.

As usually with big name hotels, the internet is $10, the parking is $40, there is no fridge or microwave in the room etc. Overall, a wonderful building and good service, but definitely not the right value for money spent.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I have noticed a lot of negative reviews for this hotel, and I don't know why. I cannot fault this hotel one bit. The public areas of the hotel are beautiful 1920's Beaux Arts style and still carry the elegance of when it was first built. The dining options and bar are really good, and the health club facilities (including an amazing indoor pool) are more than adequate. The hotel's public areas have been used numerous times for movies, and they were filming whilst I was there last. I stayed in a club level room which I would highly recommend, as it is slightly larger and comes with access to an exclusive lounge, where continental breakfast and pre-dinner drinks are served daily, with access to free wi-fi, concierge, etc. The room and bathroom are a bit old, but it is important to remember that you are staying in an historic hotel. This doesn't affect the quality of the bedding, linens, furniture etc, and these were to modern standards. The service was impeccable - no request was too large, service was prompt, and every staff member I passed greeted me. I arrived at 8am after a very long flight way ahead of my 3pm check-in, and I was given a room immediately. The location was excellent - I managed to spend 6 days in L.A. with no car because access to the more than affordable Metro/Bus system was so easy. People should be aware that L.A. downtown is atypical of other city areas; at night it is relatively quiet, and there are some homeless around. It is not unsafe though, provided you stay away from certain areas. Downtown these days is a vibrant place during the day - I managed to spend 2.5 days just downtown, visiting museums, landmarks, and exploring the historical areas. I highly recommend this hotel and will be staying here again next time I'm in L.A.

Room Tip: Choose a club level room for it's additional features - a money saver in the end for free breakf...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The Millenium Biltmore is the classiest place to stay in downtown LA. Though not in a sleek state of repair the glory of the original 1920's Beaux Arts and Revival style resonates through out the hotel. The cafes, lounge, pool, and lobby allow you to relax in the grace of a different place and time. The exercise facility is state of the art. Very reasonable prices can be got for weeklong stays and if you opt to park off site staying at the Biltmore is practically a budget deal.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I'm not sure why this is a 4-star hotel; location is good, lobby is nice, the dining area below the elevators is very fancy (was featured briefly in Beverly Hills Cop) and the rooms are ok - old CRT televisions with a 50-50 chance of the remote working propertly. Beds are comfy and rooms are sizeable enough but, let's get to the point, the bathrooms have barely enough space in which to turn around.

Yes, this is a location with an amazing history - plenty of pictures of the early Academy Awards. So, this is an old building that has been remarkably maintained, just not what I would label 4-star; 3.5 - yes, 4 - no.

Staff we have met were extremely friendly and accomodating - overnight valey only parking is $40 per night - probably do that to make up for the $105 per night Hotwire room rate.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We decided to stay here because it had fairly good reviews on TripAdvisor. I'm glad we listened, because we had a comfortable stay. The staff was really nice, the room comfortable and much larger than I expected, and the valet parking was convenient, though pricey. Being downtown was not convenient for us, but I would consider staying here again because I care more about clean rooms and kind staff than being exactly where I need to be.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple