“Beware”

Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles
Ranked #91 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Booked through 3rd party website. Selected double. Clearly states double. Upon checkin, was informed they had no doubles available. However, when I check through their own website for this evening, they show doubles. Thus, either they lied to me in person, or they lie on their website.

Older building, smaller rooms, only paid wifi (even in lobby), hot tub out of order.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Mpmav1
There are newer reviews for Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles

Reviewed 12 April 2012

The lobby is impressive but the rooms need renovation. The location is very depressing, although it is situated in the city center.
Our car has been taken since our arrival and we have been charged 40 usd/night without being asked to leave the car at the hotel parking or not. You don't have the keys with you and the access to the car is only via the hotel staff.
Public parkings around the hotel charge not more than 20 -25 usd/night.
There is no free internet access. If you want to print your boarding pass, you should pay for the internet access and for the printing of each page. Very strange policy of so vaunted hotel.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dan710
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My two daughters and myself stayed at this hotel. It is very grand and full of charm and character. The rooms are really nice and comfortable. This hotel offers an excellent breakfast. It's location is ok but we found having a car was easier. The staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was recently on a whirlwind trip to the USA for the love of the NBA.
We decided to watch a few games at the staples center, It was about a 20 min walk from there.
LA being such a big city it is probably advisable having a car to see all the attractions.
However as far as downtown is concerned it is pretty central.
50 dollar cab ride from the airport.
Friendly staff, clean hotel, it has a lot of history and character.
The concierge was only to helpful for any of our silly questions.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed 4 nights and had problems from the start. I have booked a king and got to my room to find I was in a double/double. I went back to reception to be told its my fault as no non smoking king rooms were not available so they had given me a double non smoking and that smoking preference is not guaranteed. After having to complain to the manager, they agreed to reduce my room rate until a king room was available the next day. I was not surprised to hear over the days when I was near reception other customers unhappy at the rooms allocated and requesting room changes.

The hotel lobby itself is all glamourous and glitsy but the rooms themselves are an embarrassment for this brand. The bath was stained badly ( in both rooms I had), the plaster around the walls was cracking and the bathroom didn't even have a door handle inner. I understand that rooms do wear out, but this was to the standard of a budget motel, not a high quality hotel as they claim to be.

It has the big hotel brand set backs as well like having to pay for internet (now standard as free in most other hotels) and no fridge in the room to put a few drinks.

On the positive side, the bed was comfortable and the house keeping kept the room as clean as they could in light of the high level of wear and tear to walls and paintwork.

For the price, I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere. If thou can get the room at a good rate (closer to the $100 level), then give it a go.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PlatinumNZ
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We were there for a quick overnight, but we enjoyed the "experience." Staying in a hotel that's a throw back to the days of Hollywood grandeur was a unique, fun time for us. The room was your average room, with a unique decor (again, a nod to the days gone by). The bathroom is tiny, and our tub had peeling paint.

We were "promised" fluffy bathrobes, but our room didn't have any. We were also promised upon booking our room that we would be on floors 3-5, but our room was on the 11th floor. Not that we really cared about that. Another "negative" if you can call it that, was we were promised "Club Access" which was complimentary cocktail hour fare, and breakfast in the morning. What they don't tell you until you arrive is that children may not partake in this, because it's set up for business travelers. My 10 year old didn't mind, but it would have been nice if everyone in my "party" had been able to enjoy the breakfast.

What my daughter did enjoy was the pool, and we spent a good part of our brief visit at the Biltmore Health Club. I thought the lobby was breathtaking and the staff very courteous.

The one BEWARE I will share with possible visitors: DO NOT STAY NEAR THE ELEVATORS. In fact, if you get to your room and find yourself close to the elevators, insist on another room. Your hotel room will offer you no sound buffering, and you'll hear the "ding" of the elevators all night long. Unfortunately for us, another guest on our floor (only a room or two away from ours), came into the hallway and was loud, drunk and banging on doors for several minutes, waking us up and putting a damper on the "relaxing" mood the hotel had created for us. I can't blame the Biltmore for that, but beware, you will hear everything going on in the hallway. Be sure to turn on the rooms A/C and it will drown out some of the noise - that's how we survived the night.

And lastly - while very courteous and helpful - the VALET service will run you $40 per night, so be prepared for the cost of parking in Los Angeles. I had done my research and expected it, but if it was a surprise I would have been bummed out.

Overall, just 3 stars because of noise, and a few details the staff overlooked. On the positive side, it was neat to be able to show my daughter a bit of living history, in this grand looking hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid staying anywhere near the elevators or you won't sleep!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Good value - rooms are older but have been remodeled. Overall I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012